Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 169
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    estockda's update of Jason's patch was necessary for me. Clients could connect, but wouldn't be able to get to the net prior to the patch.

    Don't forget, internalz can also install the patch if you're not at a machine w/WOSQI.
    same here-- updated MHS, then connected my computer but no net access... emailed myself the updated patch from estockda, opened up my email on the pre, downloaded the patch, then clicked on attachment again and that opened up internalz and I installed it from there... Luna restart and we are good to go again!
  2. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    same here-- updated MHS, then connected my computer but no net access... emailed myself the updated patch from estockda, opened up my email on the pre, downloaded the patch, then clicked on attachment again and that opened up internalz and I installed it from there... Luna restart and we are good to go again!
    +1
  3. #103  
    OK I believe I have fudged things up.

    I had the previous version installed and working fine. I followed the instructions here and installed the new version. I emailed myself and used Internalz to install the patch. It installed and I got the "Restart Luna". prompt.

    Before I could click "ok" I got a phone call. After the call I went back to Internalz and before I realized that the "Luna restart" prompt had disappeared I accidentally clicked the "Remove" button. Internalz removed it so I tried to reinstall it. I get an "Error installing patch" message.

    When I open up the Mobile Hotspot app all it is is a blank white card with "Mobile Hotspot" menu dropdown in the upper left. I've tried restarting my phone but no luck.

    Any ideas?
  4. #104  
    What is the advantage to update to the new MHS 1.1.4?
    My previous one works ok!

    Duke
  5. #105  
    Hmmm, I'm confused. Several ppl here are talking about Freetether or FreetetherD settings. Where are you ppl getting this? I don't have any such app & I have MHS installed & running great. Have had it for many months & use it 5 nights a week. I'm guessing there is some app that I am missing, but.... apparently, its not necessary. Maybe that's why you ppl can't get the update to work.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  6. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Hmmm, I'm confused. Several ppl here are talking about Freetether or FreetetherD settings. Where are you ppl getting this? I don't have any such app & I have MHS installed & running great. Have had it for many months & use it 5 nights a week. I'm guessing there is some app that I am missing, but.... apparently, its not necessary. Maybe that's why you ppl can't get the update to work.
    Are You using Verizon Pre Plus? Then the extra apps are not needed.
  7. #107  
    Does the most recent update affect Sprint users in any way?
    It is working fine before the update and dont want it disabled.
  8. #108  
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gee View Post
    Does the most recent update affect Sprint users in any way?
    It is working fine before the update and dont want it disabled.
    Download freetether app from Preware and manually enable ip forwarding.
    The "auto enable ip forwarding" patch no longer works with new version of MHS.
  10. #110  
    I updated and couldn't get it to work, so I deleted it and went back to the earlier version. No problems since, and that's the last time I try to update MHS.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Are You using Verizon Pre Plus? Then the extra apps are not needed.
    No. i have a Sprint Pre.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  12. #112  
    I manually combined Jason's Auto Enable IP Forward patch into microap-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $everything$ $is$ $working$ $fine$ $for$ $me$.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13. #113  
    The title of this thread should be changed as it is kind of false information.
    Anyway, someone also updated and posted the patch in another thread as well.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2702687
    Last edited by mjkjr; 10/13/2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: "<<Threads Merged>>" rendered my post useless :)
  14. #114  
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I've modified Jason's original patch to work with the new version.

    Note: This is Jason Robitaille's work, I just had to tweak it a little for the new version.
    If I install the update this patch will make it work?
  16. ndz
    ndz is offline
    ndz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    same here-- updated MHS, then connected my computer but no net access... emailed myself the updated patch from estockda, opened up my email on the pre, downloaded the patch, then clicked on attachment again and that opened up internalz and I installed it from there... Luna restart and we are good to go again!
    This works. Go one page back to find estockda's post w/ link to patch.

    Unfortunately, there are still connect/disconnect issues with Ubuntu 10.04 clients. It appears to be a Palm hotspot bug but there's a workaround if you are willing to recompile your Ubuntu wifi drivers.

    References:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/577015
    Problem with 3G Mobile Hotspot connectivity - Ubuntu Forums
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ndows-7-a.html <-- P|C is killing this last link for some reason. Cut the first part out of the url after clicking.
  17. #117  
    I'm curious about the additional options. I noticed MHS turns itself off if no client has connected. Is it possible to always have it available? I figure I would just leave it open and on at all times so if anyone ever needs the internet they can just get within range of me.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    This works. Go one page back to find estockda's post w/ link to patch.

    Unfortunately, there are still connect/disconnect issues with Ubuntu 10.04 clients. It appears to be a Palm hotspot bug but there's a workaround if you are willing to recompile your Ubuntu wifi drivers.

    References:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/577015
    Problem with 3G Mobile Hotspot connectivity - Ubuntu Forums
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ndows-7-a.html <-- P|C is killing this last link for some reason. Cut the first part out of the url after clicking.
    Yeah, but the recompiling was pretty easy, didn't take more than about 10 minutes. The only problem now is that it doesn't show up on its own, you've gotta connect to a hidden network and type your info in that way.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You'll have to patch it manually at this point, but it works. The parts that would would need to be patched are the same content, but the line numbers are wrong (sorry, but I didn't keep track of the line numbers while doing it).

    There are new settings, like hotspot off when no devices connected, and custom DHCP settings.

    This post was sent via my Mobile Hotspot connection, as confirmation it's working.


    I updated, and it shows I'm connected on my Pre and computer, but no internet! What do I do?
    Twitter: adamcarter
  20. Angry Man's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    sprint pre here,,updated no problem
    Yeah and we don't get the builtin hot spot either. My Tether has given me terrible performance. I initially got it in the hopes of not needing to pay AT&T for 3G service on my iPad, boy was I dissapointed!
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper

Posting Permissions