Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    estockda- I've updated MHS, installed the new patch, and have freetether. I can connect to MHS with my laptop but no data tranfers. Any thoughts?
    Do you see the EV (Sprint) or 3G (AT&T) icon in the top right? For me, anytime a computer connects to the mobile hotspot, the data is killed (icon goes away) and eventually restarts (icon comes back) a few minutes later. It's only once the icon comes back that I am able to get internet.

Note: This happened in the old version (1.0.14) as well.

Is that what you're experiencing?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I updated yesterday and of course it stopped working. Just applied the patch estockda supplied and it works again. I'm posting from my mhs right not.

Thanks so much for redoing the patch (and thanks to Jason for putting the patch together in the first place)! This was the first patch I'd installed via an email attachment too. Very exciting.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for updating the patch, works great...

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    Do you see the EV (Sprint) or 3G (AT&T) icon in the top right? For me, anytime a computer connects to the mobile hotspot, the data is killed (icon goes away) and eventually restarts (icon comes back) a few minutes later. It's only once the icon comes back that I am able to get internet.

Note: This happened in the old version (1.0.14) as well.

Is that what you're experiencing?
    Ok, I follow you on all that but here is what I get from my network page per the attached pdf.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    OK, maybe piracy is a strong word. But it is most definitely software to which you are not entitled. How do you know that VZW didn't pay extra licensing fees to Palm to be able to offer this feature?

Seriously, think about. VZW is typically the "lock down" carrier and Sprint is typically the "give away the store" carrier. Why in the case of MHS is this different?

BTW, this is world's different than patching! MHS is an app, made available in the app catalog, that was briefly available for download, erroroneously, to Sprint phones. It is not a piece of software that came on your phone and needed to be uncommented.

No fear however, the mods silence on this issue speaks volumes. That's the last I will say on this matter.
    Piracy is illegal.

If Sprint or Palm felt that using MHS on Sprint was illegal, then they'd have cancelled my account 3 times already when I went into the Sprint store for phone replacement and had the MHS app front and center on the quick launch bar every time.
    Fortunately, the thread encompasses more than MHS, it involves the work of Freetether and Freetetherd. The mods prohibit the posting of MHS links, that says enough, imo. If we're going to bemoan this, let's end the threads to mod Verizon phones into Sprint phones (cause Sprint would let you activate it without the mod if they wanted you to use the phone on their network) or the threaeds to get your phone on [insert cheap carrrier of your choice] through settings mods or ban threads on MyTether/Freetether in the first place. Thankfully, not everyone chooses to live on the profit-driven, customer-unfriendly laws of ridiculous cooperations who want to charge you $30 for tethering so they can pay some CEO a multi-million bonus. JFC, some people just love to be had by the balls.

ETA:

As for the location of the two FT files:

Freether is on this feed:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...s/testing/all/

Freetherd is on this feed:
    Pixi: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv6/
    Pre: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/

All the way at the bottom of each.
    Last edited by malpha; 10/10/2010 at 01:44 PM.
    enough already, come on. if you want to discuss piracy start your own thread in off topic.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I do not understand why Sprint wants to charge $30 extra should you want the Mobile HotSpot. Under the "unlimited" (maybe 5G) I barely use 1G due to all the WIFI being available at work and home. Am I not entiled to the remaining unused G's?

IF Sprint decides to enforce the extra charge for MHS...well after 12 years and three family phones, we're off to Verizon.

And yes, I accidentally upgraded my apps, and did not realize Palm's MHS was on the list. No problem, deleted the Palm MHS and reinstalled the oldie but goodie!
    Last edited by kaicho; 10/10/2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I updated it today. I have it and freetherD v 0.0.3. It's not working. How do I download that third patch? I dnt have net on my laptop, I'm posting this from my pre. I havethe latest preware so I can install patches directly from a link or email. Let me know if you can post the link here or if you can email it to me.

thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    I updated it today. I have it and freetherD v 0.0.3. It's not working. How do I download that third patch? I dnt have net on my laptop, I'm posting this from my pre. I havethe latest preware so I can install patches directly from a link or email. Let me know if you can post the link here or if you can email it to me.

thank you.
    If you go the Freetether link I posted, you can download it from that link. It's all the way at the bottom. You can install it with Preware or Internalz.

After you install the Freetether app, open it up and switch on IP forwarding.
    Complain about moderators - All decisions to delete posts, edit posts, and lock threads, are final, and not up for discussion. Posting a thread complaining about moderation may result in a one-week ban on your account. Send a PM to a moderator if you have a question about a locked/edited posting.
    Keep your moderation complaints to PM only please.

<<posts removed>>

Also....software piracy is illegal (including MHS). Therefor you are not permitted to post links to illegal distributions of that software or talk about where to get copies of that software. You are free to talk about the software however. That's it, end of story.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/10/2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    If you go the Freetether link I posted, you can download it from that link. It's all the way at the bottom. You can install it with Preware or Internalz.

After you install the Freetether app, open it up and switch on IP forwarding.
    thanks dude. it worked
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    thanks dude. it worked
    yep worked here too! Freetetherd + freetether as above, switch on IP Forwarding. Perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Keep your moderation complaints to PM only please.

<<posts removed>>

Also....software piracy is illegal (including MHS). Therefor you are not permitted to post links to illegal distributions of that software or talk about where to get copies of that software. You are free to talk about the software however. That's it, end of story.
    Thank you, makes sense to me. I did see a similar discussion on A|C that came to the same conclusion, as long as links aren't provided discussion is ok. I can live with that.

So, I apologize for starting this mess in this thread by bringing this up, since links were obviously not provided nor was that the intent of the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    anybody on o2 germany who updated und tested the mobile hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Yes, since it's legal for us, all is good. You can safely update.

Well since O2 stopped the tethering with mobile phones on the new "Internet Pack M" and just those who already had an old-option "M" were allowed, i just have some fears to update the app.

o2 schickt Datentarif in die Steinzeit – Tethering in Zukunft untersagt » Update, Tethering, Netbook, iPad, Kunden, Handy » mobiFlip.de
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    I updated yesterday and of course it stopped working. Just applied the patch estockda supplied and it works again. I'm posting from my mhs right not.

Thanks so much for redoing the patch (and thanks to Jason for putting the patch together in the first place)! This was the first patch I'd installed via an email attachment too. Very exciting.

I've downloaded the patch. How exactly do u patch it to your phone? Do u use Quick Install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
    I've downloaded the patch. How exactly do u patch it to your phone? Do u use Quick Install?
    Yes, download it and use WOSQUI to install the IPK file.
    I just updated through the app catalog and had no problems.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    estockda's update of Jason's patch was necessary for me. Clients could connect, but wouldn't be able to get to the net prior to the patch.

Don't forget, internalz can also install the patch if you're not at a machine w/WOSQI.