Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I have the My Tether app, and have not updated the MHS. So I guess I should just avoid doing the update. Has anyone with My Tether updated with a Sprint Pre?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Just updated using the Updates App on my Sprint Pre

Working great!

I just manually turn on the IP Forwarding with freeTether.
    anybody on o2 germany who updated und tested the mobile hotspot?
    Yes, since it's legal for us, all is good. You can safely update.
    for those that updated to mhs 1.1.4 and it did not work, did you go into freeTether and enable IP Forwarding?
    Yes i enabled IP Forwarding and it did not work. I have a Sprint Pre any other ideas that I can do to get this to work?
    After updating to 1.1.4 having no luck getting internet... I'm gonna try removing everything and starting over to see if that fixes the problem.
    Finally got it to work. I uninstalled everything then installed the free tether, free tether d, and mhs 1.0.14 patched.

Updated via the app catalog then turned on ip forwarding in free tether.

After that everything seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought MHS on the Pre is for VZW and not Sprint.
    well i would think because they are talking about an update to an existing app .. not telling people to go get it or how ... just my thought
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/10/2010 at 03:35 PM.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Updated my sprint pre - no problems- using it now
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    Yes, I'm on a Sprint Pre..

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Sorry to **** in, but how are some of you using TapaTalk for webOS?
    I thought piracy was about taking and using software without paying for it? As far as I know MHS is free on Verizon (both software and fee) they took the monthly fee away awhile back. All this is, from my understanding is taking existing free software and modifying it to work on another version of the same phone. I'm pretty sure similar actions have happened on Windows Mobile and other platforms in the past. Or heck, way back when we made LED notifications work on our phones by un-commenting the code wouldn't really be much different than what's being done here would it?

Is it because the carriers are (for once) not getting their way? I'm just curious about why the piracy card is getting played when I'm not seeing any kind of money being stolen from this. We get unlimited data (those that pay for it anywho) and shouldn't we be able to use it when we need it?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Beta testing the tap@talk app.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought MHS on the Pre is for VZW and not Sprint.
    No one is pirating software here! MHS is software that Palm wrote and freely installs on the WebOS devices. Sprint, on the other hand, chose to not include the app in their devices because they would rather charge their customers an additional $40/month for a Phone as Modem plan. All we are doing is re-enabling Palms already FREE MHS app to run on a Sprint device.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/10/2010 at 03:35 PM.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Ok, I've tried the old IPK for MHS both with and without the patch while using freetether.

I've also tried the updated MHS with freetether. No dice transferring data. Anybody have ideas why neither the old nor the new will work so far on my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I've never had the mobile hotspot app on my Sprint Pre. I noticed it in Preware today, version 1.1.4. When I click to install it, it says this application is not available for my carrier.

For the guys who posted earlier saying they have Sprint Pre's; How are you able to install this app on your phone?
    This is happening to me too, although I already had the MHS installed a while ago.. In preware, it says that there's an update for the MHS, after I click the upgrade button, it says that this application is not available for the carrier..

Assuming this means I need to remove it and reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    This is happening to me too, although I already had the MHS installed a while ago.. In preware, it says that there's an update for the MHS, after I click the upgrade button, it says that this application is not available for the carrier..

Assuming this means I need to remove it and reinstall?
    If you intend to install the update try hitting the icon in the bottom right once you open the App catalog. From there you can update it.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    What feed is the free tether app on?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I've modified Jason's original patch to work with the new version.

Note: This is Jason Robitaille's work, I just had to tweak it a little for the new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    I've modified Jason's original patch to work with the new version.

Note: This is Jason Robitaille's work, I just had to tweak it a little for the new version.
    estockda- I've updated MHS, installed the new patch, and have freetether. I can connect to MHS with my laptop but no data tranfers. Any thoughts?