Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    If you are using MHS on Sprint...I upgraded, and MHS 1.1.4 does not work with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    I am on sprint and I updated just fine. app works perfectly
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am on sprint,,and it works fine after update
    So, umm, I guess I'm having trouble going with the "2 out of 3" say it works fine thing...

Probably gonna wait for more verification before I jump in and update.
    I'll be waiting to update as well. In the mean time I'll subscribe to this thread in case new info comes out.
    anyone know what the update does?
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    It may depend on what MHS you use. I have the patched MHS and freetetherD. Others had the enable IP forwarding patch separate from MHS 1.0.14.

When I update, I can tether via wifi from my Pre to my laptop, but there is no internet availability. There is no way you could have internet connection if you used the patched MHS 1.0.14 without the separate, enable IP forwarding (which I can't find anywhere).

There were 2 ways to enable MHS on Sprint: 1) MHS, IP forward patch and freethetherD. That 3 step version may be upgradable.
    2) Patched MHS and freetetherD. This 2 step method doesn't work (1.1.4 is not patched, obviously).
    Last edited by jwbekens; 10/08/2010 at 10:44 PM.
    updated and stopped working for my sprint pre. deleted and put the old patched version back on and works fine now.
    reading all of these posts regarding updating mhs hotspot on Sprint working or not working so figured I would give it a try. Not sure when, but my phone already updated it (most likely earlier in the week when I did an update all). All still working fine.. as I just posted this response via mhs 1.1.4 on my Sprint Pre
    updated on my Sprint Pre. Posting this response via the Macbook using the Pre's mhs
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Well after I updated it, I couldn't get it to work. So I reverted back to the earlier version which is working as perfectly as it did before. Any ideas when we'll get a working update/hack/patch?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I updated it, and have to enable ip forwarding through the freetether app, then it works great. Hopefully someone can modify the patch to work with this version. I will probably try and patch it manually for now.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    can someone please send me a link to get Mobile Hotspot 1.0.14 i updated on accident and have web os quick install i just cant get it to work right
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I tried adding the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot and updated again. Still didn't work. Reinstalled 1.0.14 and MHS works again. I uninstalled MHS, AEIPF, and freetetherD and then reinstalled them. No go for me. Back to the freetetherd and patched MHS 1.0.14. This 2 IPK method works with the AEIPF patch still installed.

The updated MHS has a preferences menu where Custom is default setting and there are 3 or so other settings. I tried all of them. It still didn't work.

Could others where the 1.1.4 update works tell us if they originally installed the patched MHS with freetetherD (2 IPK method) or with the 3 IPK method?

Hmmm.
    I tried adding the Auto-Enable IP Forwarding In Mobile Hotspot and updated again. Still didn't work. Reinstalled 1.0.14 and MHS works again. I uninstalled MHS, AEIPF, and freetetherD and then reinstalled them. No go for me. Back to the freetetherd and patched MHS 1.0.14. This 2 IPK method works with the AEIPF patch still installed.

The updated MHS has a preferences menu where Custom is default setting and there are 3 or so other settings. I tried all of them. It still didn't work.

Could others where the 1.1.4 update works tell us if they originally installed the patched MHS with freetetherD (2 IPK method) or with the 3 IPK method?

Hmmm.
    I used the 2 ipk method
    I've never had the mobile hotspot app on my Sprint Pre. I noticed it in Preware today, version 1.1.4. When I click to install it, it says this application is not available for my carrier.

For the guys who posted earlier saying they have Sprint Pre's; How are you able to install this app on your phone?
    I've never had the mobile hotspot app on my Sprint Pre. I noticed it in Preware today, version 1.1.4. When I click to install it, it says this application is not available for my carrier.

For the guys who posted earlier saying they have Sprint Pre's; How are you able to install this app on your phone?
    It may depend on what MHS you use. I have the patched MHS and freetetherD. Others had the enable IP forwarding patch separate from MHS 1.0.14.

When I update, I can tether via wifi from my Pre to my laptop, but there is no internet availability. There is no way you could have internet connection if you used the patched MHS 1.0.14 without the separate, enable IP forwarding (which I can't find anywhere).

There were 2 ways to enable MHS on Sprint: 1) MHS, IP forward patch and freethetherD. That 3 step version may be upgradable.
    2) Patched MHS and freetetherD. This 2 step method doesn't work (1.1.4 is not patched, obviously).
    enable IP forwarding patch.........
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    are you sprint pre?
    If you are using MHS on Sprint, both Preware and the App Catalog will ask you to upgrade to 1.1.4. I upgraded, and MHS 1.1.4 does not work with Sprint. Duh. Just uninstall the new version with holding Orange/Silver and tapping the MHS app in the launcher. Then reinstall 1.0.14 with WebOS Quick Install. All is good. Carry on. I repeat: Do not upgrade MHS on SPRINT! Maybe someone will modify 1.1.4 to work with Sprint......

I don't have any version of MHS on my Sprint Pre. When I click in Preware to install it, it takes me to the app catalog and says this application is not available for my carrier.

How do I get MHS for my Sprint Pre???
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    are you sprint pre?
    Yes, I'm on Sprint
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    When I tried to do the update, it said it wasn't available for my service. Any notice on what new features might be? Maybe more battery friendly?
    i cant update even if i wanted to. this is gonna irk me cuz now its gonna always show up as wanting to update and i wont be able to get rid of it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast