Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I saw that SkyOrb became available today. Does it use GPS to give you a map of the sky based on current time and location? I'm looking forward to giving this one a try if the answer is yes!
    Im still waiting for the one from the Android OS that eveyrone shows off. Where it shows the sky depending on how you postion the phone. Das cool.
    ^^ need digital compass for that fanciness
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    ^^ need digital compass for that fanciness
    Thats what I figured...
    nice!! Just downloaded the app, then noticed all the complaints, but hopefully those will get ironed out soon. Been waiting a long time for something like this
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I've been looking for a good sky map! (ala my app rants)
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    This app is consistantly crashing on me. I just sent the developers a message asking about it. Anyone else having problems with it?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I got a message from the developers, this is a known issue and they are trying to get it fixed this weekend.
    Vincent Black to me, support_2008
    show details 9:12 PM (7 hours ago)

Hello
    Thanks for sending us your feedback and sorry that you are experiencing these problems.

There is a problem recently reported with the Update/MPC TLE (especially when updating from a 3G network).
    This will be fixed in the next update next week.

Try to reinstall the application, you shouldn't be charged by Palm App Store (but frankly we don't know exactly how it works).
    Or you can wait next week for the update, which also add the portrait/landscape orientation.

Thanks;

On 2010-10-08, at 8:20 PM, noreply@realtech-vr.com wrote:

>
    > A feedback has been sent from Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS lookup 174.0.185.182
    > Following description:
    >
    > Just downloaded the app for my palm pre today and it keeps crashing. It worked a few times earlier, but know the screen goes black and then sends me back to my main screen for my phone. derekfirth007@gmail.com
    >

So aside from this little hiccup ......and presuming this gets fixed......THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE COOLEST, APPS TO COME OUT IN A LONG TIME One thing to the rest of us(users), MPC(Minor Planet Circulars)/TLE(Orbital Elements) updating isn't working at the moment. If you try to update these, it will cause the program to crash and the only way to fix it is to delete the app and re-download.

DEVELOPERS: It would be cool if you could add a feature to track the ISS (International Space Station) or any other significant satalites, I realize that they do fly across the sky pretty fast, but maybe if you're not able to have it rendered in the app, maybe have a table with approximate viewing times/direction to look etc.

Thanks for porting this over to webOS, I'm going to say it again, THIS IS A COOL APP

EDIT -- Having found the docs for this app, the MPC/TLE (Two Line Elements) Update, is the thing I just mentioned regarding satalites(as well as comets asteroids etc). Cool cool cool 8)
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/09/2010 at 07:06 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Finally found the documentation on this. Just saw an update on Facebook page saying that at 10:00PM 8 October, they had submitted v1.3.5(not related to webOS version) which supposedly would fix the update issue as well as support landscape mode. Still no update available from Palm, but at least it is coming and soon
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    The app was updated in the catalog today. In general things seem to run much smoother. Landscape mode works great.

Updating the MPC/TLE no longer crashes the program. In the configuration it tells you it is connecting and then that the update was successful. However, when trying to display the objects in skyview it tells you MPC is not loaded, please updaye MPC/TLE.

Another issue, when you hide the interface, it hides it, but the buttons are still there, just hidden. They can still be pressed while trying to scroll or zoom.

I contacted the developer through the support site. Hopefully they will once again correct these issues quickly.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    haha +1 same deal here, just sent them an email. I've already talked to them once, so sent the mail direct to his inbox. Keep you posted on any replies.
    Got a reply from the dev, just trying a couple of things out and hopefully it works.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Please keep us updated. I haven't received replies either time I have sent them support requests through the website...

He sent me a message:
    Vincent Black to me
    show details 5:07 PM (1 hour ago)

Hello;

There is indeed a minor glitch.
    Quit the program and reload.
    The MPC will loaded.

I will prepare a fix for that.
    - Show quoted text -

So that's what I got at 17:07...tried his suggestion, even deleted and redownloaded, still nothing, and still waiting on a response. But at least we know that they know and hopefully they are working on it.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yea, I had tryed that also. Hopefully they get it fixed, it's a really great app even with the bugs.

Agreed, probably my favorite app to date out of all the apps I've aquired. Very simple interface, very clean look, a TON of information. I might even write up a review for it, I like it so much.

I checked their website http://www.realtech-vr.com/skyorb/ and their facebook page and no mention of anything other than v1.3.5 supposedly being THE fix. At least the landscape is working now.
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/12/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    I got this reply from realtech-vr:

SkyORB also commented on their status.

SkyORB wrote:
    "MPC/TLE is half' fixed. Just update, quit and restart the app. and the database will be here. An update is coming this week end, with more improvement for Palm Pre. It's on its way."
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Is it working for you, if you update and restart the app? I still get the same, update mcp/tle message.

I'm with you on this being one of my favorite apps, though.

haven't had a chance to try it out... Got a 5 hour drive ahead of me today but I will check it out later.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast