Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    My new app, Preware Homebrew Documentation (PHD), is now in the official app catalog.

Since 11 June 2009 (when I founded WebOS Internals and began architecting the Preware concept), I have put many, many, many hours into Preware, WebOS Internals, PreCentral, and the open standard homebrew ecosystem in general.

During that time, all donations to WebOS Internals have been used to purchase webOS development/test devices for WebOS Internals developers and to pay for the upkeep and running costs of the preware.org and webos-internals.org servers and homebrew package feeds.

I have a family to feed just like a lot of other developers here, and I've decided that the time has come for me to attempt to get a small personal financial return for the investment that I've put into the webOS community over the last 16 months.

So I have submitted this application to the paid app catalog, with an initial price point of $0.99 - I humbly request that you consider purchasing it.

Changelog:

1.1.1: (submitted to app catalog for review)
    Added overclocking information for the Palm Pixi/Pixi+ release of UberKernel.
    Added installation information for webOS 2.0 on the Pre 2.
    Noted that Terminal is not operational on webOS 2.0 yet.
    1.1.0: (currently released)
    Added a Changelog button to the Help scene.
    Noted that Developer Mode is only required to install Preware.
    Added official documentation and forum thread links for all sections.
    Added overclocking information for Palm Pixi/Pixi+ and Palm Pre 2.
    1.0.2:
    Improved topic loading code to give smoother transitions.
    Added some more troubleshooting hints for webOS Quick Install.
    Noted that Govnah does not need to be kept open.
    Added screenshots for the featured apps.
    Added a direct link to the PHD forum thread in the Help scene.
    Added webOS-related support sites to the Help scene.
    1.0.1:
    Fixed a couple of typos (thanks to everyone who reported them).
    Provided bit.ly links for all URLs destined for the desktop computer.
    1.0.0:
    Initial Release

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/23/2011 at 07:30 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I for one will buy it as 79p as most $0.99 apps seem to be is nothing in the scheme of things and fully support your wish to monetize some of your effort.

Thanks again for everything you and the other WebOS internals guys have done for the community.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Like Palm, idiots not so much? Visit MockTheAfflicted

twitter: @benfysh
    Thanks again for everything you and the other WebOS internals guys have done for the community.

+1
    I'm in, no problem. Thanks for all you and others have done. I wouldn't like my phone without homebrew, the people at WebOS Internals and others here at PreCentral.

I hope HPalm will step-up and support the homebrew scene, by providing and hosting a server in one of their data centers for you. Then you wouldn't have to worry about server costs and bandwidth cost.

Do you hear me, HP - Palm? HardBeatz please make it happen. It wouldn't cost you much but it would make a HUGE statement about your company and your commitment to your customers. That's a step that would put you above your competition.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/08/2010 at 04:10 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Thanks for the explanation. I'll definitely buy it. Thanks for all you've done Rod!
    As well as helping out a worthy webOS developer this app will help raise the profile of Homebrew and what it can do....this can only be a good thing.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My new app, Preware Homebrew Documentation (PHD), has been submitted to the official app catalog and is awaiting review.

Since 11 June 2009 (when I founded WebOS Internals and began architecting the Preware concept), I have put many, many, many hours into Preware, WebOS Internals, PreCentral, and the open standard homebrew ecosystem in general.

During that time, all donations to WebOS Internals have been used to purchase webOS development/test devices for WebOS Internals developers and to pay for the upkeep and running costs of the preware.org and webos-internals.org servers and homebrew package feeds.

I have a family to feed just like a lot of other developers here, and I've decided that the time has come for me to attempt to get a small personal financial return for the investment that I've put into the webOS community over the last 16 months.

So I have submitted this application to the paid app catalog, with an initial price point of $0.99 - I humbly request that you consider purchasing it when (hopefully) it is approved by Palm.

-- Rod
    WHAT?!? $0.99 for an app ...not FREE? ... j/k - will start saving the lunch allowance my wife gives me to help ya out.
    This app would definitely be worth the buck especially for people who havent ventured into homebrew as this would provide a means for them to read up on documentation in one spot. Hopefully it goes into some detail how to initiate the process for installing homebrew on a stock Pre including WOSQI, Dev mode, etc. Only way I am familiar with installing Preware at the moment, maybe there is an over the air method now?

Thanks again for the work to make homebrewing so easy for the rest of us. Also on a side note...in your screenshot the word "Personalise" is misspelled, should be "Personalize".

Can't wait, and hope they approve to show further support for homebrew like Palm has thus far.
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 10/08/2010 at 09:24 AM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    sdpluth likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Also on a side note...in your screenshot the word "Personalise" is misspelled, should be "Personalize".
    Not in the commonwealth...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Interesting...guess you learn something everyday.

DOH!, now my head hurts...time to go back to not thinking...

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    not in the commonwealth...
    lol
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Rod, I'll gladly purchase this to support the cause. This is not the "Homebrew How-to" app that surfaced in the App Catalog yesterday, right? That is someone else's app?

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    This is not the "Homebrew How-to" app that surfaced in the App Catalog yesterday, right? That is someone else's app?
    Rob
    Correct...different app.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I hope he creates a translation for all us dumb Americans.

Glad to see you finally put something into the app catalog Rod.
    I'll gladly donate to the app. Also if you need web hosting please let me know as I do own a web hosting company and Might just be able to lower your costs.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    When its there, I will buy.
    Thanks Rod and WebOS Internals!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I will purchase asap,very worthy cause,thankyou for making my phone very cool.
    Definitely buying this and telling my Pre-owning family members to do the same.
    I'll recommend to everyone to purchase it, simply to support your hard work and efforts.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm in, no problem. Thanks for all you and others have done. I wouldn't like my phone without homebrew, the people at WebOS Internals and others here at PreCentral.

I hope HPalm will step-up and support the homebrew scene, by providing and hosting a server in one of their data centers for you. Then you wouldn't have to worry about server costs and bandwidth cost.

Do you hear me, HP - Palm? HardBeatz please make it happen. It wouldn't cost you much but it would make a HUGE statement about your company and your commitment to your customers. That's a step that would put you above your competition.
    I have no control over that.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Just got it and it looks good but the links in the installing Preware section need to be spelled out so people can type them into their browser. Live links in the app won't help them.

Thanks Rod!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast