Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Great!

I'm not sure I personally really need this, but I immediately purchased it to support you and WebOS Internals.

I think I might have been the first to review it as well?

I'm glad, this should boost support for WebOS Internals and all the developers involved.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I have no control over that.
    You would be surprised at what can happen if you plant an idea as a seed. You must know someone who can make it happen
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    App purchased. Thank you, Rod and others who have turned my pre from a ho-hum phone into one I enjoy every day.
    Awesome! I would like to point out a potentially important type. On the first chapter, Installing Preware (Required), under Step 2 you have this written.

2.) Start Typing "webos2009006".... to enable Developer mode. The screenshot directly below it shows the correct spelling of "webos20090606", though.

I believe this may cause confusion for some users.
    Just bought it, but I wanted to know how problematic it would be to embed some sort of stub file that would initialize preware installation via shell script for the:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap
    sh preware-bootstrap

method of preware installation. I have seen a lot of times that people do not have a method if they have restored their phone to reinstall preware without a computer. dunno, just a thought
    Thanks WebOS Internals! Thanks to you I am starting a new hobby of messing with tech devices way more than I had ever thought I would!

Nice to have this app as quick reference!
    I see pandas.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Awesome! I would like to point out a potentially important type. On the first chapter, Installing Preware (Required), under Step 2 you have this written.

2.) Start Typing "webos2009006".... to enable Developer mode. The screenshot directly below it shows the correct spelling of "webos20090606", though.

I believe this may cause confusion for some users.
    Thanks - this has been corrected in v1.0.1, which has been submitted yesterday and is waiting for review.

Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Just bought it, but I wanted to know how problematic it would be to embed some sort of stub file that would initialize preware installation via shell script for the:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://bit.ly/preware-bootstrap
    sh preware-bootstrap

method of preware installation. I have seen a lot of times that people do not have a method if they have restored their phone to reinstall preware without a computer. dunno, just a thought
    Unfortunately, there is no way to embed a script that runs as root into an app catalog application. If there was, it would be a huge security vulnerability, because if a script can install Preware, it can also steal all your private information and send it off to a botnet.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Purchased it for my phone and my wife's phone. It was so funny, she was like "There's another Penguin icon on my phone and I don't know how to use it". I hid the icon on her phone by the way. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to webOS

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
  9.    #49  
    Version 1.0.1 is now in the app catalog. Expect 1.0.2 in the next couple of days.

I might even mention the possibility of Pixi overclocking in there ....

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thanks for adding the "spelled out" links for desktop use. Now I can send the "share" link to my less technical friends to use. It's great to be able to send them a straight forward recipe to follow.

One question. I know in most places precentral wants you to log in to download files. To download Quick Install will they need a precentral account? If so, you might want to add instructions for that. It's been so long since I HAVEN't been logged onto precentral that I can't remember.
  11.    #51  
    Version 1.0.2 has been submitted to Palm.

Changelog:
    Improved topic loading code to give smoother transitions.
    Added some more troubleshooting hints for webOS Quick Install.
    Noted that Govnah does not need to be kept open.
    Added screenshots for the featured apps.
    Added a direct link to the PHD forum thread in the Help scene.
    Added webOS-related support sites to the Help scene.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I bought this as soon as I saw it.

It's the least I can do. My only problem is it should cost more. Rod has given us so much!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Very well done Rod. I'm glad to see the word being spread about Homebrew, and there's nothing better than seeing it done by a reputable source.
    I finally purchased this today for my phone (been low on funds lately)

I'll also be donating a seperate amount toward the purchase of Pixi phones for further overclocking experiementation.

It's the least all us Pre homebrew addicts can do for those that have put sweat and blood into these awesome tools and utilities. Thank you!
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Res215dg View Post
    I finally purchased this today for my phone (been low on funds lately)

I'll also be donating a seperate amount toward the purchase of Pixi phones for further overclocking experiementation.

It's the least all us Pre homebrew addicts can do for those that have put sweat and blood into these awesome tools and utilities. Thank you!
    We've got all the Pixis we need now thanks. But we will be looking to purchase some Pre2 devices (assuming the rumours and leaks are correct) once they are announced and available for purchase.

-- Rod
  16.    #56  
    Version 1.1.1 has been submitted to Palm.

Changelog:
    Added overclocking information for the Palm Pixi/Pixi+ release of UberKernel.
    Added installation information for webOS 2.0 on the Pre 2.
    Noted that Terminal is not operational on webOS 2.0 yet.

-- Rod
  17.    #57  
    Here are promo codes for Preware Homebrew Documentation. There are 10 copies available through to the end of May for each code. Once the 10 copies for each code are used, the code is no longer useful.

Canada: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...f-de32e1292860
    France: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...0-ac983dba4563
    Germany: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...1-64de7d85edc3
    Ireland: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...a-bf15942f04d3
    Mexico: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...2-ff66d2007126
    Spain: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...6-2334e34358c4
    UK: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...a-9efec5890c06

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/28/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    Is there an 'HD' version available for the TouchPad?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    Is there an 'HD' version available for the TouchPad?
    Yes, I submitted it to the app catalog two days ago - just waiting for it to be approved and published by the app review team at HP.

It has the same appid, so is an automatic free upgrade for current owners of PHD which works on both phones and tablets (a multiple-platform package).

-- Rod
    Good to know. Just purchased this. Hopefully, we'll get the HD version soon
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast