1.    #1  
    What is the best Free Twitter App for WebOS

I have just recently started tweeting again and am looking for the best Free Twitter application. I saw a handful in the app catalog but I dont want to try them all to find the best.

Please list your favorite free Twitter app(s) and how they are better than others.

thanks
    I think Spaz is the only contender in the free arena.

But if twitter is that important to you, shell out the cash. Its worth it. Or keep eye out for sales. (there is a sales app out there to do that for you).

Only reason why no more free apps is because the new oath login is not worth them maintaining those version....i think i read that is there reason.

But SPAZ is very suitable. I like it for when i'm not using Bad Kitty.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Spaz is good. I agree that Bad Kitty is definitely worth the couple dollars (or whatever it's going for these days). Its speed and elegance are second to none.
    Spaz is probably the best free one. But you should buy TweetMe. It's only a couple of bucks & is hands down the best Twitter client for WebOS. It has the cleanest UI of all the Twitter apps and I've tried 'bout all of them. Worth every penny.
    badkitty is the best, tweet me has a nicer UI but can't do multiple accounts and the devs gone awol
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    badkitty is the best, tweet me has a nicer UI but can't do multiple accounts and the devs gone awol
    Basically, although BK's UI has gotten better...it could use color differentiation imo and some nav shortcuts, but TweetMe is basically DOA right now, in need of an update, and I'm not tied to the iPhone interface (although the quick nav is nice).

Spaz is what you get for free, I'm not a fan, but there you go. For paid, I say BK as the dev actually communicates...more than I can say for a few others. Twee is good, too.

ETA: Yak Free is also out. I would try that, it's a nicer look than Spaz..srsly, that app's UI kinda hurts the eyes.
    man, so much love for bad kitty. I can't get into it. it's certainly nice, but the look seems kinda... not fluid. I'd let it slide because it's pretty quick, and the text countdown I love... but I just can't let tweed go because of the timeline marker feature.
    I never actually need to save my place in a timeline, just start at the last tweet and favorite, the first of which Tweed does not do. Makes it pretty unusable for me (the crap nav is another reason, argh, really need to finish that app review).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I never actually need to save my place in a timeline, just start at the last tweet and favorite, the first of which Tweed does not do. Makes it pretty unusable for me (the crap nav is another reason, argh, really need to finish that app review).
    why is the navigation crap?
    Well, basically, every single thing has to be navigated from my the top button in the upper right which is problematic for a few reasons:

1) The button is small and I frequently bring down the system menu instead.
    2) The button is at the top and as I'm using twitter (and most likely typing or having typed a tweet or used quick search to launch Tweed...so mostly likely the keyboard is open), which means it's further to reach than if the menu were at the bottom. Further, I think some options should naturally flow back to your timeline with a backswipe or you have one touch access to your timeline - if I go looking at bookmarks or favorites or mentions, I can't backswipe back to my timeline. I have to go through the stupid menu. Which brings me to my next problem - they could at least map the backswipe to the nav menu, which TweetMe does beautifully. It has an excellent menu system and an easy way to bring it up (backswipe or touch the icon....at the bottom), Tweed is basically its opposite in every way.
    3) The Quick Menu is a hinderance because it has no set size or placement - things are determined based on how much stuff is in the tweet. Personally, I prefer the single tweet view because everything's in one spot.
    4) If you turn the font size on small, Tweed removes the user's profile icon to compensate. Which is great, except the profile icon is how you get to a user's profile, so if you then want to go to that person's profile, you have to change the font size or use the GoTo user option to pull up the user.
    5) And this has nothing to do with navigation, but it's another gripe for me which is: it does not sync its searches with Twitter!!!! They are freaking confined to Tweed, which means if you search on Twitter or another app that does sync, it won't show up on Tweed and vice versa.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    i use twee. works well enough and got it on special at $.99. thinking of checking out Bad Kitty as well cause a palm rep gave me $25 app gift card!
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, basically, every single thing has to be navigated from my the top button in the upper right which is problematic for a few reasons:

1) The button is small and I frequently bring down the system menu instead.
    2) The button is at the top and as I'm using twitter (and most likely typing or having typed a tweet or used quick search to launch Tweed...so mostly likely the keyboard is open), which means it's further to reach than if the menu were at the bottom. Further, I think some options should naturally flow back to your timeline with a backswipe or you have one touch access to your timeline - if I go looking at bookmarks or favorites or mentions, I can't backswipe back to my timeline. I have to go through the stupid menu. Which brings me to my next problem - they could at least map the backswipe to the nav menu, which TweetMe does beautifully. It has an excellent menu system and an easy way to bring it up (backswipe or touch the icon....at the bottom), Tweed is basically its opposite in every way.
    3) The Quick Menu is a hinderance because it has no set size or placement - things are determined based on how much stuff is in the tweet. Personally, I prefer the single tweet view because everything's in one spot.
    4) If you turn the font size on small, Tweed removes the user's profile icon to compensate. Which is great, except the profile icon is how you get to a user's profile, so if you then want to go to that person's profile, you have to change the font size or use the GoTo user option to pull up the user.
    5) And this has nothing to do with navigation, but it's another gripe for me which is: it does not sync its searches with Twitter!!!! They are freaking confined to Tweed, which means if you search on Twitter or another app that does sync, it won't show up on Tweed and vice versa.
    ah yeah, some of the things you mention are annoying. I don't go outside the timeline enough for it to be an issue for me personally, but I see where it doesn't work for you. My thing is I keep coming back to it because of the bookmark. I can come back exactly to where i left off. I don't always go through everythign because at times there will be a flood of info.

though, I would argue twitter needs to implement an API for this, it's really annoying to use the web and not being able to jump where i left off