1.    #1  
    Has anyone had their phone die due to overclocking? Is it true it voids the warranty? I am getting a new Pre tomorrow and I was thinking of bumping it up but if it voids the warranty why would I overclock unless there was nothing to lose?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    It DOES void the warranty. I have had my Pre overclocked for months without issue except that it's a much better device to use. I would be curious to know if anyone's Pre died due to overclocking. I would GUESS that Palm has such a glut of Pre's that they wouldn't care.
    There was a poll here recently and the results showed that most people loved the overclock. There have not been any reports (that I know of) about overclocking frying a phone.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I don't think it's even possible to brick your device.. Void warranty ~ Yes! Any problems of getting your phone fix..if anything happens = None.
    I will post this again, twice today in 2 threads.....<end rant> (you WILL get the hang of searching up a topic before posting and BTW, these aren't the droids you are looking for, and we can go about our business )

So without further adieu, HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!

From my own personal experience, the only thing I regretted about overclocking was not doing it sooner.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I will post this again, twice today in 2 threads.....<end rant> (you WILL get the hang of searching up a topic before posting and BTW, these aren't the droids you are looking for, and we can go about our business )

So without further adieu, HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!

From my own personal experience, the only thing I regretted about overclocking was not doing it sooner.
    Searching on Precentral forums is all but worthless. So until they get a real search function, your point is as worthless. People whining because someone posted a duplicate thread from a month ago is far more annoying than the duplicate thread itself. Either give something useful or just ignore the thread if it bothers you. Is that so hard???
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Searching on Precentral forums is all but worthless. So until they get a real search function, your point is as worthless. People whining because someone posted a duplicate thread from a month ago is far more annoying than the duplicate thread itself. Either give something useful or just ignore the thread if it bothers you. Is that so hard???
    Looks like he did post something useful... lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8.    #8  
    I did a search. I am very glad to hear no one's phones have been bricked. I am getting happier by the day with the decision I made. Sometimes a little justification goes a long way.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Easy there big guns, re-read my post....notice the smileys....notice the tongue in cheek these aren't the droids you're looking for, it wasn't a mean post by any standards, so cool it. Also notice, I reposted for the OP, the link. Sheesh.

And for your benefit and others I will even provide a better search link that was given to me by HelloNNNewman : here it is:http://www.google.com/advanced_searc...precentral.net
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    2 pres @ 1Ghz. no problems
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Easy there big guns, re-read my post....notice the smileys....notice the tongue in cheek these aren't the droids you're looking for, it wasn't a mean post by any standards, so cool it. Also notice, I reposted for the OP, the link. Sheesh.

And for your benefit and others I will even provide a better search link that was given to me by HelloNNNewman : here it is:http://www.google.com/advanced_searc...precentral.net
    Sorry I just get annoyed with people who reply with "go search". I may have overreacted and mistaken the smileys as being a smart**uh-hum*** smarty pants. Thanks for search link. They really need to incorporate Google search into the forum search so people can easily search.