1.    #1  
    I remember a while back the last time I looked into it there was an issue with the Palm Facebook app where you basically *had* to include all your Facebook contacts through synergy into your phone's contacts. I never installed it as a result, because I really don't have any desire to have all those contacts on my phone. I haven't been able to find anything definitive on whether this has changed by now. Can anyone confirm is this is still the case?

Thanks!
    all you got to do is go to yr contacts app and remove the facebook account that's all. It will take all fb contacts out. Enjoy
    contact app,drop down,prefernces,accounts,facebook,remove,done.
  4.    #4  
    Excellent! So I downloaded the app but I'm getting a java exception when trying to sign in. Any thoughts on that one for me before I do a search?
    try doing a reboot,then try to sign in again.,,,first go to web browser,drop down,prefernces,,make sure java script is enabled
  6.    #6  
    Hmm. No luck on the reboot, javascript already enabled. The full error says "Service Error. An error occurred requesting service palm://com.palm.facebook. Error Message: Service Method Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"
    got me stumpe,,i would delete app,,reboot phone then install again. If that does not work then it is beyond my ability to help ya.before reboot,for the hell of it,,in web browser prefs,,clear cookies,cache,and history
    I would encourage you to consider re-adding the facebook profile and simply importing all contacts. There are a couple reasons for this.

1.) Even though you may never need to contact many of them, it makes it well worth it to have an extra few for that time your on the go and you really need to contact someone you just happen to be facebook friends with.

2.) It really adds no negative effects. The amount of space the contacts take up is very small, and unless your have a ridiculous number of friends it shouldn't be an issue.

3.) The contacts app is useless, never use it to find information, instead simply start typing the name of the person you are trying to contact, it's much much faster, very convenient, and you never have to see those 50+ contacts you never use.