1.    #1  
    Is there an app available for WebOS that locks down certain apps by forcing you to enter a password in order to run the app? For android there are apps like App Protector and App Safe that lets you do that. Is there a similar app for WebOS?

I'm wanting to lock down the web browser and YouTube so that my kids can't open them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nskousen View Post
    Is there an app available for WebOS that locks down certain apps by forcing you to enter a password in order to run the app? For android there are apps like App Protector and App Safe that lets you do that. Is there a similar app for WebOS?

I'm wanting to lock down the web browser and YouTube so that my kids can't open them.
    You might wanna check out the app catalog.. I personally don't know of such an app ~ I could be wrong. Why don't you turn data off, or turn on Airplane mode on when they're using the phone. No data no internet access. (Tap at the top of the screen right at the clock section.)
    No data, no anything, not the best option. My guess is that if the OP only wanted dumb phone features he wouldn't have bought the kids a smartphone?

Restricting app access to follow parenting ideals has been touched on now and again....usually resulting in a flame war unfortunately.

I'm verily certain that there is no app like this available yet. You can hide the app icons but this could be easily circumvented by your children.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...auncher-2.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    sounds to me like they are borrowing his phone.

In my case it isn't an issue because I bought angry birds. Now they don't care about the web or youtube, they just want to play AB all the time.

that is killing my battery.
    There's no way to do that with an official app. However I imagine a patch could be made to accomplish this feat.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    A password app is the only way this will be done effectively (unless you children figuer out your password).

Going to airplane mode is very easily overcome, probably the easiest thing to do. Same thing with patches hiding the apps.

Perhaps an enterprising app developer will take up your cause...