Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lol
    Just as a footnote to this thread, I noticed that Rod Whitby has a "how to homebrew" app in the catalog now as well, also priced at $0.99.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Just as a footnote to this thread, I noticed that Rod Whitby has a "how to homebrew" app in the catalog now as well, also priced at $0.99.
    I just noticed it today as well and I will definitely be buying it. I had no prior knowledge that he was releasing that, and I will always support the man and webOS Internals, they literally founded everything my app tells you how to do. I think his app is more of EVERYTHING though and mine is more of an entry level guide for beginners. I don't have the app yet but from what I can tell it might be a bit overwhelming for beginners. Anyway, I will keep updating my app on an almost daily basis until I run out of ideas.

The website "profiles" I'd like to add spotlight the 3 websites and have an overview about them. They're kind of an easy way to get into reading these sites and getting yourself acquainted with everything Pre.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I've noticed other members here that got their name changed. Try PM'ing Berd or Dieter. I'm sure they have that kind of power.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    I just noticed it today as well and I will definitely be buying it. I had no prior knowledge that he was releasing that, and I will always support the man and webOS Internals, they literally founded everything my app tells you how to do.
    I have just purchased your app, and given it a positive review.

The more exposure for homebrew in the app catalog, the better.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have just purchased your app, and given it a positive review.

The more exposure for homebrew in the app catalog, the better.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, it means a great deal to me. Had I known you were going to release a similar app I would've ceased development of mine.

I've of course purchased your app and of course given it 5 stars, although it doesn't need it!
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    Thanks Rod, it means a great deal to me. Had I known you were going to release a similar app I would've ceased development of mine.
    There is plenty of information about homebrew that needs to get out there - so I think there's definitely enough for more than one app to handle, and multiple viewpoints on things is always good to have.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Well I see you have at least one rude, ignorant reviewer.

Bummer....
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There is plenty of information about homebrew that needs to get out there - so I think there's definitely enough for more than one app to handle, and multiple viewpoints on things is always good to have.

-- Rod
    Thanks man, I'll always support all your work and I'll continue to donate to webOS Internals.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Well I see you have at least one rude, ignorant reviewer.

Bummer....
    Yes and it had to be the first reviewer too. Hopefully Palm removes it for its profanity soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Somehow, it seems wrong to charge for this. I would have thought it would be free with a donation button. Course, it could just be late at night and I'm cranky
    I feel I need to appologize for what seems to have been taken as a bit of a smart-alec comment. I was of two minds about the issue (still sort of am). On one hand the info was freely given by others so it seemed sort of wrong to be charging for it. But on the other hand, you DID expend effort and skill to organize it and disseminate it in a useful manner. Of course it's fair to ask for recompense for that effort.

Sometimes it's difficult to assess value to open, "free" information. It's such a grey feeling area.

I DO appreciate your effort and have bought both yours and Rod's apps and recommend both to friends previously lacking the knowledge to perform these tasks. Plus they save me the effort to go to their house & do it FOR them - now they LEARN. Makes a big difference in my time - I seem to be one of those rare critters with lots of friends who decided (AND don't regret) to get Pres
    Quote Originally Posted by BdotR View Post
    Yes and it had to be the first reviewer too. Hopefully Palm removes it for its profanity soon.
    Still there last time I checked.

Congrats on your new forum name, btw.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12