1.    #1  
    Does anyone know under the hood how are apps are filtered between the Pixi and Pre?

Reason I'm asking is I'm somewhat tempted to get an AT&T Pixi Plus to play with, since I'm going down to the States in about a week or so, and in the event I do, want to see which catalog I should activate, Canadian or US. Since the Pre is official in Canada, I've confirmed already the Pre Plus will get the Canadian catalog if activated in Canada.

If it's taking the Canadian catalog then filtering out apps that can't run on the Pixi then I think it's fine, otherwise I'll need to activate with a US catalog.

TIA
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2.    #2  
    Bump? Anyone? Internals?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

there is an app that lets you filter. it's called UberAppCat. Have you tried that? not sure if it can filter on a parameter like pixi only.

also, you can visit the palm app pages on palm.com and see which apps are pre-only. it requires some digging, but that info is posted with each app.
  4.    #4  
    UberAppCat didn't work, allowed CA only but no Pixi filter.

Palm's official site didn't have Pixi because Pixi's not sold in Canada.