1.    #1  
    Ok kind of a question specifically for the developer but also for others that might be in the know. I bought Hockey Live, the closest update on a score I can get is roughly 30 seconds, according to what is televised, which also has a bit of a delay, guessing 10-15 seconds. So real time, 45 second delay. Would it be possible to somehow work it out so that something, somewhere can push the score out to the app in REAL time? I can have pretty much instant updates on my computer for the score. It says in your other app MLB Live that it has live positions of players on base, that changes a lot more than the score in hockey. I really think (and at this point of the game, what does battery life mean anymore? especially with the option of scaling it back to whatever you want) having that alarm go off on my phone at the same time(or even before) it is televised would surely make it that much better than it already is. I have my favorite team set as Calgary, and my alarm sound for the goal is the same that is in the 'Dome, would be cool to hear them both at the same time. Also, one more alarm for if your favorite team wins would make it pretty cool too.

EDIT (1 minute later)
    Well that's funny, that alarm just went off (for favorite team winning) almost a minute after. That's about my only complaint with the app, 4 stars for now, but so SO close to 5 (just got to figure how to do that, get that alarm time to exact, even 2 seconds wouldn't sway me at this point, sorry to be a hardass but 5 stars in my mind, means flawless)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Ok kind of a question specifically for the developer but also for others that might be in the know. I bought Hockey Live, the closest update on a score I can get is roughly 30 seconds, according to what is televised, which also has a bit of a delay, guessing 10-15 seconds. So real time, 45 second delay. Would it be possible to somehow work it out so that something, somewhere can push the score out to the app in REAL time? I can have pretty much instant updates on my computer for the score. It says in your other app MLB Live that it has live positions of players on base, that changes a lot more than the score in hockey. I really think (and at this point of the game, what does battery life mean anymore? especially with the option of scaling it back to whatever you want) having that alarm go off on my phone at the same time(or even before) it is televised would surely make it that much better than it already is. I have my favorite team set as Calgary, and my alarm sound for the goal is the same that is in the 'Dome, would be cool to hear them both at the same time. Also, one more alarm for if your favorite team wins would make it pretty cool too.

EDIT (1 minute later)
    Well that's funny, that alarm just went off (for favorite team winning) almost a minute after. That's about my only complaint with the app, 4 stars for now, but so SO close to 5 (just got to figure how to do that, get that alarm time to exact, even 2 seconds wouldn't sway me at this point, sorry to be a hardass but 5 stars in my mind, means flawless)
    We've been hoping that Palm will finally announce and release the Mojo Messaging Service, which would allow us to do exactly what you're asking for (pushing scores down to the phone). Not only will it result in more accurate and timely score updates, but it will also significantly improve battery life.

However, until that becomes available from Palm, I don't see this feature changing. I wish it could be better too, but we can't have the app continuously check for updates. It would kill our servers and also slow down your phone's Internet connection, causing delayed e-mail, etc.
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Ok....you heard the man PALM....now get to it!!!!!!

(thanks for the explanation, I will be forwarding that along to them later tonight)
  4.    #4  
    I sent an email to Palm.com feedback, and then I also sent another letter to Cathie Lesjak, Interim CEO and Chief Financial Officer, Hewlett-Packard Company(HP.com):

Dear Ms. Lesjak,

I am writing to you in a request to review (or have reviewed) what the plan is for Palm's release this Mojo Messenging Service. I will include at the bottom an excerpt out of a Pre|Central.net(also a cc at the beginning of what I wrote to Palm), and why this is so important to us users. I strongly feel that this will change the scope of apps that can be produced, and that if such a thing were possible, would not the fact of having REALLY GOOD apps, bring in more customers, more customers would bring in more apps, the endless cycle goes on and on.

Thanks for taking the time to look this over, and if this got sent to the wrong person, maybe you might know who would more appropriately be able to take a look at this for us(the webOS community).

<Palm email>
    I am known as Sledge007 on Pre|Central.net. I started this thread at this URL:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ckey-live.html

The bottom line is, we NEED that Mojo Messenger Service, and we need it NOW! Think about it, something like that, to have a simultaneous notification of a hockey goal, see it on tv, hear it on my phone.... That would be a golden app, and I'm sure there are many other uses for that service. That would be a HUGE step forward in the way of actual useful applications, really, who needs 15 fart factory apps??? I will be copying this request to you Palm, and forwarding it to HP, to every single person I feel will take a good hard look and hopefully see the value that I do and make some steps forward. Thanks for your time, and hope you see the light soon

<excerpt from Pre|Central.net>
    sledge007
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to sledge007
    Find More Posts by sledge007
    Add sledge007 to Your Contacts

09/29/2010, 12:15 PM #2 (permalink)
    MoreSolutions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sledge007

EDIT (1 minute later)
    Well that's funny, that alarm just went off (for favorite team winning) almost a minute after. That's about my only complaint with the app, 4 stars for now, but so SO close to 5 (just got to figure how to do that, get that alarm time to exact, even 2 seconds wouldn't sway me at this point, sorry to be a hardass but 5 stars in my mind, means flawless) <end my post to developer>

<reply from developer>
    We've been hoping that Palm will finally announce and release the Mojo Messaging Service, which would allow us to do exactly what you're asking for (pushing scores down to the phone). Not only will it result in more accurate and timely score updates, but it will also significantly improve battery life.

However, until that becomes available from Palm, I don't see this feature changing. I wish it could be better too, but we can't have the app continuously check for updates. It would kill our servers and also slow down your phone's Internet connection, causing delayed e-mail, etc.

Follow us on Twitter @SportsLiveApps or @MoreStocks

I don't know who else I could send it to, but if you or anyone else out there knows some key figures, I'd be happy to send them some copies as well
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel