1.    #1  
    So I've written Mech Invasion and have it in the app catalog and I'm looking for feedback other ideasl. It's a free tower defense game that I think is already quite fun, but I'm looking for ideas to really take it to the next level.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by twivel; 09/28/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    downloaded will let you know, thanks for making it free
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    dude, this is such a great game. I emailed you about a bug but im not sure if you got it.

when you die in the game if you tap Help, and then hit the mech invasion logo uptop youre given the option of playing and the game carries on as if nothing has happened. I checked this on level 11 (its the only way I could beat it, haha).

as far as ideas, im not too sure. :|
    I've played your Tower Defense game previous and it simply never caught on. Don't get me wrong, your game actually works quite well, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I do find it better then the other webOS TD games that require scrolling (used to love an old game called Warfare, Inc on my Zodiac 2...so that type of scrolling worked), but timing games with a lot of scrolling are to complicated for me. What it is missing for me mostly with your game relates to your concept (TD tank games are getting old) and simply better graphics and sound.

Yes I know, another critic and everyone wants more, but for example, my favorite TD game has always been: Asus Motherboard Mayhem.

I've beat the game many times, but I love it and always come back for one more round to see if I can better my score. The graphics and concept are spot on and I'd love to see similar on webOS. I'm a web developer with experience in graphics design, but have very little knowledge on how Asus Motherboard Mayhem was created using Flash or for that matter how Mech Invasion was even done using the SDK and or PDK. Something like this may not be possible on the webOS and small screen form factor, but it can't hurt to ask and maybe something like this would be more interesting if you are looking for inspiration.

Either way, keep up the great work and it will pay off, Sorli...
    "How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War?" ~ WOPR
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    "How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War?" ~ WOPR
    Wow...that brings back memories and your showing your age.

Either way, that would be a great game - War Games for those who don't remember. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I do find it better then the other webOS TD games that require scrolling (used to love an old game called Warfare, Inc on my Zodiac 2...so that type of scrolling worked), but timing games with a lot of scrolling are to complicated for me.
    I have to try Mech Invasion. Sounds good.

BTW- i still play Warfare,Inc, on my Pre, using Classic. It works great! You can even minimize Classic, and still see the little people and vehicles moving around and fighting.
    Last edited by ka1; 09/30/2010 at 09:03 AM.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I can't get past level 10 - Heavy Armor, it's been many hours over many days. Can anyone who has beaten it please PM me a strategy or walkthrough? About the best I can do is destroying all but one of Wave 1.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Why is Mech Invasion no longer available in the App Catalog? I really want to try it out.