1.    #1  
    Does the WebOS browser not support increase/decrease text size commands?? (like FireFox, IE, every other browser I know....)
    cue the ' there's a patch for that'.... Check preware patches, can't recall exact name off the top of my head (or maybe I can?) reduce font size 10px or something like that?
  3.    #3  
    Ummm, I didn't mean permanently - I meant dynamically. As in "press Sym and '+' to increase text size", etc. So far, almost every website I've visited has been unreadable. Yes, you can 'pinch-to-zoom' but then you're back to trying to read the New York Times through a toilet paper roll.

I'm guessing that the answer is 'no', I'm just finding it hard to believe....
    Sorry thats an Android thing.
  5.    #5  
    Aren't both browsers built on a common Webkit codebase?
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaus View Post
    Aren't both browsers built on a common Webkit codebase?
    That may be true but android browsers has text reflow with the ability to adjust text size to fit the screen as you zoom in and out and you can also adjust text in the setting from small, normal and large...no panning back in forth to read like the Pre.
    Last edited by kinster02; 09/29/2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    One of the main reasons I use the Camino browser on MacOS is that is the only browser I am aware of that supports dynamic text re-sizing. This is even more important for a small screen phone.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  8.    #8  
    Well, there's another little 'wish-list' item for hp..........
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Turning the pre to landscape increases the size of text...
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    Turning the pre to landscape increases the size of text...
    It does, but not by all that much.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think it increases it enough when you turn it to landscape. But having the text re-size and fit the screen like the android would be nice!