1.    #1  
    I have one app that needs to be updated (according to Preware), but when I use the above workaround to display my list of apps & tap on it I get the message:

"This application is not available for your model."

What would cause this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have one app that needs to be updated (according to Preware), but when I use the above workaround to display my list of apps & tap on it I get the message:

"This application is not available for your model."

What would cause this?
    can you tell us what the app is?

also, you might try deleting it from your Pre and then installing it again...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    No-Nonsense Weather does that for me. I installed it yesterday, tried to update it today ("This app is not available for your model"), and after uninstalling it, I can't reinstall it (same error message).
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
    No-Nonsense Weather does that for me. I installed it yesterday, tried to update it today ("This app is not available for your model"), and after uninstalling it, I can't reinstall it (same error message).
    I don't even see that in the app catalog. is that an official US app?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't even see that in the app catalog. is that an official US app?
    Yes, by Scott Bradford Creative Entertainment. Free, 4.5 stars at the moment. Had to search 3 times to get past the yellow triangle.
    lol it's all good. you are among friends!
    It was not so bad meant as it may have sound.
    EDIT: I have the same problem. Use preware for updates.
    i found it, and it says the same for me even if I access it through the palm feeds. I'm going to try getting it from the palm web page if I can find it...
    Yes, by Scott Bradford Creative Entertainment. Free, 4.5 stars at the moment. Had to search 3 times to get past the yellow triangle.
    I just tried this too:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

I think there might be something wrong with the app. have you contacted the dev to check on that?

it would be great if someone with an un-patched pre could try it...
    I have been having the same problem and thinking I was alone I started doing a bit of research

my /var/log/message log says that I have an app it can't find

there is ONE app that I have installed, can't find it in preware or palm app cat.
    Dead Pixel Fixer 1.3.0

It's the ONLY app that I can't go in and manually update(if you go in "your apps" and click one fast enough, you can "back" and see your app list without the triangle popping up.) That way I managed to update my apps and delete a few.

Still DPF 1.3.0 is the only one that is giving me a yellow triangle.

I hope this helps...

PS: I think screen shots of the log files if someone more knowledgeable of the case wants to take a look
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just tried this too:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

I think there might be something wrong with the app. have you contacted the dev to check on that?

it would be great if someone with an un-patched pre could try it...
    ROFL... catalog now says Pixi only and I have a Pre. Nevermind. App author error.
    Hardbeatz just pointed out that the Palm site says this app is for the Pixi. Is that possible? It would sure explain the message.

I didn't think there were any pixi-specific apps, but that's what the app page says on the link I posted above...
    ROFL... catalog now says Pixi only and I have a Pre. Nevermind. App author error.
    is it possible to be Pixi-only? Is that something he plans to fix? Totally bizarre. I think you have the first instance of this particular problem, so we should name it after you.
    Yes, when submitting an app you can check off what phones it is for (Pre and/or Pixi). So it could just be an error on the part of the dev for not checking both.
  14.    #14  
    can you tell us what the app is?

also, you might try deleting it from your Pre and then installing it again...
    Been away from the forums for a day or so...

Yes, the app in question was No-Nonsense Weather. Whatever the issue was it must have been fixed by the developer, I was able to update successfully this morning.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)