Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Found this that was posted very recently on a Chinese forum.

    Some coder ported a working version of Rockbox for webOS. Download the ipk here:
    http://www.echoice.com.cn/bbs/attach...d&t=1285648905

    After installing the ipk via WOSQI, go into USB mode and unpack the following rar file into the the root folder of your Pre:
    http://www.echoice.com.cn/bbs/attach...9&t=1285648905

    Basically, you should have a .rockbox folder in root with the necessary files for the ipk to work.

    This Rockbox app is susceptible to the fstab issue, so please apply the fix available here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-update.html

    if you've installed it all correctly, the app will work nicely. It can access the USB folder of your Pre, so music files can pretty much be placed anywhere.

    Also, the default language is Chinese (simplified). To change it to English,

    Select the 4th option from main menu
    then 3rd option
    then 7th option
    then select English (or whatever language you desire)

    Controls:
    W - up
    S - down
    A - left/previous menu
    D - right/select menu option
    Spacebar - Select
    M - main menu
    Backspace - previous menu
    Enter - Pause


    Haven't fully explored this yet. I take no credit whatsoever. The original post can be found here:
    http://www.echoice.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=169671


    Now that I'm taking this across here to Precentral, could some of our beloved Internals team further spruce this up?
  2.    #2  
    mods, can this thread be moved to "Homebrew Apps"? that's where it rightfully should be.
  3. #3  
    This is really cool. I have Rockbox on my iRiver H140 and 80gb ipod.
  4.    #4  
    I haven't tried playing other codecs yet. But if it's the Rockbox platform, it should support ogg and flac and the like ...
  5. #5  
    my flac files play on rockbox for the pre. now, if only they'd update it so that there's a touch interface instead of a keyboard one i'd be set.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by christcentric View Post
    Found this that was posted very recently on a Chinese forum.

    Some coder ported a working version of Rockbox for webOS. Download the ipk here:
    http://www.echoice.com.cn/bbs/attach...d&t=1285648905

    After installing the ipk via WOSQI, go into USB mode and unpack the following rar file into the the root folder of your Pre:
    http://www.echoice.com.cn/bbs/attach...9&t=1285648905

    Basically, you should have a .rockbox folder in root with the necessary files for the ipk to work.

    This Rockbox app is susceptible to the fstab issue, so please apply the fix available here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-update.html

    if you've installed it all correctly, the app will work nicely. It can access the USB folder of your Pre, so music files can pretty much be placed anywhere.

    Also, the default language is Chinese (simplified). To change it to English,

    Select the 4th option from main menu
    then 3rd option
    then 7th option
    then select English (or whatever language you desire)

    Controls:
    W - up
    S - down
    A - left/previous menu
    D - right/select menu option
    Spacebar - Select
    M - main menu
    Backspace - previous menu
    Enter - Pause


    Haven't fully explored this yet. I take no credit whatsoever. The original post can be found here:
    http://www.echoice.com.cn/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=169671


    Now that I'm taking this across here to Precentral, could some of our beloved Internals team further spruce this up?
    Those links are dead for me...
  7. #8  
    Anyone using this speak Chinese? Might be nice to ask them to post the source code + build instructions so other people can look at it.
  8. Boopop's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #9  
    Fantastic development, however the only problem I would find with this is that my iPod with rockbox on it has an 80GB hard disk, whilst the storage on my palm pre is a 10th of that. This wouldn't be problem if I wasn't using about 95% of the storage on my iPod! Still, it's a nice piece of work and hopefully someone can pick it up!
  9. #10  
    I used to have a H10 20GB with Rockbox I wrote a C# app for scrobbling the tracks you played while out and about with Rockbox, if the port does not have direct last.fm support you can use it to scrobble all your tracks when you get to a PC.

    if the port supports creating a .scrobbler.log file it may be useful for some :-)

    Logscrobbler
  10. #11  
    I hope they compile for ARM6 as well I have a pixi still :-( I want to play Doom in Rockbox :-)
  11. #12  
    Has anyone checked this package for cooties?
  12. #13  
    I know this thread is years old, but I thought it'd be worth seeing if anyone has any know-how on the topic.

    Rockbox still installs fine on webOS 2.x devices (have it running on my Pre 2 with 2.2.4). However the audio hangs when the screen is dimmed, or when you switch out of the card. Given RB's heritage this isn't all-too surprising, but the Maemo port manages to keep playback going when in the background. Is there an RB-specific setting that can be modified, or does the code need to be worked on? Alternately, is it just me?

    Lastly, there's been some rudimentary development in terms of porting RB to the TouchPad. The project can be found here: FS#12496 : RaaA WebOS, however no work has been done on it since February.
  13. #14  
    What does this do?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    What does this do?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Rockbox basically is a *nix based music player. It can often be installed next to the standard OS on MP3 players. Even on certain Apple products this is possible. I have it on my Cowon iAudio D2 next to it's native operating system.
  15. #16  
    It has a few significant benefits over the stock Music player as well:

    - FLAC/OGG support
    - CUE support
    - Gapless playback
    - ReplayGain (volume normalisation)
    - Very customisable EQ
    - Crossfade
    - Folder-tree navigation AND id3 tag database
  16. #17  
    I loved rockbox on my sansa e200, I don't think id want to mess with it right now
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by keflexxx View Post
    It has a few significant benefits over the stock Music player as well:

    - FLAC/OGG support
    - CUE support
    - Gapless playback
    - ReplayGain (volume normalisation)
    - Very customisable EQ
    - Crossfade
    - Folder-tree navigation AND id3 tag database
    OGG works fine on my Touchpad in the stock music player so how is that an advantage?
  18. #19  
    Ogg support wash't added until 3.0.4 and had some important bug fixes in 3.0.5

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    OGG works fine on my Touchpad in the stock music player so how is that an advantage?
    Firstly, there's everything else I mentioned.

    Secondly, do you really think the TouchPad is an ideal portable music device? I use mine as well (with AudiophileHD) but I'd really rather not.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions