View Poll Results: Are these HP apps legit?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep. They passed the App Catalog Review Process.

9 60.00%
  • Nope. Sucker...

2 13.33%
  • Who cares. Whare's the Top 100 80's Songs app?

4 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hewlett-Packard is showing up as the dev for a bunch of new apps in the catalog.

Could be a fraud...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 09/27/2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: added Pic
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    the developer link goes to nutsie and the support page goes to nutsie.

sounds bogus to me...
    Don't think this is a fraud. I don't think Palm would let the apps get through the approval process if it weren't true.
    we previously saw a bogus app for flash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    we previously saw a bogus app for flash...
    That was just in the beta or web feed. Palm doesn't review those, anyone with a developer account could submit an app there. These ones are actually in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    what apps?
    Top 100 __(genre here)__ Songs
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the developer link goes to nutsie and the support page goes to nutsie.

sounds bogus to me...
    HP owns nuTsie (check bottom of their page) so maybe legit...

Last edited by Mannyman; 09/27/2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: added image
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    I'd love to be wrong, but if the developer and support pages don't go to developer and support pages, that's certainly bad form, at least.
    Not fraud! HP had an internal employee devloper challenge awhile ago.

Been posted about several times!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11.    #11  
    Need to buy verwon girly luv songs app...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Not fraud! HP had an internal employee developer challenge awhile ago.

Been posted about several times!
    The internal HP challenge, or these specific apps have been posted about several times?
    Interesting and good to see them coming in...love new apps and more developers means good news heading our way. Sorli...
    I'm not sure if these are legit, but I would take the company name with a grain of salt. As a developer Palm allows you to use anything as your company name. So someone could easily make their company name Hewlett Packard.

We can't be 100% sure if the apps are legit or not. Sure they made it though the review process, but with the Hot Apps Contest going on right now it seems like hundreds of apps are created / updated every day. I could have been someone that was a little lazy and didn't do a complete check of the app.

Once again this could be legit or it may not be. I just wanted you guys to know that the company name isn't full proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    The internal HP challenge, or these specific apps have been posted about several times?
    Yup. They've been posted alot. And a while ago.
    Someone is buying them...so hopefully they post some reviews and get back with us on how they are and if they are good. Sorli...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Yup. They've been posted alot. And a while ago.
    Not sure what you're saying yup to...
    Yeah apparently these apps were available on ios and android before HP bought out Melodeo/Nutsie. Now we have them. Synergy!
    HP buys Melodeo, brings Nutsie music streaming service into the fold -- Engadget
    better write up on the possibilities in the future
    HP Goes NuTsie For Melodeo, Pays $30 Million For Music Streaming Service
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Not sure what you're saying yup to...
    The internal challenge.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast