Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    there´s been a while since we heard about hp people developing apps, more than 750...

when are they going to release them and what can we expect??

what do you think guys?
    []
    750? I'm seeing 3898 in the App Cat alone...
    I what he was referring to was, when HP bought Palm, there was an internal app competition, that HP employees were supposed to be coming up with new apps for the catalogue. I can't remember the guy, but do remember reading the article about it and whoever it was, they were talking about their inbox being full of new apps. I've seen a few HP branded apps but no where near the 750 that was mentioned.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    yeah I've only seen a few HP branded ones too, in the beta feeds. They're super basic also.

too bad we can't filter the app cat by developer.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    yeah I've only seen a few HP branded ones too, in the beta feeds. They're super basic also.

You can filter with Preware

And the guy was Phil McKinney

Pip
    Phil McKinney said there were 500 apps that would be released. You can expect them eventually.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post

Keep in mind that app developers can put anything as their business name. I can easily make my business name Hewlett Packard and release my app.

I can ensure you that the apps you saw in the beta feed are not created by HP.
    there are now hewlett-packard ones in the official app catalog.
    So, one month ago this article hit the front page of P|C: http://www.precentral.net/about-those-hp-developed-apps. My question is "Where are the apps?"

I haven't see any in the App Catalog, nor any more mention of these apps beyond this article.
    Quote Originally Posted by daxtah
    I'm an HP employee who participated in this WebOS App contest. The contest ended late June and phones were supposed to go out to employees at the end of July. However due to "procurement" issues, not a single Pre has gone out to any employee who submitted an application to this contest.

Many of us had high hopes to begin using Web OS in our daily lives by now and are left wondering if and when we'll ever receive our phone awards. While the intentions were admirable to train HP employees of WebOS and Ares development, a majority of the apps submitted are merely simple experimental things we churned out in the short amount of time we had (keep in mind we do have non-Palm related functions). Frankly, I'm not sure how many of us would still develop given the lack of follow-through on HP's promises.

I have been following WebOS since Palm debuted it at CES 2009 and was ecstatic to finally be able to own one through this company contest a year later. I amount this action up to HP/Palm tracking whatever remaining stock is left of the WebOS Pres to utilize for this purpose as a means of cost-effective "left-over" tact (most possibly to make room for the next WebOS handset).

I hope this comment gains visibility so that the community realizes that there has not been very much interaction between Palm and other HP organizations as one would assume thus far. And while WebOS survives a bit longer, HP has a lot to do and prove that this doesn't turn into another Voodoo.
    Hmmm, interesting. Seems HP is all talk within its own walls as well as with tech blogs.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Hmmm, interesting. Seems HP is all talk within its own walls as well as with tech blogs.
    Where did that quote come from -- that is really interesting. Is HP abandoning Palm internally? Let the smartphone market die on the vine and focus on using webOS on tablets and printers?
    look in the app catalog now...
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    look in the app catalog now...
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Where did that quote come from -- that is really interesting. Is HP abandoning Palm internally? Let the smartphone market die on the vine and focus on using webOS on tablets and printers?
    It's from the comments section of the article the OP linked.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    [QUOTE=Mannyman;2682856][URL]

Sorry but those aren't real HP apps. I don't understand how HP can let someone claim they are.
    [QUOTE=Mikey47;2683055]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    [URL]

Sorry but those aren't real HP apps. I don't understand how HP can let someone claim they are.
    And just how exactly do you know these aren't real hp apps?? Hmmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post

And just how exactly do you know these aren't real hp apps?? Hmmm?
    You're right, they "are" actually HP apps. They are from nuTsie (or whatever the heck the name is).

Would like to give HP a warm welcome to the App Catalog -- HP, the new Brighthouse Labs!! Set your blockers to "stun".

With innovation like this, Android better watch out!
    how are we able to confirm that they are or aren't legit?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast