1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm looking for a notes-type app that will allow you to create a shortcut to a specific note on the Launcher screen. I've looked through a bunch of apps, but I can't tell from the descriptions if they can do what I'm looking for.

Free is better, but I'm willing to pay if needed.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Haven't seen any that can do that. I've played with Fliq, Notes, Scratch, and of course the Memos app. No disrespect, but that seems like an odd request to me ... mixing notes in with apps on the Launcher page(s). What is it you're really trying to accomplish? Maybe you should consider something like reminders, or a way to prioritize the notes within the app itself (and just leave the app open)?
  3.    #3  
    What I really want to do is create a quick "In Case of Emergency" shortcut that will be easy to access if needed. I tried using a Contact, but if you put information in notes with hard returns, when you view (rather than editing), the information ends up looking like: Allergies:<br/>tetracycline<br/>amoxicillin<br/>. (Which is totally lame, what's the point of the notes field if you can't include hard returns without it looking ridiculous.)

I know there's an app for emergency info, but I wanted something that was dead-simple and could include just the information I needed on one screen with no need for clicking around. So I thought a note that could be included on the launcher would be perfect... if I could find an app that permits that.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Have you dabbled with patches? You could created an entire launcher page to ICE contacts, and label the page as such.

EDIT: If you have a company name in the company field, and you start typing that name, contacts will show up. Maybe you can put ICE in that contact field?
    Last edited by wushu2004; 09/24/2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: I had an epiphany.
    Ahh ... that makes sense. FWIW, the brackets in the Notes field is a bug that just showed up in 1.4.5. Should hopefully be fixed in the next release. I think adding an "Emergency" Contact as a Launcher icon is the way to go. If you use Google, you can even add custom tags to the phone numbers now.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    The following is kind of a round about way of doing it, but it is how I do it:

I created a .bmp picture (create the bit map to be the size of the screen) using the standard windows Paint program, and then put my vital information on it (I used a black background with white text, so that it stands out). Paint has a method of putting text into a picture, that is very simple to use. Save the file, then exchange the file type from .bmp to .jpg, again by using standard available programs.

I then use the Preware available program "Mode Switcher" to change my wallpaper to and from this picture. I have a "lock" mode that will set the device lock and change the wallpaper to my custom picture. Now if someone finds my phone, they will be unable to get into it since it is locked, and they will know how to return it to me (assuming they want to).

You could create a "In Case of Emergency" mode that could just switch the wallpaper to your picture.

Yes, the above is convoluted. But just think: you would also gain the benefit of having Mode Switcher on you phone!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Ahh ... that makes sense. FWIW, the brackets in the Notes field is a bug that just showed up in 1.4.5. Should hopefully be fixed in the next release. I think adding an "Emergency" Contact as a Launcher icon is the way to go. If you use Google, you can even add custom tags to the phone numbers now.
    Ah, okay. I didn't know it was a recent bug. Hopefully it will be fixed. I agree, I thought a contact icon was the best solution, I just couldn't believe how unreadable the Notes field was.