Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    _------ CURRENT UPDATE - EVERYTHING IS WORKING AND GOOD! -----------

Hey all,
    I just wanted everyone to know that office basketball (which is similar to paper toss and toss it) has completely re-done the controls and it seems like people REALLY like it alot more.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

If you tried it before PLEASE try it again and update your review if you think it's better! And if you have any comments/suggestions please add them here!

Thanks!
    Last edited by tacroy; 09/30/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    I got your PM, haven't had a chance to try it yet but will do so when I get time.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Awesome, thanks! Hope you like it.
    I don't want to sound like a ****, especially because I couldn't create anything better myself. I'm a huuuuge fan of paper toss. And your update has really made this game a lot more fun. But for some reason it feels a little off. I can't exactly put my finger on it.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Not sounding like an **** at all! I'm all for suggestions and criticism. I'm really just making it because I wanted to learn how and wanted a similar game myself. So please give feedback! And if you like it please review it in the catalog!

BTW, Just added score saving to my newest update. It's submitted to palm and I'll let you know when it's published.
    please keep improving this. Needs better graphics and sound...
    So I downloaded yesterday. Graphics can certainly improve but its fine. One of the issues I have is that there aren't any instructions on how one should "flick" the paper ball. The other issue I have is that I don't think that your app is using the gesture area back swipe feature. You should implement that for going back to the main menu.

Also, I don't know if you've played any of the NBA 2K series on Xbox 360, but when you're at the free throw line there are two arrows that come together when you've lined up the shot. Maybe you should consider some sort of indicator that allows the user to see that the shot is ready to aim or something like that.

The wind effects are all over the place. Maybe give the user the option to have steady (constant) wind speed or variable wind speed.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, just sent in an update to add score saving. Hopefully it gets approved quickly since lots of people were asking for it.

@Gaurav - Yeah, I'm still working on figuring out how to do sounds with the pdk. As for graphics, what are you thinking? More realistic, more cartoony? Right now its a photo with some effects applied but I'm open to whatever! One idea i had was to start unlocking things with streaks so the ball might catch on fire after 5 baskets or once you get 10 in a row you unlock a new stage or something.

@playboy - I TOTALLY didn't even think about instructions! Good call. As for the back area, this is the quick play version and really their ISN'T a main menu (since the only option is "start"). Once I make the version with more options (different background, difficulty, etc) I will certainly use the back gesture!
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    @Gaurav - Yeah, I'm still working on figuring out how to do sounds with the pdk. As for graphics, what are you thinking? More realistic, more cartoony? Right now its a photo with some effects applied but I'm open to whatever! One idea i had was to start unlocking things with streaks so the ball might catch on fire after 5 baskets or once you get 10 in a row you unlock a new stage or something.
    If your looking to do sound then I suggest looking at the app jewels, it was an open source project and I know that it uses sound. Maybe the source code could help you in implementing sound.

Oh an thanks for the game, have given it a pretty good review.

Pip
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, just to let you all know, the update with score saving has gone live in the catalog. Please post here and let me know if you have any issues with it.

@pip smith - Thanks! I'll check it out and thanks for the review! I got crushed with 0-1 star reviews with my first version so I'm digging out of a hole and appreciate every review I get!
    Tried the paper toss game & overall I like it.. a good mindless time-waster when you have a couple of spare minutes.

Can't say how it compares to the iPhone paper toss, as I have never played it. (Only had a co-worker show it to me on his phone).

My suggestions for improving the game:

* The "game" seems to go on forever or until you decide to quit. Would be nice to also have the option for a game of a set length (say 15 or 20 "throws").

* I would give 1 point if the paper wad "bounces" first before going in the can, 2 points if it goes directly in without bouncing. (So for 15 throws the best score would be 30, e.g.)

* Be able to set a difficulty level - "easy" would have wind speed from 1 to 3, "hard" 4 or 5.

* Graphics are fine as they are, and I really don't care about sound - but if sound is added, make sure it can be muted easily.

---
    If I think of anything else, I will post it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I updated to the latest version today and now the app won't launch. I've tried running garbage collectors and I've tried a reboot. Still no luck. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledsoxfan View Post
    I updated to the latest version today and now the app won't launch. I've tried running garbage collectors and I've tried a reboot. Still no luck. Any ideas?
    Same here. After the update, I start up the app then when I click to play it cuts off.
    The app runs and plays fine for me. I'm just lousy at it!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skatopias View Post
    Same here. After the update, I start up the app then when I click to play it cuts off.
    Same here. Game launches but closes immediately when clicking start.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Same here. Game launches but closes immediately when clicking start.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Tried the paper toss game & overall I like it.. a good mindless time-waster when you have a couple of spare minutes.

Can't say how it compares to the iPhone paper toss, as I have never played it. (Only had a co-worker show it to me on his phone).

My suggestions for improving the game:

* The "game" seems to go on forever or until you decide to quit. Would be nice to also have the option for a game of a set length (say 15 or 20 "throws").

* I would give 1 point if the paper wad "bounces" first before going in the can, 2 points if it goes directly in without bouncing. (So for 15 throws the best score would be 30, e.g.)

* Be able to set a difficulty level - "easy" would have wind speed from 1 to 3, "hard" 4 or 5.

* Graphics are fine as they are, and I really don't care about sound - but if sound is added, make sure it can be muted easily.

---
    If I think of anything else, I will post it.
    I like all of your suggestions. However, I would like to see another game option. I would add a timer feature so that the user can try to get as many shots made before the timer expires.

Also, add more office backgrounds, ex office setting with floor to ceiling windows.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I just downloaded and it won't load for me. The screen goes black and then disappears.
    Well the app WAS working fine, but installed an update this morning and now having the same problem as others - the intro screen loads, but as soon as I tap Start the app closes...
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,
    I found the problem on Friday, fixed it and pushed the update to palm friday mid-day. I am now just waiting on palm to accept the new update. I talked to Chuq (main app contact at palm) and he said he was going to try to expedite it.

So I'm VERY sorry for the problems, the fix is waiting on palm to release it.

If you would be so kind as to either hold off on reviews OR be sure to update your reviews when the new update is released.
    I would be greatfull since it is currently out of my hands and I'm doing all I can do!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast