Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have an update or know if it is really coming to the Pre?
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    What are you talking about?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I'd like to know too. Good keeps postponing the date. I know a lot of people uses Good instead of EAS. I used it on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I think this app needs webOS 2.0. Hybrid PDK for it's data encryption, synergy api for your contacts, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    What are you talking about?
    I guess OP is assuming everyone saw this:
    http://www.precentral.net/good-email...-webos-q3-2010

For the record I didn't but it bugged me like it did everyone else, so much so that I decided to research it. Hopefully this will prevent more people from scratching their heads.

Good whitepaper with WebOS:
    http://www.good.com/media/pdf/enterp...whitepaper.pdf
    Last edited by deesugar; 09/22/2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I don't have an answer, but Good flat out was terrible on Treo 700p and 700w. Too, slow, too many freeze ups, unreliable. Gotta say, though, that customer service was great. I sent them logs and they fixed a few things, just very slowly. Not sure I would ever go back. But having another webOS option is always Good, I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    I don't have an answer, but Good flat out was terrible on Treo 700p and 700w. Too, slow, too many freeze ups, unreliable. Gotta say, though, that customer service was great. I sent them logs and they fixed a few things, just very slowly. Not sure I would ever go back. But having another webOS option is always Good, I guess
    Having owned those devices, I know first hand they were awful without Good and froze up on their own.

Remember Treocentral's petition to have Palm fix all those issues with the 700P, yeah it was that bad:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...rt-letter.html

Engadget had wrote an open letter to Palm prior to Treocentral about the whole direction of the company. Those were the bad years:
    Dear Palm: It's time for an intervention -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Some of my coworkers have tested the Good client on iPhone and are fairly pleased with it. It would fill the gap of corporate data encryption which is a dealbreaker for many companies.
  9.    #9  
    it is quarter 3 isnt it?
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I had Good on my 700P and Centro and had no problems with it. So to each their own.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    it is quarter 3 isnt it?
    UHHH........... no!

Oct. is q4
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Stuff like this gets me apple envy. I WANT MY DAM GOODLink CLIENT DAMMIT..

Seriously, i am willing to spam good for week with requests if i know where to send them.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/15/2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: language
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    It's really a shame they haven't come out with this yet. My company uses mainly blackberries and for those people who have personal iPhones & Android devices, they are now rolling out Good. I would love to have this for webOS so I don't have to carry 2 devices (blackberry for work & pre for personal) but really doesn't seem like that's happening anytime soon. Maybe HP can nudge them...
  14.    #14  
    I called Good. They are in beta for webos
    ^ That is good news
  16.    #16  
    Anyone have an update regarding Good?
    see above...
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I think this app needs webOS 2.0. Hybrid PDK for it's data encryption, synergy api for your contacts, etc.
    I've been badgering folks at Good for a while, and the latest status on any version of the client for webOS, is that they won't even start re-evaluating it until December. This long conversation occurred in the beginning of October.

I will most certainly be getting back in touch with my contact the 1st week of December for an update.
    **feeling so left in the cold as a webOS user**
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    It appears my employer is re-evaluating Good software for our mobile devices. I received an invitations to begin testing the software. The invitation has instructions for webOS devices...but the software is nowhere to be found on the download page.

If I am forced to use the Good software, and the client for webOS is unavailable or requires webOS 2.x, I will be forced to purchase a competitor's device and leave HPalm and webOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast