View Poll Results: Rovio releasing 9 extra levels in Angry Birds Lite not in the paid app is...

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shady! They're just trying to win the free hot apps competition.

11 12.79%
  • Not Shady! They can do whatever they like.

46 53.49%
  • Who cares? I've got a fever and the only prescription is more Angry Birds!!

29 33.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    According to Rovio's Facebook page, Angry Birds Lite contains levels not in the full version because they were "late to the party."

I think it's a thinly veiled attempt to win the free section of the hot apps competition, as they're already winning the paid section. Anyone else think this is shady?

If so, what do we do about it?
    I suggest (1) not downloading the app and (2) perhaps a twitter protest requesting the new levels be added to the full version pronto.

Who else is with me? Any other suggestions?
    it's no worse than the people giving away 1500 dollars for everyone who download their app that does basically nothing . Lol which is worse ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have no problem with angry birds adding levels.

I have problems with the $1500 raffle app.
    Rovio is free to release whatever they like. A free game with previously unreleased levels sounds great to me.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Rovio is free to release whatever they like. A free game with previously unreleased levels sounds great to me.
    Of course they are. AT&T and Verizon are also free to not release 1.4.5 for the longest time.

I'm not saying whether they can or not... it's whether we should stand for it.

Personally, I just don't like their dishonesty. 'Because "we were a bit late to the party"' seems disingenuous to me.
    Dishonesty? How do you know that?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    it's better to give them the benefit of the doubt rather than accuse someone of lying because of the way it 'seems' to you.

it 'seems' to me they are not being dishonest. But it 'seems' to be that you are jumping to conclusions and you 'seem' to be suspicious rather than assuming the best in people.

so, my only issue is I'm not through all the paid levels yet, and more levels means even more time playing when I should be working. LOL.
    From the promotion guidelines:

All apps developed with Palm’s webOS PDK and made available through Palm app distribution mechanisms during the program period may be considered for the awards. You may receive only one $100,000 or $50,000 award; if one of your apps qualifies for either a $100,000 or $50,000 award in either the free or paid category, you may not receive any other $100,000 or $50,000 awards in either category. You may receive multiple awards for applications in the third and fourth tiers.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    From the promotion guidelines:

Quote:
    All apps developed with Palms webOS PDK and made available through Palm app distribution mechanisms during the program period may be considered for the awards. You may receive only one $100,000 or $50,000 award; if one of your apps qualifies for either a $100,000 or $50,000 award in either the free or paid category, you may not receive any other $100,000 or $50,000 awards in either category. You may receive multiple awards for applications in the third and fourth tiers.
    Well, that settles the issue. I'd say that they OP owes Rovio an apology and this thread should be closed, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, that settles the issue. I'd say that they OP owes Rovio an apology and this thread should be closed, IMHO.
    agreed
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    it's better to give them the benefit of the doubt rather than accuse someone of lying because of the way it 'seems' to you.

it 'seems' to me they are not being dishonest. But it 'seems' to be that you are jumping to conclusions and you 'seem' to be suspicious rather than assuming the best in people.

so, my only issue is I'm not through all the paid levels yet, and more levels means even more time playing when I should be working. LOL.
    It is my opinion and I'm not going to apologize for it. Your opinion is no more "right" than mine and I'm not asking you to apologize for it.

They can still get 3rd or 4th tier prize for the free app. I just think they should put the extra levels in the paid app. Why haven't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    It is my opinion and I'm not going to apologize for it. Your opinion is no more "right" than mine and I'm not asking you to apologize for it.

They can still get 3rd or 4th tier prize for the free app. I just think they should put the extra levels in the paid app. Why haven't they?
    If it finishes in the 3rd or 4th tier. I highly doubt a free version of Angry Birds will land in the 3rd or 4th tier. It's already jumped +162 spots to the 4th tier.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM

Well, they can't do what you originally accused them of, which is to WIN in both categories. I didn't attack anyone's integrity, but you did. How's that for a start?

i see you've already backed down to "smaller prizes" as your objection. compared to what they make on the paid game, those little prizes are a rounding error.

Why haven't they?
    maybe they will. why don't you ask them rather than sling mud at them?

if you are familiar with PC games, it's not uncommon for a free demo to have things that aren't in the paid version. it's also common to pay for add-on packs with more levels.

Switching to decaf might also be helpful.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    maybe they will. why don't you ask them rather than sling mud at them?
    Don't worry, I did... and before the original post. In fact, not only did I do it after they announced the extra levels in the Lite app, but over a week ago, I asked for the extra levels already in the iPhone app to be in the webOS app. Nary a response.

Do you owe me an apology for assuming the worst in me?
    Don't worry, I did... and before the original post. In fact, not only did I do it after they announced the extra levels in the Lite app, but over a week ago, I asked for the extra levels already in the iPhone app to be in the webOS app. Nary a response.

Do you owe me an apology for assuming the worst in me?
    I apologize for assuming you didn't ask. It was nice of you to leave that little detail out even when others asked.

I didn't challenge your honesty, I only questioned your method of expressing an opinion I consider misguided.

You should apologize for attacking the developer's integrity.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/22/2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I apologize for assuming you didn't ask. It was nice of you to leave that little detail out even when others asked.

I didn't challenge your honesty, I only questioned your method of expressing an opinion I consider misguided.

You should apologize for attacking the developer's integrity.
    So you're going with "we were late to the party." I'm not buying it. Maybe they want downloads of the Lite app to be higher so that it shows up in the Feature Apps in the App Catalog. Then those who are hesitant to buy it before they tried it could do so. This would lead to more sales.

That's a perfectly sound strategy. One that even I would employ if I were in charge. I would NOT, however, say it's because "we were late to the party." If you're buying that I got some ocean-front property in Arizona to sell you.
    Here's a question since I don't own this game, how does Angry Birds save your progress? Is there a save? Can you skip forward to the last levels that you played on?

What if those levels in the "lite" version were supposed to be dispersed among the levels already in the current game and not just at the end of the current game's levels? How would that possible break the game or more importantly the game's saved data for those that have already gone through it?
    yes you can save. No you can't skip ahead. Yes it's addictive.

back to work. The OP is hopeless. No one has agreed with him yet.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    estockda, just knock it off... Mods, can we just close this post already???
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    who give a ****? it's not like they're charging you more for the new levels - they're in the bleeding free version! easy steps to resolution:
    1. download free app.
    2. enjoy new levels.
    3. close mouth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast