View Poll Results: Rovio releasing 9 extra levels in Angry Birds Lite not in the paid app is...

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shady! They're just trying to win the free hot apps competition.

11 12.79%
  • Not Shady! They can do whatever they like.

46 53.49%
  • Who cares? I've got a fever and the only prescription is more Angry Birds!!

29 33.72%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Ah, this thread would explain the reaction I got in the comments section of the news feed.

They can do what ever they want with their apps. If you really think about it the 9 new levels could be a part of a whole new level pack for the full version. They were done so instead of sitting on them for weeks they just up and released them for the trial version.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    They already said they are releasing new update here I personally think they should be awarded all the riches for porting this app over to our amazing OS and giving the iphone devs a kick start to porting games and apps over. I say if they have a chance to win both good for them and I will cheer them the whole way!
    You wanted free new levels and well... they released free new levels.

And you know what, even if they could win both catagories I wouldn't mind. They earned it just as much as some of the other developers. When a movie takes home 16 academy awards no one complains and says "They shouldn't have done that, they should have let the other guys get at least one... they ALREADY have 15!" That movie got those awards for being awesome and Angry Birds deserves those awards for being... awesome.
    Alright guys, be nice. No personal attacks are needed.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Alright guys, be nice. No personal attacks are needed.
    other than the thread title and attacks on rovio's honesty, what else sounds like a personal attack?

let me know if there any of my posts that I need to edit. I'm all about community!
    I would like to see some more levels coming in through an update.

Honestly, I don't need more levels because Angry Birds almost cost me my job and marriage!
    PreDoodle - http://www.predoodle.com
    Palm Pre Comics and WebOS Humor all served up in a digital doodle fashion!
    I thin this thread would make a great cartoon from you!
    But you know, there are other things that app devs could do that I know for a fact happened the last time:

1) Continuously updating your app so that it sits at the under updated apps every week day (Currently unnecessary since every webOS force out there is continually promoting this app)
    2) Drop the price of the app at $1. Price wiggling/"sales" were so rampant during the last contest due in part to...
    3) Palm's Half Off Sale, where developers would raise the price of their app; however, since it was on sale, it was still cheaper than it's off sale price. The problem, though, was that Palm would count the off sale price towards its standings. This was the shadiest thing of all, imo.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    back to work. The OP is hopeless. No one has agreed with him yet.
    At least 3 other people have. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    estockda, just knock it off... Mods, can we just close this post already???
    Knock what off? Why close the thread? I've made my point, Cantaffordit made his/hers. Other people can weigh in on their opinion if they'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    other than the thread title and attacks on rovio's honesty, what else sounds like a personal attack?

let me know if there any of my posts that I need to edit. I'm all about community!
    Calling me hopeless may justify a personal attack.

Is it not obvious that I don't myself that seriously (See 3rd option of poll)? I posed a scenario and asked people to weigh in. That's all. I thanked malpha for the clarification. I still don't buy what they're saying and think it's dishonest. My original theory for their motive may be wrong (and in all likelihood my current one is wrong too), but that doesn't mean the reason they give is truthful either. I stand by that.
    Last edited by estockda; 09/22/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Just be happy they are developing for palm and get on with your life. Gosh people worry and bother too much.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    lol argue over a video game and free levels wow .... Who cares

petty
    You gotta be kidding me.

These new levels are from the upcoming update for the iOS version. It's not a grand scheme to win some Hot Apps contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    From the promotion guidelines:

Code:
    All apps developed with Palm’s webOS PDK and made available through Palm app distribution mechanisms during the program period may be considered for the awards. You may receive only one $100,000 or $50,000 award; if one of your apps qualifies for either a $100,000 or $50,000 award in either the free or paid category, you may not receive any other $100,000 or $50,000 awards in either category. You may receive multiple awards for applications in the third and fourth tiers.
    BUUUURRnnnn!!!!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Did you ever think that they made the extra level in the lite version so that when you bought the other version you wouldn't feel like you already played x level already
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    WT*?
    I think everyone should download the free Falling Sand app and play while contemplate the answer to this poll.
    Ooohhh....Free version of Angry Birds? More levels? Updates? AAAWESOME!

*goes back to flinging birds at those nasty pigs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Riona View Post
    Ooohhh....Free version of Angry Birds? More levels? Updates? AAAWESOME!

*goes back to flinging birds at those nasty pigs*
    Where'd you find that creepy turtle thing avatar?....you're freaking me out!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12