Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Do you remember the scammer who "Claimed" to be working with th British Red Cross? Yeah that was a scam and this scam seems so much like it. Even if it is real, then how many people are going to harassed and torumented with all the new spam they will start getting, once they fill in their own email address, as well as their friends and friend's email addresses? It's a scam and if it is not, it makes the app even worse. That people would so blindly sell our email addresses, for a chance where 1 person gets a free year old service. Again, SCAM!!!
    what are you talking about? They never collect any personal information from you. All they get is your phone ID when you DL the app. Its The same info all other devs get access to when they put an app in the catalog. The winner is notified via the app itself, not through email. Please stop spreading false info.

it doesn't hurt me when you call it a scam. But I hate seeing people spread misinformation. You aren't 'protecting' anyone. Your just helping them miss out on an opportunity.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 10/16/2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    what are you talking about? They never collect any personal information from you. All they get is your phone ID when you DL the app. Its The same info all other devs get access to when they put an app in the catalog. The winner is notified via the app itself, not through email. Please stop spreading false info.

it doesn't hurt me when you call it a scam. But I hate seeing people spread misinformation. You aren't 'protecting' anyone. Your just helping them misout on an opportunity.
    Exactly. And the dev gets a bad rep. I'm not hurt. Believe me. But I hate to see a good dev getting put down like this when its not even true. How exactly do you know its a scam? What proof do you have to be saying this?

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have not received one email from them nor have the people I sent emails to. The dev just wanted a part of the hot apps bounty. Wish I had thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Anyone know if these guys won the $10,000 pdk hot apps?
    This is basically what it came down to. I bet Palm hasn't even dispersed the 10K thus they can't give up their $1500.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    they didn't even get to the 'honorable mention' level that earned a gift certificate to hp.com

this thing was an epic fail on so many levels.

they claim to have already given the money to webOSroundup and are waiting for the winner to claim the prize. Most people peobably uninstalled after 30 seconds and there is no way for them to know they won...

didn't think through the logistics...
    als, they didn't collect the email for participants - it's based on the device ID for your phone. My guess is the winner has returned their phne for oreo or being stuck in headset mode... So they will never know...
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's just a nice way of saying you are an *****. Now people know your full of it, done.

Anyone know if these guys won the $10,000 pdk hot apps?
    I have to admit, this reply made me lol a little, regardless of whether the app really was a scam or not.
    not a scam as much as the dev looking for easy money instead of just building apps that would actually provide enough value to win a hot-apps contest.

the scam comes in if they never award the prize because of the unworkable way they created to notify the winner.
    webosroundup is reporting that a winner has been selected. /nonsensicalconspiracytheories

Have you won one year’s free mobile service worth $1500? (UPDATE: FINALLY! We have a WINNER!) | webOSroundup
    It wasn't a scam really, just a lazy dev trying to win the contest by offering a chance for you to win $1500. Even though it's not a scam, it really showed the character of the developer himself. I'm glad his plan failed miserably.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  11.    #71  
    A winner has been found! Barbara from Texas has claimed this round's $1500 & has received her prize. Thanks everyone for your interest & feedback.
  12.    #72  
    Yes, a winner has been found! Thanks for the interest everyone & props to all of you who have been trying to get the truth out. We put a lot of work into this and we hope that those of you who participated enjoyed it. I hope that we have gained some trust in the community by doing everything we have said we would do as well as providing a unique app.
    Did winners/winner come forward for the gift cards as well?
    Come play with my Twitter.
    So who won?
    Barbara from Texas.
    Come play with my Twitter.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234