Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Well guys I can understand that you're skeptical about a company that runs a sweepstakes, but no need to continue presenting false and mean claims about our integrity or our future apps. We have done everything we've said we'd do & we've spent a lot of time and effort making sure that everything went smoothly and we are certain was fun for a lot of users - many have told us this. We have every intention to pay the prize out to the winner & will continue to search for the winner until one claims their prize.

I suppose it's going to be an uphill battle attempting to be a part of the community, but I hope you guys will eventually extend a hand of friendship to a fellow developer. We will do the same to you.
    Of course, by advertising it on webOS Roundup, odds are people on that site are going to keep up with the app and that the developers will eventually have to pay out the money (and have already paid it out, since webOS Roundup already has the money). No one was harmed, no one had to pay a dime, no one was spammed.

Whatever, I really don't see the need for the vitriol in this thread. If you don't like it, fine, but spare the forum your repeated whining, unbecoming gloating, and excessive snark. You're just making yourselves look bad.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    and you just jumped off the bridge too .... lol ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So did a winner ever come forward?
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    So did a winner ever come forward?
    Not according to their twitter account: Cloud Genki (cloudgenki) on Twitter

And that doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure at some point webOSRoundup will have to return the money to the developer when no one claims the prize.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Not according to their twitter account: Cloud Genki (cloudgenki) on Twitter

And that doesn't surprise me at all. I'm sure at some point webOSRoundup will have to return the money to the developer when no one claims the prize.
    Didn't they say they were going to keep picking winners until someone claimed it?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Didn't they say they were going to keep picking winners until someone claimed it?
    The new winner has to actually be opening up the app and checking. How many people are going to be keeping a sweepstakes app on their device and checking it every week just in case the winner hasn't been picked? I'd wager most people are going to delete the app at some point if they haven't done so already. The actual sweepstakes period (1 week) is already over, so there would be no reason for people to keep the app on their device after it already told them they didn't win.

And how long will webOSRoundup keep the money in their possession? 1 year? 5 years? 30 years? At some point they'll have to give it back.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

The new winner has to actually be opening up the app and checking. How many people are going to be keeping a sweepstakes app on their device and checking it every week just in case the winner hasn't been picked? I'd wager most people are going to delete the app at some point if they haven't done so already. The actual sweepstakes period (1 week) is already over, so there would be no reason for people to keep the app on their device after it already told them they didn't win.

And how long will webOSRoundup keep the money in their possession? 1 year? 5 years? 30 years? At some point they'll have to give it back.
    Yea, at some point I'm sure they will have to give it back... But I'm sure at least one person who downloaded the app knows about the "winner announced every week until prize claimed" thing. I really hope someone claims it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, at some point I'm sure they will have to give it back... But I'm sure at least one person who downloaded the app knows about the "winner announced every week until prize claimed" thing. I really hope someone claims it...
    I'd be curious to see how they worded the "sorry you didn't win" text when the user checked the app. If it simply says, "Sorry you didn't win", then there would be no reason to keep the app on your device. If it says, "Check back every week, you may still be a winner if no one claims the prize", then I could see some people keeping the app, but I still think most people probably wouldn't bother.

I'd be curious to see how they worded the "sorry you didn't win" text when the user checked the app. If it simply says, "Sorry you didn't win", then there would be no reason to keep the app on your device. If it says, "Check back every week, you may still be a winner if no one claims the prize", then I could see some people keeping the app, but I still think most people probably wouldn't bother.
    For $1500 (or whatever it is), I'd be sure to know exactly how the sweepstakes works lol. I do agree though that most people probably deleted the app by now... It was probably worded "Sorry, you didn't win.".
    SORRY, IF YOU'RE READING THIS IS IT MEANS YOU DIDN'T WIN THIS TIME.

However don't give up, we'll be doing this again! Plus keep checking back to make sure that the winner claims their prize, they only have until 11AM on October 11th PST until we choose another random winner.

Also, we're enjoying this so much we don't want it to stop, so we've decided to do another giveaway!

We're giving away two $50 HP gift certificates on October 15th, 2010. To enter the drawing please take our survey to let us know how we're doing so far and how we can improve. There's no registration required again. As soon as you fill out the survey and hit submit you're entered into the new drawing.

If you already took the survey then don't worry, you're already entered!

We'll draw 2 winners on October 15th, 2010. So make sure to check your status on that day to see if you've been chosen.

Thank you for entering and good luck, Cloud Genki
    There also seems to be no way of taking the survey from this screen, so I don't know how the hell they want me to do that.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    wasn't there supposed to be a drawing for two winners of 50 dollar hp gift cards? I've check the app about twenty times today out of boredom, and all it's says is that they will be drawing 2 winners on oct. 15th. Well? That's today
    I believe all of those applications are fake.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    That app, just like all the ones like it, are scams. That one you download an app and keep submitting your friends and family's email addresses. Then after a year, you might be the one to win a year of free wireless service. So 1 person might win out of how many users? 50,000, 70,000, 100,000? Who confirms who actually won? No one! Don't waste your time. Just leave that stupid app to rot.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

not true at all. That app is financially endorsed by webOSroundup.com. a site just as legit as this one.
    webOSroundup jumped the credibility shark by getting duped into participating.

supposedly they are waiting for the winner to claim the prize or they will draw again... Geesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    not true at all. That app is financially endorsed by webOSroundup.com. a site just as legit as this one.
    Do you remember the scammer who "Claimed" to be working with th British Red Cross? Yeah that was a scam and this scam seems so much like it. Even if it is real, then how many people are going to harassed and torumented with all the new spam they will start getting, once they fill in their own email address, as well as their friends and friend's email addresses? It's a scam and if it is not, it makes the app even worse. That people would so blindly sell our email addresses, for a chance where 1 person gets a free year old service. Again, SCAM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Do you remember the scammer who "Claimed" to be working with th British Red Cross? Yeah that was a scam and this scam seems so much like it. Even if it is real, then how many people are going to harassed and torumented with all the new spam they will start getting, once they fill in their own email address, as well as their friends and friend's email addresses? It's a scam and if it is not, it makes the app even worse. That people would so blindly sell our email addresses, for a chance where 1 person gets a free year old service. Again, SCAM!!!
    Stop spreading false information.

I haven't seen anyone on here complaining about all the spam mail they are getting from this. This is most definitely not a scam. And I hope people see this and realize they need to check their app to see if they have won. I'm sure many people have deleted it by now or don't even know that they need to check the app to see if they have won.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    That app never asks you for your email address.
    [QUOTE=spongamabob;2715203]Stop spreading false information.

I haven't seen anyone on here complaining about all the spam mail they are getting from this. This is most definitely not a scam. And I hope people see this and realize they need to check their app to see if they have won. I'm sure many people have deleted it by now or don't even know that they need to check the app to see if they have won.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm

It always makes me wonder why some people will defend an app like that. Why do you care if I call the app a scam? Why would me calling it a scam hurt you? When in reality it should hopefully protect people and keep them away from scam apps like this one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast