Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. A lil app I whipped up just hit the official app catalog.

As the name implies, it let's you send an anonymous text message to anyone. You must know the number and the carrier (to prevent spam). You must also enter a confirmation code for each attempt. Add to that your message, and you are off. You can select from your contacts or enter it manually. Add links and even photos to your message with ease.

Telling someone what is REALLY on your mind has never been so easy.

Direct Link: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

PreCentral: http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...onymous-texter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spdsktr; 09/21/2010 at 09:28 AM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Dose this app works for GSM Pre's? And works internationally? Dose Jordan country included in country list? Thnx
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Dose this app works for GSM Pre's? And works internationally? Dose Jordan country included in country list? Thnx
    It's carrier agnostic, so it can be used technically on any network. However, there is a limited supported network list. Jordan is NOT one of them:

Caribbean
    C&W Caribbean
    Digicel Caribbean
    GT&T Guyana
    MiPhone Jamaica

US
    Alltel USA
    AT&T USA
    Boost Mobile USA
    Cellular One USA
    Cellular South USA
    Centennial Wireless USA
    Cincinnati Bell USA
    Cingular USA
    Cricket USA
    Iowa Wireless USA
    Metro PCS USA
    Nextel USA
    Pioneer Cellular USA
    Qwest USA
    Simple Mobile USA
    Sprint USA
    SunCom USA
    T-Mobile USA
    US Cellular USA
    Verizon USA
    Virgin Mobile USA

Canada
    Aliant Mobility Canada
    Bell Mobility Canada
    Fido Canada
    Rogers Canada
    Telus Canada

UK
    O2 UK (Pay Monthly Mmail)
    T-Mobile UK (Instant Email)
    Vodafone UK (Vodafone Mail)

Latin America
    Claro Puerto Rico
    CTI Movil Argentina
    Movistar Argentina
    Nextel Argentina
    SunCom Puerto Rico

Ireland
    Meteor Ireland

Germany
    E-Plus Germany
    T-Mobile Germany

Netherlands
    Vodafone Netherlands

Philippines
    Smart Telecom Philippines

Asia
    Far EasTone Taiwan (Post-Paid)

Eastern Europe
    Globul Bulgaria
    Mtel Bulgaria

Africa
    Glo Mobile Nigeria
    MTN South Africa
    Safaricom Kenya
    Vodacom South Africa
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

i can see this being a whole lotto fun...thanks!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Hey spdsktr,

Just tried out the app, and I'm loving it so far. It does exactly what it's advertised to do, and it does it well. I'm currently five texts into a conversation with a friend who believes I'm someone else, and I can tell how confused he is. With tech like this at my fingertips, who's going to fault me for being a bit evil every now and then?

Kudos, spdsktr!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    With tech like this at my fingertips, who's going to fault me for being a bit evil every now and then?
    Evil is in the eye of the receiver. A few weeks ago, my daughters prank called me and actually had be believe one of them was about to get a referral. They got a good chuckle at me, and me at myself for falling for it.

We also keep friends who are good natured and fun spirited, which makes this a lot of fun. That's where the idea for the app came from...

Best advice, if the recipient cannot appreciate a little humour -- DO NOT DO IT. Those who can enjoy the little things life throws at you including these little pranks.

Always err on the side of caution. I did with the requirements that are baked into it.
    Last edited by spdsktr; 09/21/2010 at 01:45 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Love it. Good idea, GREAT implementation. I did notice a few not go through. Might have been error on my part, I will see if I can nail it down later. I think some sort of delay is in place through the server side to prevent spam...?? (if that even sounds right..)

I'm only testing it w/ US carriers, (at&t, metro, sprint) thus far. AT&T is the one that had some no shows, (some w/ attatched photos that had a minilink) but again, when I get home, I'll see if I an figure it out.

Is there a time delay between when you can send text? I was trying to send one right after another...
    Sexting here I come!!!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Love it. Good idea, GREAT implementation. I did notice a few not go through. Might have been error on my part, I will see if I can nail it down later. I think some sort of delay is in place through the server side to prevent spam...?? (if that even sounds right..)

I'm only testing it w/ US carriers, (at&t, metro, sprint) thus far. AT&T is the one that had some no shows, (some w/ attatched photos that had a minilink) but again, when I get home, I'll see if I an figure it out.

Is there a time delay between when you can send text? I was trying to send one right after another...
    Slow down there hoss! It's like a fine wine/microbrew, you enjoy while sipping slowly and not gulp it down.

Repeat rapid fires will get things caught up in filters. AT&T is the slowest delivery of them all, so do be patient. They will arrive.
    - James Harris

Author of:

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Sexting here I come!!!!
    Keep in mind that pictures are store on a PUBLIC photobucket account... One of which I control.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Keep in mind that pictures are store on a PUBLIC photobucket account... One of which I control.
    lol. what else do you control?

Question: Does the number have to be on my contact list or can I manually input it?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    lol. what else do you control?

Question: Does the number have to be on my contact list or can I manually input it?
    I control the bitly and imageshack accounts. At first, I was gonna let people use their own, but then I thought -- that's not very anonymous is it? So, it's all on an account I control and thus anonymous to the texter.

But that is the second time I have heard this question -- use any number. Just start typing... The contacts option is just a handy dandy function when you have them in your phone but do not have the # memorized. It's not required by any means.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by celenon View Post
    Hey spdsktr,

Just tried out the app, and I'm loving it so far. It does exactly what it's advertised to do, and it does it well. I'm currently five texts into a conversation with a friend who believes I'm someone else, and I can tell how confused he is. With tech like this at my fingertips, who's going to fault me for being a bit evil every now and then?

Kudos, spdsktr!
    how can you be having a conversation if you can't receive replies?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by spongamabob View Post
    how can you be having a conversation if you can't receive replies?
    If the person is sitting next to you and broadcasting their "reply", it works really well. Even better if the rest of the group is aware of the situation and that 1 person is not
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    But that is the second time I have heard this question -- use any number. Just start typing... The contacts option is just a handy dandy function when you have them in your phone but do not have the # memorized. It's not required by any means.
    Thanks.
    I had read one of the comments in the app catalog that only contact list was 'allowed'. Thanks. Will be buying
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    Thanks.
    I had read one of the comments in the app catalog that only contact list was 'allowed'. Thanks. Will be buying
    Not sure why he thought that. The # entry field is even numeric only -- so start typing. If you get a chance, please be sure to leave a review stating that you can just use any #. We cannot respond to reviews.
    - James Harris

Author of:

OK. Review left
    I see this as a possible method of telling someone they have bad breath or B.O. . . ...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  19. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Definitely the most FUN app I have bought from the catalog. Any chance to add anonymous emails? Even if the email is just a subject line (no message body)???
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  20.    #20  
    No plans for this, yet. Kinda a PITA to do it. Maybe when I port it over to Enyo, but definitely no time soon.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast