Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here are some screenshots of the app I am working on. Not quite ready for posting on Homebrew yet but if anyone wants to beta test or help with the development, please PM or email me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    awesome palmdoc!! can't wait to try it!
  3.    #3  
    Uploading app to Homebrew now . When approved by the moderator, it will appear here:
    http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...edicine-viewer
    Will also upload a version for quick Web link installation.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/21/2010 at 07:02 AM.
    very nice thanks again man!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Very cool! I use emedicine all the time. I haven't used much on the Pre, because the pages don't display well, but this app seems to fix that.

Any hope of adding a search feature?

Thanks again!
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Looks really cool....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  7.    #7  
    Ok it's out now in homebrew. Search won't be easily done (this app was created in Ares in like a few hours) until I figure out a way to parse the text into a listview, rather than a htmlview. If anyone good at this can help I'd be grateful.
    Good idea, thanks.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
  9.    #9  
    So the html source code is like this:

Code:
    <!-- articles list --> 
    <div class="maincolbox"> 
    <div id="dirheader"><h2>Allergy &amp; Immunology Articles</h2></div> 

<div id="sortbybox"><b>Sort:&nbsp;</b> <a href="/allergy_immunology/articles">Alphabetically</a> &nbsp;|&nbsp; <span style="color: #666;">by Section</span></div> 

<div class="subdirsection"> 
    <h4><a name="pathogenesis" id="pathogenesis"></a>Allergy Pathogenesis</h4> 
    <ul> 

<li><a href="/article/834401-overview">Allergic Fungal Sinusitis</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1119063-overview">Berloque Dermatitis</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1049216-overview">Contact Dermatitis, Allergic</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1049353-overview">Contact Dermatitis, Irritant</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1123605-overview">Dermatitis, Nummular</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1049474-overview">Drug Eruptions</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1049648-overview">Drug-Induced Photosensitivity</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1069686-overview">Drug-Induced Pigmentation</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1122527-overview">Dyshidrotic Eczema</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1336702-overview">Fixed Drug Eruptions</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/136118-overview">Hypersensitivity Reactions, Delayed</a></li> 
    <li><a href="/article/136217-overview">Hypersensitivity Reactions, Immediate</a></li> 
    <li><a href="/article/1049760-overview">Id Reaction (Autoeczematization)</a>*</li> 
    <li><a href="/article/137911-overview">Indoor Aeroallergens</a></li>
    It looks like if one can parse the string into an array, where each array item is the text in the <li> </li>, then I think it can be done, though it would lose the grouping. Or else parse the code and push the item directly into the list. My Javascript kungfu is not good enough so appreciate help here.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/21/2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Excellent! Thank you!
    Gotta have a search feature. It would make this app so much better. In its current form, there is no advantage to using the app over built-in features on the Pre. It's much easier to open up the keyboard, type in emedicine churg strauss than trying to find the same page on the app. I can then click on "print this" to get the same version displayed on your app.

Perhaps if the the information were organized like Epocrates, but with diseases instead of drug information? One of the problems is that the difficulty of scrolling down to pathophys, ddx, tx sections, etc. If they were all collapsed like pharmacology, adult dosing, etc. in Epocrates, that would certainly make life easier.
  12.    #12  
    I'd like to point out that the display from this app is not the print view you get when you search for the emedicine article directly from google. It's a custom google mobile view and the fonts are larger and more legible.
    I append screen shots to show the difference. I did play with the print view in an earlier version but decided it would not be practical as one has to zoom in the text to read or put the device in landscape mode.
    I agree search would be handy but it's easier said than done. I have a lot to learn about Javascript including RegExp, arrays and what not. Perhaps someone more experienced can help out. I'd be happy to share the code.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Didn't notice that. Thanks for the tip. Now I can click on Options --> Mobile Formatted when doing my searches when looking up emedicine articles. Makes life easier. I wish I knew more about programming as well. I wonder if it's possible for someone to create a bot that can index the emedicine articles then output them into a format that breaks them up into Overview, Differential Diagnosis & Workup, Treatment & Medication, Follow-up, Multimedia, and References. If that can be done and be put into an Epocrates-like format, that would be ideal, I think.
  14.    #14  
    Updated to version 0.4.0 using Google search as the "quick and dirty" search solution.
  15.    #15  
    Updated version 0.5.0, forgot the "Clear" button.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    With the new search feature, I've lost the mobile formatting on the articles.

Any thoughts on how to get it back?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Didn't notice that. Thanks for the tip. Now I can click on Options --> Mobile Formatted when doing my searches when looking up emedicine articles.
    How do you do that? Where is that option?
  18.    #18  
    For each search result, there is an Option link on the bottom right, just tap on it, and you'll see Mobile formatted as the lowest option in the drop down list. Selecting that will give you the best mobile format.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    just saw it. Thanks!
  20.    #20  
    Just uploaded v 0.6.0 to homebrew with improved mobile formatting for search results. There is however a line which says "error on line 3 at column 4966: Entity 'nbsp' not defined " in the result page which as far as I can tell is harmless. Try and and let me know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast