Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just saw this in the "official" app catalog, but when I tap on it I get a message "This is not a valid webOS application".

Why would this occur?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Just saw this in the "official" app catalog, but when I tap on it I get a message "This is not a valid webOS application".

Why would this occur?
    I believe that's an App Catalog bug. Btw the App Catalog version is an earlier version of what is currently in homebrew. I shall be updating it shortly. You should keep only the homebrew one if you want the latest.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/22/2010 at 04:08 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  3.    #23  
    Version 0.7.0 uploaded to Homebrew. I have locked the app in Portrait mode since the buttons somehow do not display properly in landscape mode. The results are displayed in the web browser which is of course not locked and can be orientated in landscape mode.
  4.    #24  
    I would like to ask you guys if you prefer to view the eMedicine content in an "in-app" browser or always open to the system (external) browser?
    Both methods have their pros and cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I believe that's an App Catalog bug. Btw the App Catalog version is an earlier version of what is currently in homebrew. I shall be updating it shortly. You should keep only the homebrew one if you want the latest.
    OK, will look for it in Preware.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  6.    #26  
    v 0.8.0 up in Homebrew : implemented internal browser view only. The Back button in the internal browser view takes one back only for the browser history. To go back to the application menu, use the standard back gesture. Minor bug fixes.
  7.    #27  
    updated v 0.8.5 with minor UI fixes.
  8.    #28  
    Did you guys notice that if you go to eMedicine - Medical Reference with your Pre's browser, you get a mobile version? The navigation is drill down but a bit slow. Final output's text isntoo small for me in portrait mode but ok in landscape.
  9.    #29  
    Not sure what's happening now but I am getting blank internal webviews. If however I navigate to the emedicine site using the external browser then it's ok again. Clearing the cache does not seem to help. Anyone else getting these?
  10.    #30  
    Updated to 0.9.0 in Homebrew.
    I have reinstated the internal webview and this time I don't seem to see any blank pages.
    The way Google mobilizer renders the menu pages is a little buggy though - sometimes you have to navigate to "Page 1" to see more menu content.
    I have added a "Back button" to the internal webView widget so that you can go back in the browser's history.

Please provide feedback. TQ.
  11.    #31  
    v 0.9.2 up added a spinner to the webview
  12.    #32  
    v. 0.9.4 Uses the official emedicine.medscape.com article list but displays in a larger font. The articles still link to a Google mobilized page but the font is now large enough to be read in Portrait mode.
  13.    #33  
    Updated v 0.9.5 with Search error code fixed. The font displays nicely for me and if there are no further suggestions there won't be more modifications so soon. An updated version like this has been submitted to the App Catalog as well.
  14.    #34  
    Looks like no other feedback (feel like talking to myself). Anyway one last change before I wrap it up:
    v 1.0.0 Navigation buttons in article view, an option to forward the article link by email (only the first article selected)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12