Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just opened Digloo today after a long time and it's just blank. And then I went to the app catalog to see if there was an update to this app. And I can't find this app anywhere in the app catalog. Seems like this app just disappeared.

now it would really freak me out if one of you guys reply back and say "what is Digloo".
    Quote Originally Posted by donjt81 View Post
    I just opened Digloo today after a long time and it's just blank. And then I went to the app catalog to see if there was an update to this app. And I can't find this app anywhere in the app catalog. Seems like this app just disappeared.

now it would really freak me out if one of you guys reply back and say "what is Digloo".
    Digg screwed their API when they switched to Diggv4. Until Digg fixes their issue, the Digloo developer removed the app. Once the API is back up and running (and stable) he will release an update and add it back to the catalog.

Even Digg's own apps were put down by this.

You can read more on the developers twitter feed, I think that's listed in the app.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm the Digloo developer.

When New Digg launched a few weeks ago it broke the API that Digloo uses. I pulled the app from the catalog so people wouldn't buy a broken app.

I'll be updating Digloo one of these weekends (though this didn't really happen at the best time so we'll see)

Hopefully it will be back soon (though some features will probably have to be removed in order to work with Digg 4.0)

And as NoRemorse mentioned, there are updates available on Digloo (DiglooApp) on Twitter
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Digg.com is dead. V4 killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    Digg.com is dead. V4 killed it.
    Digg is f-ing dead. It's very sad.

I refuse to migrate to Reddit.
    But the mobile site doesn't work on the Pre either. what gives?
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    But the mobile site doesn't work on the Pre either. what gives?
    I think it's a mix of Digg supporting a specific form of display and the Pre's browser lack of support for certain web standards. If you open the Digg page on PreFox, you'll notice that the text shows up and everything, which indiciates that the Pre browser is not compatible with something on the Digg site (rather than it being a flaw inherent in webOS itself) and depending on what it is, Digg may or may not be at fault for not supporting an alternative. Regardless, I doubt it is an issue that will be rectified on Digg's end (I feel they haven't been very vocal about what they will be fixing and when) and will hopefully be improved in webOS 2.0 if Palm updates their damned browser.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    @malpha, yeah- I hope Didoubleg pulls something out of their *** so magical like A HTML5 rich environment to bring everyone back to Digg because honestly we love you digg but rss auto feeds just arent our tune. EXPLODE SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR *** DIGG!
    That explains a lot. My Digloo was obviously not working so I uninstalled it but could not locate it any where for reinstallation. There is an app in the App Catalogue called Digg and I thought it was put out by the developer of Digloo and downloaded it. It works.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"