Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi PreCentral,

I want to bring your attention to my new game called SuperJump. It's comparable to doodle jump on the iPhone, and the reviews so far have been extremely positive. Plus, it's completely free, so I can really recommend to check it out. Online highscores are included.

As I'm new to the forums, I can't post a link to it yet, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
    Thomas
    awesome game... thanks for heads up.
    Great... another addictive game for me to waste time on.

Seriously though, it really is a great game. Accelerometer controls are very precise and the game design is fantastic.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Great... another addictive game for me to waste time on.
    Oh no! So Music Remix work gets shelved again... LOL

But yeah, this game is right up there with AB, Sparkle, and a few others for being ridiculously addictive!
    it's a great game, free is always good!
    After downloading I keep getting an error message: 'Install failed'.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #8  
    Thanks for the feedback!

Sanjay, sadly there is nothing I as the developer can do about failing installs or updates. This seems to be a problem of Palm's app catalog which happens sometimes. If you browse the reviews of random apps, you'll often see some zero-star reviews stating "cannot download", "install failed", etc. so it's not a problem specific to SuperJump. Sorry!
    Great game, thanks alot!
    But could you please add a way to "calibrate" - my accelerometer is off and I can't really enjoy the game when have to tilt the phone in order to jump straight up
  9.    #10  
    Okay, I've now submitted an update where the accelerometer can be calibrated in the settings. Let's see when it gets approved.
  10.    #11  
    The update to version 1.1.2 should be online now. I hope the calibration function works for you!
    Works like a charm, thanks alot for this great timekiller!
    I love this game!! Took over cloud hopper bless it's heart!

themes and a new bg would be nice.
    Does anyone know what the platforms with the little twinkle do?

Great game btw.
    Sprint Love
  14.    #15  
    Hmm, admittedly that's just a little effect I've built into all my recent games to make them appear less static ;-)

Thanks for the kind feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlepaint View Post
    Hmm, admittedly that's just a little effect I've built into all my recent games to make them appear less static ;-)

Thanks for the kind feedback
    it would be neat if you recorded how many sparkling platforms the user has stepped on and gave them some sort of reward for reaching a certain umber. It would add to the replayability of the game.
  16.    #17  
    Only one day of the PDK Hot Apps competition is left and SuperJump is on rank 21 ... if you like the game, I'd be glad if you could spread the word so it makes it into the top 20!
    Thanks in advance ...
    Hey puzzlepaint (Thomas perhaps?),

Wanted to thank you for SuperJump, it is a ton of fun and I have been trying like crazy to get into the global leaderboard. The fact that it is free makes it even better, but i would gladly have paid for it if I had tried a demo of it first.

I like the new Tricky mode, but it can be very frustrating at times, which I am sure was your intention. The difficulty level is much higher than classical mode. For me, it's mainly the rotating blue blocks.

Some things I think could make the game more replayable -
    1) more statistics kept track of
    2) achievements
    3) either power-ups or mods that can be bought to change the behavior - increased jump height, all reds are blue for a while, increased power of springs and superjumps, etc.
    4) if you use every jump of a golden platform (including the last blue one), then an extra star appears just above or something to make using them more worthwhile (except when you have to use them to get past a certain point)
    5) option to turn off sound effects but have some background music

Thanks again! Great game, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes accelerometer based games!
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
  18.    #19  
    Thank you for the suggestions! Although I won't have time for them in the near future, I like the ideas and may implement some of them when I get to it. Especially a mode including power-ups is very likely, as I originally wanted to include them in the initial game already.

And it looks like SuperJump has made it into the Top 20 of the PDK contest ... thanks to everyone who downloaded it!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlepaint View Post
    it looks like SuperJump has made it into the Top 20 of the PDK contest ... thanks to everyone who downloaded it!
    It's well deserved to be in the Top 20.....great game!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast