Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    or you can hit update directly from preware, that works too.
    It didn't work for me because it will launch the Palm App Catalog and I get the yellow triangle of death.
    Quote:
    OK, I got an update -- the catalog team has found the problem. The catalog server is throwing an error when encountering the ID of a non-catalog app, like one that's only homebrew or one installed while in development. This is documented as bug APPC-5415 and they're going to restore the old behavior of ignoring those apps soon.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    there is a option in preware preferences "avoid webos bugs" when i set that to no it seemed to fix the problem for me. it only been a day though. but I haven't seen that error since. I use to get the error at least once while in the app cat. haven't seen it since setting that option to no

I do still get the error every time i try to update though
    Last edited by treogangsta; 09/24/2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    Before you say search because the App Catalog Issue has been covered it's not the usual 'phantom updates' issue. I can see updates in Preware for apps from the App Catalog but when I tap the shoppin bag I see my apps for half a second and then a "This process cannot be conpleted. Please try again." message appears. I havetried everything minus a doctor to get it to qllow me to update but to no avail. I really don't want to have to doctor again and go through all of that because I have yet another App Catalog related issue.

Any ideas what I can do?

Also UK Screenstate 500mhz/1ghz is almost as slow as the stock kernel for me. I have tried F105 and it's much faster but me Pre+ gets HOT HOT HOT with F105 and not UK. SR71 won't boot so that isn't an option. Again I haved tried restarts, reinstalling, different settings in govnah and nothing has helped much so far.
    I used to be able to rin F105 smoothly and cooly but not anymore with the 1.4.5 update.

One last thing,
    Does anyone else not like how the PDK apps launch staright to full screen unlike pre PDK apps? I don't like it because I would like to have all apps have the same launch animation.
    I am having the same issue with this app store and updating my apps I cannot do it.
    i dont mind the new animations. but YES i get the same error when trying to update! and i dunno whats up with the 1ghz issue but im having the same problems... our phones must be related.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I am having the same issue with the app catalog. It is not happening on my wifes pixi.
    same problem with app cat.. sprint pre 1.4.5
    Same thing happening with me on Sprint Pre here for the app catalog. Hate scrolling through searching for updates, I want that simple Update all again
    Thats happened to me yesterday....Uhmmmm why is the date showing 25th?...Its still the 24th.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    I have been having the same problem today as well.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
    Just checked, doing it here, too!

Sprint Pre

Must be something screwy with the Crapalog.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Having the same problems myself for the past couple of days. The catalog has been having more and more problems, it seems, since 1.4.5 hit. I'm on a Sprint Pre by the way.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Me too!

VZW Pre Plus 1.4.5

But UK 1 GHz is running just fine.
    I've been having the same issue for a few days as well. I am able to go to Preware and update through there. Preware opens the specific app in the catalog and it lets me update. It was nice to be able to go right into the App Catalog and update all of them at once. On a side note, my wife's Pre is not having this issue. Strange, but I'll deal with it I guess. I don't want to do any sort of erase if I don't have to.
    Crapalog, i like that. yeah both my Pixis and my Pre are doing the same, have been for at least the past 24 hours.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Can we get a poll on the front page asking all users if they are having the same issue.
    A lot of people are having this problem. Early indications are that it might be related to Preware and not the UberKernel. It seems you can still update apps on an individual basis, but the shopping bag is not working in the app catalog for some reason.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Sorry guys, then maybe I just got lucky then...The regular App Catalog list has been working fine for me since yesterday with no errors, but the shopping bag button was still showing the yellow triangle error after a few seconds of hitting it, until I removed all my Homebrew. Then I was able to view that My Applications list showing updates, and no triangle error.

Update: No wonder why removing homebrew fixed the issue when viewing applications using the shopping bag button. Thanks arthurthornton!
    Don't feel bad at all about your reports. You were reporting the facts as you saw them, and it was clear from your reports that removing all your homebrew apps caused the app catalog error to not be triggered.

We've had lots of experience of other things breaking and Preware being blamed, so we don't react much to it now - we just wait a little bit until the people who broke things work it out ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    It is not a problem caused by Preware or homebrew, it's a change with the App Catalog itself, which was introduced in the last 24 hours by Palm, and which will hopefully be reversed as quickly

Read this post for details:

Forums webOS • View topic - App Catalog broken?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast