Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    No updates, anywhere, anytime, whatsoever. Not through App Catalog, not through Preware. I don't think I've seen an app update (except maybe BFG Maps) since the 1.4.5 update (ATT).

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The App Catalog was fine all the way upto just a few days ago, at least for me. Since some time last night, everytime I try to look for updates available for my installed apps using the shopping bag icon, I get the yellow triangle error after a few seconds. I've restarted multiple times with no luck. The App Catalog listings seems to work fine for me though, it's just the My Applications listing using the shopping bag button that has constant problems for me now. I only have Preware, Govnah, and Uberkernel installed, and I'm going to try to remove all those next.
    Last edited by Solen; 09/24/2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    I'm having this problem only when I click on the shopping bag to update apps. It doesn't happen when I browse for apps.
    Thanks for everyone that provided log files. I don't need any more files for this particular issue. It is being investigated by our engineering department.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks for everyone that provided log files. I don't need any more files for this particular issue. It is being investigated by our engineering department.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Thanks hardbeatz, please keep us updated as to the progress toward solving this!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ok, WTH! I went and removed Govnah, then Uberkernal with the required restart, and finally Preware using WebOSQI, then restarted the phone one last time, and now the My Applications listing no longer shows the yellow triangle error at all!! Not sure if it was coincidence that maybe Palm just fixed the issue, or if it really was one of those installed items...weird.

Update: Anyone have the issue recently fixed with Preware and other patches still installed??
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    still broke for my patched up Pixi.
    fix asap guys...really annoying. :/
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ok...So after everything was working fine with all the homebrew removed, I reinstalled only Preware 1.3.8 using WebOSQI, and so far the issue with the My Applications listing, using the shopping bag button, is now back to showing the same yellow triangle error every single time. I restarted, and still the issue exists. Seems, at least for me, something in Preware, possibly a feed listing, is conflicting with the updates section of the regular App Catalog...back to the troubleshooting process, first enabling, disabling some feeds...
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Ok...So I tried some troubleshooting, and tried disabling all the Preware feeds, and still yellow triangle error...tried enabling all feeds, and still error...tried enabling only the palm feeds, still error...tried disabling only the palm feeds and leaving others on, still error...tried disabling all but the palm catalog and catalog updates feeds, still error...restasted a couple times, still error...I once again uninstalled Preware using WebOSQI, and right after it uninstalled without restarting, and went straight to to the App Catalog to hit the shopping bag button, and bam, back to a normal!! I remembered that I had only updated Preware a just few days ago to the 1.3.8 version, which now seems like the culprit, at least on my end.

Anyone with minimal homebrew installed want to try and uninstall them, or just Preware, to see if this problem still occurs afterward??
    Last edited by Solen; 09/24/2010 at 06:12 PM.
    its a plam issue man !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    that could be it. We all got a preware update recently...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that could be it. We all got a preware update recently...
    I didn't have any problems even after the last Preware update - just started out of the blue yesterday.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its a plam issue man !
    I would also say it should be a Palm issue, but all the troubleshooting I just went through seems to show otherwise. I'm not trying to put blame on Preware, but maybe the latest Preware version conflicts with possible recent changes Palm might have made to their catalog servers? The only thing I can definitely confirm is that now with Preware removed, I have NO yellow triangle error showing when I hit the shopping bag icon, and I was able to update my applications with no issues. I reinstall Preware, and the yellow triangle error icon is totally back on that same My Applications list...I've now uninstalled and reinstalled Preware 4 times now, and the results are extremely consistent when hitting the shopping bag button, at least on my end!!
    Last edited by Solen; 09/24/2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So I removed Preware on my Pre (from within Preware) and did a Luna restart afterwards for good measure. However, the yellow triangle still shows up for me when I hit the shopping back in the App Catalog.

Back to installing Preware 1.3.8 again (should be easy thanks to Internalz and Save/Restore).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Sorry guys, then maybe I just got lucky then...The regular App Catalog list has been working fine for me since yesterday with no errors, but the shopping bag button was still showing the yellow triangle error after a few seconds of hitting it, until I removed all my Homebrew. Then I was able to view that My Applications list showing updates, and no triangle error.

Update: No wonder why removing homebrew fixed the issue when viewing applications using the shopping bag button. Thanks arthurthornton!
    Last edited by Solen; 09/24/2010 at 06:53 PM.
    ok... I'm having the same issue with updating apps also but found a work-a-round. 1)Use Preware to check which apps need updating. 2) Go back to app catalog and type in app name in search bar. 3) Tap app (it should have a little triangle and say update available). 4) there will be an 'Update Available' bar @ bottom. 5) Tap update and it will update app. Hope this helps anyone who is trying to update apps.

Also if you don't have Preware just scroll thought the catalog looking for a yellow download arrow and follow steps 2-5.

NO NEED TO UNINSTALL ANYTHING UNTIL PALM FIXES THE ISSUE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    ok... I'm having the same issue with updating apps also but found a work-a-round. 1)Use Preware to check which apps need updating. 2) Go back to app catalog and type in app name in search bar. 3) Tap app (it should have a little triangle and say update available). 4) there will be an 'Update Available' bar @ bottom. 5) Tap update and it will update app. Hope this helps anyone who is trying to update apps.

Also if you don't have Preware just scroll thought the catalog looking for a yellow download arrow and follow steps 2-5.

NO NEED TO UNINSTALL ANYTHING UNTIL PALM FIXES THE ISSUE!!!
    or you can hit update directly from preware, that works too.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast