Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    I've noticed this as well..not only that, but I've gotten the 'not a valid webos application' error a few times lately as well when trying to look at apps in the App Catalog. Not sure if that's related though.
    Are you still having problems using the app application recently? (meaning right now) This issue was reported and should have been fix by now.
    as of five minutes ago yeah...nearly every new app today has given me that message. Done a hard reset, battery pull...still nada. Trying to avoid the doctor though.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    as of five minutes ago yeah...nearly every new app today has given me that message. Done a hard reset, battery pull...still nada. Trying to avoid the doctor though.
    You don't need to doctor or anything, this problem isn't a result from any modification done on your device. HP|Palm has been notified on this issue.
    Getting the same thing
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    same here
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    This error isn't cause by any of those two patches. Those patches only cause the help and Gps application to malfunction. This is more of a server glitch. The problem is being investigated.

cheers~
    Incorrect, those patches do cause the Yellow triangle of death. For example read this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-preware.html
    Last edited by vza33; 09/21/2010 at 01:56 AM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    For those having this issue, turn off dev mode and reboot your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands for me to turn off dev mode...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands for me to turn off dev mode...
    Lol, you only need it to reinstall Preware, if by chance you lose it. Or to use WOSQI.

catalog updated
  11.    #31  
    What issue? The yellow triangle? I don't have dev mode enabled.
    I don't have Dev Mode enabled either, but Adora (Palm Dev Team) on Twitter said that the problem should be fixed now.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    In this thread this is your 2nd, "do this and it'll cure it" fix it, and for the 2nd time you've been said to be wrong.

Did they work for you
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    In this thread this is your 2nd, "do this and it'll cure it" fix it, and for the 2nd time you've been said to be wrong.

Did they work for you
    Yes both!

checked it this morning and didn't get the 'not a valid webos app' error with the apps I tried to view yesterday. Was able to download them as well...still getting that yellow triangle error message quite a bit though each time I cycle through the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Yep, getting it as well.. more now with 1.4.5 than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The problem with the app application error is not cause by any modification at this time.(Ive tested the ones that as been known to cause issues like this) however, there are two conflicted patches that would cause conflict with either the "Help" or "GPS" applications to give an error.. Which in this case isn't the same. Developer mode being on as nothing to do with this issue at hand. I've spoken to a 2nd level tech at HP|Palm, that told me they're aware of the problem with the app application error, and their engineers are working to fix the issue. Hopefully the problem will be fix soon.

Thank You.
    Thanks for the heads up!!! This is why I love the WebOS community.
    It never happened to me until after 1.4.5.

I downloaded Flickr Mundo but failed to install.

Kinda sucks! Card was charged already,cant get it to install.
  19.    #39  
    Still not fixed. Just got it again. Thought I'd read a tweet that said it was fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Still not fixed. Just got it again. Thought I'd read a tweet that said it was fixed.
    I read one a few days ago..I still get it. gaaah.

But normally a back swipe fixes it, and I can go on it again
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast