Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
    things appear to be working to the point where I don't see the triangle of death. I don't have any apps that need to be updated to try that yet. Anyone else try the catalog lately?
    Catalog is working fine for me....app update isn't.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    same here, cat works, update is broken. The only way to update palm cat apps is to manually scroll through the new apps and find your apps and see if they need updating.
    the only way I have found that's the easiest to sort your app updates is to open preware and see which apps have an update to download.. Then open the app cat and go to those apps with updates..
    it works, but not as easy as it used to be.. Just my 2 cents..
    sj
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    same here, cat works, update is broken. The only way to update palm cat apps is to manually scroll through the new apps and find your apps and see if they need updating.
    the only way I have found that's the easiest to sort your app updates is to open preware and see which apps have an update to download.. Then open the app cat and go to those apps with updates..
    it works, but not as easy as it used to be.. Just my 2 cents..
    sj
    Since you already have the list of updated apps open in Preware, just click on each one there to update it (not Update All).

-- Rod
    I see that it's a some system bug and not just happening to me, a recent homebrew user. It's good to hear that we can still update, but just have to do it one app at a time. No problem, I hope they fix it soon. It was really nice to update all apps at the same session.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Been having it like crazy the last few days.

My workaround is to view updates in Preware, click Update and it takes me to the specific App Catalog item I want to update.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    After reading the posts above, I had hope this issue was fixed. That hope was short-lived, when I hit the update all, the app list loaded, and 3 seconds later .... the dreaded yellow triangle.

annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Since you already have the list of updated apps open in Preware, just click on each one there to update it (not Update All).

-- Rod
    I do this as well, and this actually eliminates a step for me too, so I do, I've been just comparing what gets listed in preware verses the official app cat. Sometimes, preware says there is an update, but if you click the app, it pulls up the details in the app cat, but still says tap to launch. I assume that's due to the update file is posted to be availabe at a specific time and is not able to be accessed until then..
    sj
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I do this as well, and this actually eliminates a step for me too, so I do, I've been just comparing what gets listed in preware verses the official app cat. Sometimes, preware says there is an update, but if you click the app, it pulls up the details in the app cat, but still says tap to launch. I assume that's due to the update file is posted to be availabe at a specific time and is not able to be accessed until then..
    sj
    Palm seems to update the RSS feeds before actually updating the content distribution network which holds the actual files. It catches up within a couple of hours usually.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Palm seems to update the RSS feeds before actually updating the content distribution network which holds the actual files. It catches up within a couple of hours usually.

-- Rod
    I noticed that also,but if you go to it thought the app catalog app, the update IS there! Just not when accessed through preware. Is there a differenc of how it gets there?
    The past two days my AT&T pixi fails during the update process. I look for updates, the pixi responds that there are updates. I ask it to show me it shows me the list but than fails with the error

This action could not be completed. Try Later.

I have rebooted and tried at differnet times.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    My last experience was that I did not even see preware list that one of my apps had an update (BFGmaps, though it did show for a couple of other apps). I knew there was an update for BFGmaps because of info in the precentral thread. I still experienced the yellow triangle of death, so I had to go back into the app catalog, find BFGmaps, and there it indicated there was an update which I was able to do. If this is the current situation, I hope I don't have to go into each app individually to see if there is an update...
    I have the same exact problem with my Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    use search in app catalog and update one app at a time worked for me
    ongoing issue at Palm. they are working on it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...triangle+death

until then, it's easiest to use preware and update them one at a time.

btw, you should not bother using the "update app" because it is only useful when there is an update to webOS. once Palm fixes it, just open the app catalog and tap the shopping bag in the lower right corner. you will get a list of apps and a button for upgrades if there are any. but not until Palm fixes their servers...
    Most times this is cause by app(s) previously install on your phone, that you don't have anymore. If you could remember the name of the app(s) you could then re-install and update.
    the app update is working agsin ..... Wooo hooo !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just updated 2 apps!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    yahoo!
    Looks like the app catalog update is fixed finally.