Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's affecting 100% of homebrew app users, and 0% of the rest...

I wonder what % of palm users have homebrew apps installed?
    yup, I lost audio playback for the phone, except in a phone call.
    I had to doctor the phone back to it's factory default
    the updates were working
    After I installed preware, triangle of death

and on the jailbreak ruling
    I thought the ruling said they can'T stop you from jailbreaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Try to see the "triangle of death" as sign of new good things to come:
    As it has mainly to do with already installed apps (a.k.a. Shoppingbag), it's perhaps a preparation for the new "Software Manager" in webOS 2.0.

Palm’s “Yellow Triangle of Death” – A Sign of Good Things to Come? | webOSroundup

I can see them maybe releasing software manager but I dont think theyre going to roll out 2.0 so soon. The devs have had the sdk for under a month? I mean, it'd be fantastic if they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by caryopsis View Post
    yup, I lost audio playback for the phone, except in a phone call.
    I had to doctor the phone back to it's factory default
    the updates were working
    After I installed preware, triangle of death

and on the jailbreak ruling
    I thought the ruling said they can'T stop you from jailbreaking?
    Read the official post from Palm about 15 posts before yours. You will likely want to edit or delete most of your post afterwards ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I hope HP/Palm fixes the app catalog pretty soon. It's very annoying not being able to update apps. I can't on my Pre and my girlfriend can't on her Pre Plus. We just get the wonder yellow triangle alert with The action could not be completed. Try again later. This has been going on for a few days. Are there any solutions for fixing this? Thanks.
    Do you have Preware?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Do you have Preware?
    Yea
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    It’s annoying, but at least you an still update an app, so long as you search for it individually, and update it that way.

hmmmm ok I guess that works

Thanks for the link
    <threads merged>

***Please see POST #331 for an update to the status of this issue***
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    As Rod mentioned quite a few times this is not necessarily a "homebrew" bug. It's not a bug caused by homebrew. It's not a ploy for Palm to "get at" homebrew." A change was made (as was intended) that ended up having a bug that affected apps that are not part of the official app catalog.

A majority of these customers are going to be homebrew customers and some are going to be app developers which is where that statement that it only affects a small portion of the userbase comes from.

This issue is not being swept under the rug by Palm as it does intend to get fixed, it's just not going to happen overnight, we are working diligently to come to a resolution, we don't want to leave developers out in the cold and on that same note we are not going to give the homebrew community the cold shoulder. Rod and Jason have done amazing things with webOS, we don't take that lightly.
    ...For those just now getting frustrated enough to seek a solution, that's what's currently going on: the issue is being worked on by Palm/HP as we type, but it is not a quick fix apparently.

Thanks Palm/HP!
    (And thanks all the WebOS Internals folks for all you do!)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    What a difference a day makes. I wish I had read the recent updates to this this thread yesterday. I also was having the Yellow triangle of death issue when clicking the shopping bag and put in a Palm support request. I have more information that might help people understand this issue (but likely not help fix it).

1. Palm had me do a partial reset (ie: deleting all homebrew, patches, etc...) of my phone. The app catalogue shopping bag worked again.

2. As soon as I added *any* homebrew (ie: I added Preware via WebOS Quick install), the shopping bag does the same thing as described above (shows my apps for 1-2 seconds & then the yellow triangle).

3. For fun, I uninstalled the Homebrew apps (ie: Orange/Silver + Preware to delete it). The Shopping bag works again

4. I re-added Preware and my other host of apps/patches. Shopping bag is broken again.

So: although this should be no surprise to anyone above, I thought such a clear re-creation of the issue might be helpful.
    Haven't got time to look through this thread, so don't know if this is a dupe. Anyway this was posted in the comments on this blog Palm’s “Yellow Triangle of Death” – A Sign of Good Things to Come? [Update: Palm chimes in] | webOSroundup

Quote Originally Posted by Manders
    I was wondering why that was happening. Now I know I’m not alone at least. I have found a way to get it to work for me though. As soon as you click on the bag then click any of the apps quickly(before our nemisis shows it’s face) and it will open it up to show the yellow triangle again. Back out of it and your list of apps should show up fine. Works for me anyway.
    This also works for me, I suggest everyone try it out and see if it works.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjeffcoat
    Do you have Preware?
    ---
    Yea
    You can use Preware to find apps that need to be updated. Search this thread for instructions on how.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Haven't got time to look through this thread, so don't know if this is a dupe. Anyway this was posted in the comments on this blog Palm’s “Yellow Triangle of Death” – A Sign of Good Things to Come? [Update: Palm chimes in] | webOSroundup

Pip
    Worked here too, thanks-
    Haven't got time to look through this thread, so don't know if this is a dupe. Anyway this was posted in the comments on this blog | webOSroundup

Pip
    Thanks ... this worked for me but it's not showing the available updates. It just lists the apps. I have to click on each app to see if there is an update available.
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post
    Thanks ... this worked for me but it's not showing the available updates. It just lists the apps. I have to click on each app to see if there is an update available.
    that's why it's easier to use preware to check for updates...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's why it's easier to use preware to check for updates...
    Heh, I was just getting used to the newish feature in preware where selecting update all takes you to the shopping bag to update all official apps, only to have this bug show up. I actually just used to use preware to check for updates then manually launched the app catalog to apply the updates. Now, I am getting used to doing them all one at a time..
    I am getting the same issue, glad to see its not just me then phew!, Well I have faith in palm to fix the problem so its not a big deal. i have even find it easier go through PreWare to see what the list of apps have updates waiting and that seems to allow me to update each one easily enough.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post
    Same result here / will use Preware until Palm issues the fix.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Haven't got time to look through this thread, so don't know if this is a dupe. Anyway this was posted in the comments on this blog | webOSroundup

Pip
    Worked,but my "Update All" button is not there. Still need to update individually..