Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Are you serious? Sorry homebrew devs, but if this is so, I'll have to uninstall your apps.
    That's your prerogative to make such a knee-jerk reaction to a bug that Palm has stated publicly that they are in the process of fixing.

Note that the bug affects official App Catalog developers (and their beta testers) who are testing out new applications before submitting them to the app catalog too. Do you really think Palm is intent on negatively impacting their webOS developers in this way?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Are you serious? Sorry homebrew devs, but if this is so, I'll have to uninstall your apps.
    don't over react. Just upate through preware and chillax a bit. They are working on it.

and it isn't a patch issue, but apparently only apps.

it's all good.
    I'd rather go without the App catalog than Preware.

Regards,
    Tom
    Great. Do it.

Are you really that upset that you cant update the to the latest and greatest version of angry birds? The devs and Palm have acknowledged there is an issue.
    Last edited by Garage91; 09/29/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's affecting 100% of homebrew app users, and 0% of the rest...
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It's a bug that affects every homebrew user and no stock users.
    Actually it also affects some stock users. Those who are developing the very apps that Palm wants added to the app catalog, cause having such an app on your device for testing as a developer triggers the bug too.

It is not helpful to characterise this as a "homebrew-only" bug. It causes other misinformed people to react as has happened above.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Its happening to me to 9/28/10.
    As Rod mentioned quite a few times this is not necessarily a "homebrew" bug. It's not a bug caused by homebrew. It's not a ploy for Palm to "get at" homebrew." A change was made (as was intended) that ended up having a bug that affected apps that are not part of the official app catalog.

A majority of these customers are going to be homebrew customers and some are going to be app developers which is where that statement that it only affects a small portion of the userbase comes from.

This issue is not being swept under the rug by Palm as it does intend to get fixed, it's just not going to happen overnight, we are working diligently to come to a resolution, we don't want to leave developers out in the cold and on that same note we are not going to give the homebrew community the cold shoulder. Rod and Jason have done amazing things with webOS, we don't take that lightly.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    As Rod mentioned quite a few times this is not necessarily a "homebrew" bug. It's not a bug caused by homebrew. It's not a ploy for Palm to "get at" homebrew." A change was made (as was intended) that ended up having a bug that affected apps that are not part of the official app catalog.

A majority of these customers are going to be homebrew customers and some are going to be app developers which is where that statement that it only affects a small portion of the userbase comes from.

This issue is not being swept under the rug by Palm as it does intend to get fixed, it's just not going to happen overnight, we are working diligently to come to a resolution, we don't want to leave developers out in the cold and on that same note we are not going to give the homebrew community the cold shoulder. Rod and Jason have done amazing things with webOS, we don't take that lightly.
    This is why there is nothing better than Palm and webOS.
    Rod and Jason have done amazing things with webOS, we don't take that lightly.
    Thanks for the mention. The list of significant homebrew contributors obviously extends far further than that (and I know it would be impossible for you to list more than a couple of representative names in a Palm Support post like this), so I'm reading those words as "WebOS Internals, Canuck Coding, and many many other homebrew developers"

Correspondingly, I don't take lightly the collaborative attitude consistently displayed by Palm's words and actions with regard to the homebrew community.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Thanks. I always knew I could count on Palm and never was worried about the bug. It's a temporary inconvenience and it doesn't bother me much that I would think moving away from homebrew a bit.
    It was just some tired engineer's mistake when trying to improve things. Unintended and a minor inconvenience, nothing more. We'll see it fixed soon enough.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    on the app store I tap the shopping bag button to see if any app updates are up and it says the action could not be completed try again later it's been doing it for a while do patches affect it or what it's frusturating
    I get the samething.. I think they are getting ready for 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    It was just some tired engineer's mistake when trying to improve things. Unintended and a minor inconvenience, nothing more. We'll see it fixed soon enough.
    The engineer probably had some executive breathing down his next to fix some issue and couldn't see straight. Now the same exec is breathing down his neck even harder while he fixes the new issue. *

*This is a fictional scenario. I know an executive would never do such a thing.
    Hi all,

For the last several days, when I try to do the multiple upgrades.

Here is what I usually do, I launch Palm's App Catalog app, and from the first screen I tap a button in the lower right had corner, to get a list of all the app I have purchased and am using.

Then I usually will get on that next screen with the list of the app, in the lower right hand corner again, a button with says 'Install All'.

For the last several days, just going into the list of all my app, I get the following: 'The action could not be completed. Try again later'

Normally, I just figure that Palm's servers are having problems and wait it out.

But in this case, it's been days and I haven't heard of anyone complaining that the App Catalog servers are down or having problems.

The screen when I get at least shows me the apps on the first screen (that I own) but I guess it's having trouble building that list for some reason. And I get this error.

If I go directly to the individual app, it will upgrade and install just fine.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong and how I can fix it if it is coming from my end?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Same problem here.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    If Palm pad is released as a standalone device (as in not carrier driven) Then a change will have to be made to the app catalog for users to download apps without cellular service via wi-fi.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    If Palm pad is released as a standalone device (as in not carrier driven) Then a change will have to be made to the app catalog for users to download apps without cellular service via wi-fi.
    That is already possible with the WebOS Internals MetaDoctor. It would be a simple change for palm to allow app catalog activation of a device over wifi by default.

-- Rod
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Try to see the "triangle of death" as sign of new good things to come:
    As it has mainly to do with already installed apps (a.k.a. Shoppingbag), it's perhaps a preparation for the new "Software Manager" in webOS 2.0.

Palm’s “Yellow Triangle of Death” – A Sign of Good Things to Come? | webOSroundup
    Attached Images Attached Images