Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2683394]LOL if you were reading those threads, that would have been a good place to post your question!

edit: here is a better sign:
    [img]

that's funny
    lol it's all good. you are among friends!
  3. ZFF
    As far as I'm concerned, this app catalog update problem linked to the shopping bag that appears simply because we have apps installed that are not part of the main catalog is a direct violation of the anti-jailbreak ruling handed down by the court and worthy of a class action lawsuit.

We are still struggling with Verizon crippling access of 3rd party apps to the full functionality of the GPS. Now this? It has to stop. It's time for the consumers to put their foot down and drag these criminals to court.
    Last edited by ZFF; 09/28/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZFF View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, this app catalog update problem linked to the shopping bag that appears simply because we have apps installed that are not part of the main catalog is a direct violation of the anti-jailbreak ruling handed down by the court and worthy of a class action lawsuit.
    yes, but Palm has acknowledged the problem, and also Palm doesn't have an anti-jailbreaking policy. they encourage us.
    Hi all...please welcome our newest thread "app catalog completely useless" to the fold.

<<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Hi all...please welcome our newest thread "app catalog completely useless" to the fold.

<<Thread Merged>>
    Welcome to the fold.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Any word on a fix for this from HP/PALM? This is quite annoying.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Palm in their developer forum (Forums webOS &bull; View topic - App Catalog broken?) is saying it is only affecting a small number of users. Judging by the number of threads merged here, I would guess it is somewhat larger, but it must not be very large or it would have made Precentral's front page.

I have a Verizon Pre Plus running 1.4.5 and have some homebrew apps installed and get the yellow triangle as soon as I hit the My apps button. Anyone else in yellow triangle of death land on Verizon?
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic

We are still struggling with Verizon crippling access of 3rd party apps to the full functionality of the GPS. Now this? It has to stop. It's time for the consumers to put their foot down and drag these criminals to court.
    I like that a bug that has somewhat broken the App Catalog for about a week and that Palm (who is openly embracing the homebrew community and whose devices want you to jailbreak them with a cheat code) is working on makes them "criminals" worthy of a class-action lawsuit. Litigation is a great hobby to have, isn't it.
    Criminals.. Seriously?

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS

Geez - I hope you don't use Preware. I would not appreciate being the target of a class action lawsuit threat just cause it took me a week to fix a bug I had already acknowledged in public ...

I'm so glad I live in Australia.

-- Rod

you have the alternative to restore your Pre to a stock configuration. if you think that a software bug is worthy of a law suit... I strongly recommend that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    I leveraged the work around stated a couple of posts above mine along with the following:

Step 1 - Open Preware and update feeds which should show you if you apps in need of updating.

Step 2 - Open the show updates app which will open the App catalog and before the exclamation point comes up, just select any app and then swipe back to get back to the listing of all of your apps.

Step 3 - Now using the information from PreWare regarding your apps that need updating, select the respective apps and once selected, it should show that an update is available. Select the update and you should be all set.

I followed the steps above and I was able to update each app individually with success. Hope this helps!!
    You can skip step 2, and in step 3 just click on each listed update candidate app in Preware separately, instead of hitting Update All.

You also need to ensure all the Palm feeds are enabled before step 1 - the main Palm feed is not enabled by default.

-- Rod
    For about a week now - since the catalog problems - I haven't even had any updates in Preware - except for maybe ACAL. Nada. I'm on ATT.

Somebody posted that HPalm said it wasn't affecting a large number of people ( ). Do we need a poll to collect some numbers? Because, frankly, for this length of time, it's outrageous that it hasn't been fixed.

My 2cents.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    it's affecting 100% of homebrew app users, and 0% of the rest...

I wonder what % of palm users have homebrew apps installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's affecting 100% of homebrew app users, and 0% of the rest...

I wonder what % of palm users have homebrew apps installed?
    Are you serious? Sorry homebrew devs, but if this is so, I'll have to uninstall your apps.
    This has been going on for a few days:
    1. I run the Updates app, and it reports updates, so I tap Show Updates.
    2. App Catalog opens, and it might even show the "My Applications" screen for a second or two, then app list disappears, to be replaced by a plain blue-background screen with a yellow triangle with exclamation point and the message: "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

Has anyone else been getting this? It's pretty much every time I remember to check for updates.

I just checked for just opening the App Catalog directly, and I get the same thing...1-2 seconds of normality, then that screen (I'll try to attach a screenshot).

This is interesting...I don't think I've done anything to my phone in the last few days. I have a Sprint Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Are you serious? Sorry homebrew devs, but if this is so, I'll have to uninstall your apps.
    Why?

Read further back in this thread and see that you can updates app via Preware, just one at a time.

Plus Palm has already acknowledged this issue and is working to resolve it...
    There's already big thread for this, prepare for a merger (like the one of Palm into HP.)

Short version: It's a bug that affects every homebrew user and no stock users, Palm have publicly acknowledged it and have been working on it for days. No official word on when it's going to be fixed yet. Use Preware to update your apps manually in the meantime if you cannot wait.