Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i found this already the other day and no updates show when doing this !
    Bummer. Well, thanks to Preware, we can still update. I swear the homebrew community has blown away anything Palm has ever offered in my opinion and they do it FOR FREE!!!

That's why people should donate as often as they can to all the great homebrew developers. Without them I'd have to settle on Android or worse.
    worse for me !! i dont like andriod id have to settle for a ifony
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertK View Post
    I haven't had any problems with the app catalog. Well, It did happen once about 2 days ago. Of course I have nothing added but the few apps I got from the app catalog. and it updated one of them with no problems.
    From what I understand, the problem only shows if you have a homebrew or an app installed that's not from the official app catalog.
    Well, I was going to try out some of the stuff. I think I'll wait now. You don't think they will leave it like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertK View Post
    Well, I was going to try out some of the stuff. I think I'll wait now. You don't think they will leave it like this?
    Palm has already stated publicly that it is going to revert the change.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    From what I understand, the problem only shows if you have a homebrew or an app installed that's not from the official app catalog.
    That is correct. This includes developers testing their own apps before they submit them to the app catalog. You can be sure that Palm don't want to negatively impact webOS developers in this way.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    yeah but how long will it take to revert this foolishness !!??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    There's another workaround posted in the Palm developer forums:

1) Open app catalog
    2) Click on shopping bag icon
    3) As soon as apps appear, quickly click on any app
    4) You will get the yellow triangle
    5) Backswipe and all your apps will now show in the list.

I confirmed that I can now get my entire app list to show without a problem but don't have any that need updated so I'm not sure if the update part works.
    Unfortunately, that work-around doesn't show you which apps need updating, like Preware does.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Thanks for info. Unfortunately I didn't read this before visiting the doctor. Damn me....
    I'm starting to feel (young and) restless. How long is this going to take?
    Does anyone with the triangle problem have access again?

Just checking - it still doesn't work for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    Does anyone with the triangle problem have access again?

Just checking - it still doesn't work for me...
    Yup.
    still not working... Palm has really set things back for the millions that are enjoying homebrew.

still need to do your updates through preware, one at a time.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/28/2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Still not working here. Yay for Preware, though! I thought this was an issue with my Pre personally!
    I leveraged the work around stated a couple of posts above mine along with the following:

Step 1 - Open Preware and update feeds which should show you if you apps in need of updating.

Step 2 - Open the show updates app which will open the App catalog and before the exclamation point comes up, just select any app and then swipe back to get back to the listing of all of your apps.

Step 3 - Now using the information from PreWare regarding your apps that need updating, select the respective apps and once selected, it should show that an update is available. Select the update and you should be all set.

I followed the steps above and I was able to update each app individually with success. Hope this helps!!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I have been reading about people getting the triangle of death lately but I am getting it everytime I open the catelog within 10 seconds of opening it. Anyone got any ideas?
    Do you want to keep the admins busy by merging all this threads?
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I was just saying that I have it every single time from all I've read it just has been happening now and again. Just curiouse if anyones been having the issue as bad as I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I have been reading about people getting the triangle of death lately but I am getting it everytime I open the catelog within 10 seconds of opening it. Anyone got any ideas?
    LOL if you were reading those threads, that would have been a good place to post your question!

edit: here is a better sign:
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/28/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I know my bad I've been here for a long time and I'm far from being known as someone who doesn't follow the rules but when your out and about and getting so frustrated sometimes you just post without thinking it all the way through. It was a frustration induced illagitimate post.