Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    no one else is having this issue.
    can you really speak for the entire pre community?
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    can you really speak for the entire pre community?
    sorry about that, you quoted me before I found the link to paste...
    Hi, for the past couple days I am experiencing a problem in the app catalog. When I click on the icon in the lower right that displays all of your apps and notifies you of pending updates I get an error message that reads, the action cannot be completed, try again later. Does anyone know a fix to this or are experiencing the same thing?

Thanks
    Just so you know, I have had that problem yesterday and today as well.
    I just got this phone not long ago I can't get in to the app catalog it keeps saying it's not available. So what do I do to fix this???
    this is a known issue that palm is fixing as we speak !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    <<Wow...Off topic alert! Totally the wrong place (Thread) for these questions -Mod>>

I also can't get the camera to take video's. I've looked it up, but I don't have the video recorder icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly76 View Post
    I also can't get the camera to take video's. I've looked it up, but I don't have the video recorder icon?
    What version of webOS software do you have? Go into Device Info to check. I think video recording came with 1.4x

Also, it would help to start a new thread for new issues and also put a more descriptive title so people know what you are talking about.

Yes I've been getting that!! So how do I fix this?

I have 1.1.0

I have 1.1.0
    You have an old version. You must have bought an old phone. Go into updates and you should be able to update to the latest version...that is if the app catalog problem doesn't interfere with the webOS version update.

You should start by checking the version of your Pre's operating system. Click the info icon and see if it is version 1.4 because I think anything later may not have video capability. If it is not up to date or if you just want to check for any update availability, click on the icon that looks like a wrapped up present.

Oops, carry on then...

I tried updating and it just says the my phone is all updated?

yes u just need to update your phone is all lol wow 1.1.0 thats real old version lol update app is on the last page just open it and search for updates it will do the rest . but make sure you plug phone into a power source first if its not fully charged.

which phone do you have and on which carrier ?

I suggest using the webOS Doctor to go straight to a clean 1.4.5

-- Rod

Will I lose everything I have on the phone? Like pics, songs, stuff like that? And how do do this doctor thing? lol I have the palm pre through Bell Mobilty.

I'm not good with kinda stuff at all!!!!! lol So thanks so far for the help!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...dFVpEA&cad=rja

find the proper web doctor for your phone , no it will not touch anything on the usb portion of your phone.

just goes to show, there are pres out there STILL running 1.1.0

Will I lose everything I have on the phone? Like pics, songs, stuff like that? And how do do this doctor thing? lol I have the palm pre through Bell Mobilty.
    I would take a backup of all your data first, using the USB Drive mode.

It should retain your data, but you are advised to backup the data anyway, cause there are rare circumstances where the doctor will erase it.

-- Rod

I started a reset now it's restoring and setting up.

open the regular camera app. Then tap the icom to toggle between video and still camera.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/27/2010 at 08:19 AM.
    Hi, for the past couple days I am experiencing a problem in the app catalog. When I click on the icon in the lower right that displays all of your apps and notifies you of pending updates I get an error message that reads, the action cannot be completed, try again later. Does anyone know a fix to this or are experiencing the same thing?

Thanks
    I have the same problem as well. What I do is use preware to do my updates. If you can't do it all at once. Update one at a time.
    I tried updating some of my apps tonight, and when I'm brought into the "shopping bag" showing all of my apps, the screen quickly goes into a "The action cannot be done right now. Try again later" or something to that effect. Is anyone else having the same problem?
    Yes. Lots of people.

Use Preware to update each app individually (not update all). Make sure the Palm feeds are enabled and you update feeds first.

-- Rod
    What I'm wondering is why and how this cropped up NOW. Apparently this problem is the App Catalog not recognizing homebrew apps and erroring out if I understood that correctly... The Catalog never did that before but suddenly started doing it to everybody at the same time.

Is this bug maybe connected to some sort of preparatory updates ahead of 2.0 that were made to the catalog backend? Have we not seen screenshots of feed selection in the Catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    What I'm wondering is why and how this cropped up NOW. Apparently this problem is the App Catalog not recognizing homebrew apps and erroring out if I understood that correctly... The Catalog never did that before but suddenly started doing it to everybody at the same time.

Is this bug maybe connected to some sort of preparatory updates ahead of 2.0 that were made to the catalog backend? Have we not seen screenshots of feed selection in the Catalog?
    The reason is stated in the referenced post on the Palm forums.

-- Rod
    I have joined the club on the Yellow Triangle of Death. Awaiting a fix from Palm.

Here is what the Palm Developer community says about it:
    http://developer.palm.com/distributi...p=41471#p41471
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Apparently Palm is in no hurry to get this fixed.. glad they could take the weekend off, but get it done already!
    So today i noticed that gchat doesnt connect to the server. I hit the sign in button and it went right back to offline. i have removed the account and tried to re add it with little luck. said server cannot be reached.
    Also, if i got to the updates... it shows i have updates, but when i go to install and update them.. it shows me an orange screen. Doesnt with through update app or preware.. both get me yellow triangle

anyone else having this issues? or no whats going on?
    ^^in regards to your GChat issues...they are likely unrelated.

<<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'm able to get into any page in the catalog except for the shopping bag, by swipping back and going in again. I get the triangle the first time, but a second try is usually successful.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    in my app catalog i havent been able to update any of my apps because i always get the action could not be completed. try again later so ive been having to use preware and individually updating each app. its such an inconvenience.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I had to remove the app with Preware, install it, update feeds to see the updates, then update via Preware each app individually.
    I'm not able to update apps per preware even now!! Lame!!
    I CANT Update my apps. All i get is the Yellow Triangle of Death. Its driving me nuts. I have about 10 apps to update now and i cant do it.