Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Here's a tweet from webosinternals regarding the app catalog issue: App catalog issue will be fixed by @palm [url= http://developer.palm.com/distribution/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=8736&p=41471#p41471[/url] - imagine the conspiracy theories if this was Apple
    if you scroll down on the link you'll find a post from "unwiredben" that explains that they found the problem and they have a fix for it in the works.
    The app catalog problem has been acknowledged by Palm. They are going to implement a fix. Nothing you can do in the meantime except wait.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Don't know how you own a webOS phone without knowing about this site, I guess some, even a lot of people, don't even know this site exists.

I have been having this same issue for the last 24 hours, came here to see if there was known issues, and here you go.

What a great community!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't feel bad at all about your reports. You were reporting the facts as you saw them, and it was clear from your reports that removing all your homebrew apps caused the app catalog error to not be triggered.

We've had lots of experience of other things breaking and Preware being blamed, so we don't react much to it now - we just wait a little bit until the people who broke things work it out ...

-- Rod
    Thank you kind sir...arthurthornton's much needed link to the answer saved me the trouble of scratching my head after all that troubleshooting. Never thought of looking at the Palm Developer forums for a possible answer, since I stick to just the standard Palm Support Community, PreCentral, and webOSroundup forums for help. I do luvz my Homebrew, especially Preware! I'm just happy I can put it all back and just have to wait for Palm to get their catalog server back into shape
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solen View Post
    Thank you kind sir...arthurthornton's much needed link to the answer saved me the trouble of scratching my head after all that troubleshooting. Never thought of looking at the Palm Developer forums for a possible answer, since I stick to just the standard Palm Support Community, PreCentral, and webOSroundup forums for help. I do luvz my Homebrew, especially Preware! I'm just happy I can put it all back and just have to wait for Palm to get their catalog server back into shape
    Note that in the meantime you can enable the Palm feeds in Preware, update feeds, and then update each app individually (not update all) until Palm reverts the change which is causing this.

-- Rod
    Note that in the meantime you can enable the Palm feeds in Preware, update feeds, and then update each app individually (not update all) until Palm reverts the change which is causing this.

-- Rod

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Exactly what I am doing. Preware is the only place I get app info from. I only use the app cat to "update all".
    OP.. There has been an ongoing discussion about this for the past few days now(not tellin ya to search)

Here's the other thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...gle-death.html
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    same problem. glad to hear it's not just me.
    Palm Pilot - Palm V - Palm m505 - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - Palm TX - Treo 650 - Treo 700p - Treo 755p - Palm Pre
    I keep getting this error message every time I launch App Catalog and press the basket icon that takes me to my installed apps. This has been happening every time for the past 4-5 days. Yes, I have reboot several times. Did a battery pull a couple of times. I even ran the Tests from the Device Info app. But nothing has resolved the issue of "The action could not be completed. Try again later."
    We have several threads on this topic. A quick search would have shown you that. Anyway, Palm is aware of this issue and is working on fixing the problem.

Thank You.
    This is a known issue, there are several posts discussing it. Palm has discovered what the problem is and they are working on a fix.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Ongoing issue, several threads on this already.
    So its not just me. The App Catalog has crashed for days now when trying to check on updated apps. Enable Palm feeds: is that feed already preloaded into Preware and just needs to be enabled, or do I need to manually add it?
    I have found that if you go to the app catalog and update one app at a time it will let you update them. Just search for the app. Then click it. The click update or whatever it says
    They're already in there, just turn them on and then update the feeds.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    We have several threads on this topic.
    Yeah...like 54 at last count...and they still keep popping up!
    So, an issue just started about a week ago.

Whenever I go to the App Catalog and try and go to the "My Applications" page (the button with the shopping bag at the bottom) it just gives me the error:

"The Action Could Not Be Completed. Try Again Later"

I have a bunch of App Catalog patches enabled, and I have a couple apps that I did not pay for (I know, I know, I am inbetween jobs and just out of school right now...I have paid for apps in the past tho!)

Could these be interfering?
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast