Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
  2.    #102  
    It has never officially been available for WebOS, that is why this thread was made and the original Prefox was made. If you have anythig useful to add to the prefox build that would be great. But as for now I think everyone knows that Mozilla has no plans for a WebOS browser.

My build is available via the main thread and will be updated as I have time to work on it. But my current focus is a job & freelance work.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I wonder if one of the devs here can figure this out: The one feature that is great about PreFox is the arrow buttons to switch up/down from field to field. Currently there's a site that i am trying to log into that I can't tap on the screen to go from the username field to the password field for some reason. Since there's no TAB button on the Pre, this causes a problem. However, on PreFox, when I press the down arrow, it puts me into the password field. When I login however, PreFox closes and I can never see the page it's going to. If there was someone that could create a patch for the normal browser that would have the same effect, going to the next field, that would be great! Any takers?
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I wonder if one of the devs here can figure this out: The one feature that is great about PreFox is the arrow buttons to switch up/down from field to field. Currently there's a site that i am trying to log into that I can't tap on the screen to go from the username field to the password field for some reason. Since there's no TAB button on the Pre, this causes a problem. However, on PreFox, when I press the down arrow, it puts me into the password field. When I login however, PreFox closes and I can never see the page it's going to. If there was someone that could create a patch for the normal browser that would have the same effect, going to the next field, that would be great! Any takers?
    I am sure that is possible. Might want to make a request in PreCentral Forums > webOS Software and Chat > WebOS Patches. I wouldn't mind seeing this available also... So if you make the thread let me know and I will voice my liking on there. The more people you have that want a feature the more likely someone will want to work on it that can make it happen.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I am sure that is possible. Might want to make a request in PreCentral Forums > webOS Software and Chat > WebOS Patches. I wouldn't mind seeing this available also... So if you make the thread let me know and I will voice my liking on there. The more people you have that want a feature the more likely someone will want to work on it that can make it happen.
    Alright, here's the thread. Any support is appreciated. I think this would be a great patch.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-browser.html
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post

Lastly, since the authors site stated he is very busy I assumed he would not have time to make a thread on the PreCentral forum so i took the liberty. This way we can all work together on improving on what he has started for himself and gave to us.
    must be really busy cause it olny takes a few mins to start a thread.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Would be great if we can vote this request up:

Please port Firefox to webOS.

TIA.
    Any news on PreFox?

I just found out that it existed and was really exited. I usually crashes during page-load, though.

Anyway, I would really appreciate any work on Prefox. Is there a way to contribute data on crashes to make their fix easier?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    But is it still? The new beta really works pretty well. It'd be great to get it rolled onto webOS!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    bump
    Why did you bump this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

12.    #112  
    This is a dead thread and app, my most recent changes were great and seemed to really make the app move along. But that's it. I am not working on it anymore and I am sure after all this time no one else will.

14.    #114  
    With the backing of HP and the release of 3.0 coming around the corner. Maybe someone from Mozilla will finally be interested in making an official version.

"I am not saying it will happen just keeping hopeful."

kanaka5 likes this.
    they have their hands full with android version, the competition is very intense there.

HP has yet to prove webOS 3.0 will be a viable platform. Mozilla is not the only sitting on the side and see if Hp can continuously sell good number of touchpads in the next 6 months.

It might be more practical to first hope for skyfire and opera mini, followed by opera mobile. and maybe eventually firefox mobile.
  16.    #116  
    The app works on the TouchPad, with a few quirks. I am working on ironing these out but am not sure I will have time to apply the little fixes immediately.

This's dead now?????? I really like it the alpha release.......but......ever be available as final version????
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yes, its dead. i wrote the guy several days ago asking nicely if he ever planned on continuing the project. he replied rudely that he said in his last post on his blog that she was not going to continue. he sounded like an annoying jerk, so i would not bother writing him and asking what his plans are b/c you would probably get a similar reply.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456