Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I tried to pm you my email but you have pm's off. I do have a dropbox my signature will take you there and I will go find the wiki you mentioned.
    I added you as a buddy as I don't like the random stuff people send when you have the messaging freely open.

This has the source code download instructions minus the extra's from Mossop as I am not sure the patches would work in the new version:
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android

This has the MacPort information to get the environment ready (IF YOUR RUNNING A MAC):
    https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Dev..._Prerequisites

Palm Pre Mozconfig & Build instructions:
    Building PreFox | Fractal Brew
    Last edited by demetry14; 10/10/2010 at 07:53 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Not running a mac.
  3.    #83  
    Not running a mac.
    Just skip that step then... That's just what I have been working on because i have been mobile.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Is there an updated app on Fractal Brew or is someone working on updates? When the file's downloaded, it just shows "latest version" but there's no way to determine if/when it gets updated.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Is there an updated app on Fractal Brew or is someone working on updates? When the file's downloaded, it just shows "latest version" but there's no way to determine if/when it gets updated.
    If he updates the app, "he stated he wanted others to take it over because he is very busy"

https://www.fractalbrew.com/files/labs/prefox/

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=demetry14;2708928]If he updates the app, "he stated he wanted others to take it over because he is very busy"

[url]

well if anyone does any work on updates and wants to post some ipk's for testing, i'd be glad to check them out.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 10/14/2010 at 09:40 PM.
  7.    #87  
    My Latest build:
    Prefox Alpha with my changes so far

1. After install, reboot.
    2. After reboot open Prefox, wait for home page to load and then close prefox.
    3. Delete the .parentlock file otherwise the edits below will not stay.
    4. Edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.fractalbrew.prefox/userdata/.mozilla/fennec/{RANDOM CHARS}.default/prefs.jsjsjs
    5. In prefs.jsjsjs $add$ $user_pref$(&$quot$;$general$.$useragent$.$override$&$quot$;, $Mozilla$/$5$.$0$ ($iPhone$; $U$; $CPU$ $like$ $Mac$ $OS$ $X$; $en$) $AppleWebKit$/$420$+ ($KHTML$, $like$ $Gecko$) $Version$/$3$.$0$ $Mobile$/$1A543$ $Safari$/$419$.$3$&$quot$;);
    6. Save file and use Prefox.
    Last edited by demetry14; 10/19/2010 at 11:52 PM.

On step 2 now. How is the response for it now? So all those other changes we had to manually do earlier have been baked in?

What is your first app?
  9.    #89  
    On step 2 now. How is the response for it now? So all those other changes we had to manually do earlier have been baked in?

What is your first app?
    Seems to be smooth for me when browsing, but i have been on Wifi. Might be different for the 3G, but I'll know more tomorrow on that. I have changed font sizes and have run all .css file in omni.jar through YUICompressor-2.4.2. I also have run most of the image files through optipng, I changed the icon size to the 48x48 standard from the original 64x64 & the load image from 300x300 to 150x150. I was working on compressing all the .jsjsjs $files$ $but$ $that$ $seemed$ $to$ $break$ $the$ $program$ $once$ $compiled$. $I$ $will$ $be$ $at$ $least$ $removing$ $all$ $the$ $commented$ $text$ $and$ $closing$ $up$ $all$ $empty$ $lines$, $then$ $i$ $will$ $make$ $changes$ $to$ $the$ $cache$/$storage$ $sizes$ $like$ $i$ $refereed$ $to$ $in$ $the$ $removed$ $posts$ $before$. $I$ $will$ $copy$ $the$ $finished$ $file$ $from$ $my$ $phone$ $and$ $then$ $package$ $that$ $so$ $people$ $will$ $not$ $have$ $to$ $make$ $the$ $change$ $for$ $the$ $user$ $agent$ $or$ $any$ $other$ $change$ $that$ $I$ $make$ $within$ $those$ $files$.

My app is a simple Soundboard for my all time favorite movie Friday w/Ice Cube and Chris Tucker and hopefully it gets approved soon as I already have more sound clips i would like to add to it. This application was my learning experience for another application that has me stumped and for taking my eyes off of Prefox for a while.

I just read your app description. (And you know this MAAANNN!) I want to dive into programming and several people in mojo messenger said I should try a soundboard app. Still debating though. I look forward to your changes.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    My Latest build:
    com.fractalbrew.prefox_0.8.0_all.ipk

1. After install, reboot.
    2. After reboot open Prefox, wait for home page to load and then close prefox.
    3. Delete the .parentlock file otherwise the edits below will not stay.
    4. Edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.fractalbrew.prefox/userdata/.mozilla/fennec/{RANDOM CHARS}.default/prefs.jsjsjs
    5. In prefs.jsjsjs $add$ $user_pref$(&$quot$;$general$.$useragent$.$override$&$quot$;, $Mozilla$/$5$.$0$ ($iPhone$; $U$; $CPU$ $like$ $Mac$ $OS$ $X$; $en$) $AppleWebKit$/$420$+ ($KHTML$, $like$ $Gecko$) $Version$/$3$.$0$ $Mobile$/$1A543$ $Safari$/$419$.$3$&$quot$;);
    6. Save file and use Prefox.
    For step 5, what should the file actually look like then? Can you paste a code box?
  12.    #92  
    For step 5, what should the file actually look like then? Can you paste a code box?
    prefs.jsjsjs $will$ $have$ $quite$ $a$ $few$ $other$ $items$ $within$ $it$ $and$ $will$ $automatically$ $organize$ $the$ $entries$ $you$ $add$.

Sorry no "code paste" this time. I am going to try not to do that as sometimes when I view the forum threads with that in them Prefox crashes on me.

prefs.js
    Last edited by demetry14; 10/19/2010 at 11:58 PM.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    prefs.jsjsjs $will$ $have$ $quite$ $a$ $few$ $other$ $items$ $within$ $it$ $and$ $will$ $automatically$ $organize$ $the$ $entries$ $you$ $add$.

Sorry no "code paste" this time. I am going to try not to do that as sometimes when I view the forum threads with that in them Prefox crashes on me.

prefs.js
    That works, thanks. That's how I added it in mine, but I actually don't have anything else in that file other than just the text that said not to edit. I just added below like the others are in your file though.

prefs.js
    That works, thanks. That's how I added it in mine, but I actually don't have anything else in that file other than just the text that said not to edit. I just added below like the others are in your file though.
    My file only had the do not edit text as well. I will try this file when i get home.
  15.    #95  
    If the program was open the file would not have been written.
    If the .parentlock was still there then the file still had not been written.
    If you didn't run the application once first then that is fine as it will automatically organize the information as it is received even with your edit in there.

Otherwise, if it was empty then save your edit run the program close the program and make sure your edit is still a valid entry otherwise remake your edit. But again make sure your remove the .parentlock file as that is Mozilla's r/o mechanism.

My first App Catalog application was denied due to language. Homebrew catalog here I come.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    If you didn't run the application once first then that is fine as it will automatically organize the information as it is received even with your edit in there.

Otherwise, if it was empty then save your edit run the program close the program and make sure your edit is still a valid entry otherwise remake your edit. But again make sure your remove the .parentlock file as that is Mozilla's r/o mechanism.

My first App Catalog application was denied due to language. Homebrew catalog here I come.
    I delete the .parentlock with internalz and it shows deleted. I make the edit, then rerun Prefox, but when I check the prefs file again, it's all gone and the .parentlock is back.
    I delete the .parentlock with internalz and it shows deleted. I make the edit, then rerun Prefox, but when I check the prefs file again, it's all gone and the .parentlock is back.

I checked mine when I read this and the same thing had happened
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I checked mine when I read this and the same thing had happened
    The .parentlock will return after you re-run prefox as this is Mozilla's read-only step. I think Prefox is staying open after a closure for a little bit longer then it should... This to me is the only other reason for the loss of data you enter. I am making the changes myself and will upload the new file as soon as I can.

Download Latest Prefox Alpha build here:
    [url]

I downloaded it with my Pre but I can't see where it's gone, can you please tell me how to delete the silly thing?
    Last edited by crowning73; 11/01/2010 at 04:38 AM.

Your soundtrack of Friday wasn't accepted? Dang!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast