Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    For an early stage..it has real promise..as i noted on the news article it scored higher then the pre browser on the acid3 test
    I agree. It's buggy, but he said it was buggy before you installed it and asked that you install it purely for testing purposes, so idk what people expected. I think the interface is pretty cool with how the history/bookmarks/tabs placement is and it definitely rendered some pages perfectly that the Pre's browser fails at. Hopefully there are some devs around that can help the author out.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Installed from link via Preware. Won't launch. Has anyone found a fix or should I try a different install method?
    This is Awesome! I love me a new browser. Runs well, considering
    my firefox on the pc tells me that the download site is a threat..... im scared to proceed.... anyone else get this warning?
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    my firefox on the pc tells me that the download site is a threat..... im scared to proceed.... anyone else get this warning?
    if you are talking about the og link from the dev, I didn't get any warnings of that nature, if you are talking about my link, it too is not a thread, my link is simply another destination in my public dropbox folder that I just put the devs file there to share, I haven't altered the file in any way..
    sj
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    if you are talking about the og link from the dev, I didn't get any warnings of that nature, if you are talking about my link, it too is not a thread, my link is simply another destination in my public dropbox folder that I just put the devs file there to share, I haven't altered the file in any way..
    sj
    both actually... Hmmm weird I'll just ignor n download it anyways I guess lol thx for the response tho
    For those saying it won't open give it time. I have 1ghz Sprint Pre & it still can take almost a minute to load initialy but after that it loads faster
    Yes I wasn't waiting long enough. After the initial load it loads pretty fast. I have mode switcher set to data on demand and I can't seem to find the right setting for Prefox when in foreground it doesn't activate mode switcher but in the background it does but then it won't shut down data mode when I close it.
    I'm running a Sprint Pre with Uber1G and 14 patches. I did get the warning message, too, but went ahead.

Looks like it has a lot of potential, but yes, quite buggy at this point.

I went to the facebook link and signed in to my facebook account. Had trouble with entering numbers, got around it by double-pressing the option (orange) key. It was nice to get the familiar Firefox message, "do you want to save the password." I can't wait to synchronize with my desktop.

Pinch and zoom doesn't seem to work.

The developer does say on his blog that he's trying to get it into Preware, but having trouble because of the size of his package (insert crass joke here!).

How do you think the developer wants feedback? I agree, it would be most convenient if he would start a thread on Precentral or just jump into this one!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's not a matter of waiting, the icon glows and then goes out but no card ever opens and the launcher stays open.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes I wasn't waiting long enough. After the initial load it loads pretty fast. I have mode switcher set to data on demand and I can't seem to find the right setting for Prefox when in foreground it doesn't activate mode switcher but in the background it does but then it won't shut down data mode when I close it.
    Data on demand?...How do you do that?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Posting this from Prefox! Nice! Tap and hold on a link to open in a new tab
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Data on demand?...How do you do that?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...you-think.html
    I dont quite know how to import the modes i downloaded to Mode switcher. Any help?

Post in the thread above and you will get help. I don't want to hijackt this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Post in the thread above and you will get help. I don't want to hijackt this thread.
    Ok!

PreFox is seriously the slowest, most buggiest, awkward thing knwown to man. Its in dire need of an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    PreFox is seriously the slowest, most buggiest, awkward thing knwown to man. Its in dire need of an update.
    Do you get the concept of alpha testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    you are seriously the slowest alpha tester known to man. Please don't chase this developer away like others chased away unixpsycho.
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    Installed from link via Preware. Won't launch. Has anyone found a fix or should I try a different install method?
    Yeah, I ran into the same problem, use Internalz to install or WebOS Quick Install.

I copied the file to my usb partition and then used Internalz to install.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast