Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I purchased MyTether for occassional useage with my notebook, but I have found its' performance(at all locations) to be 200K or less. With my iPad and AT&T(which everyone says sucks) I have actually gotten download speads of 2800K and uploads of 1500K.

Any ideas on why the Pre with MyTether is performing so poorly?
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    I have had a very similar issue with mytether performing very poorly. I don't know what is causing it but have had the issue since i got 1.4
    mytether sucks. When it does connect it's slow as hell
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 85gslse View Post
    mytether sucks. When it does connect it's slow as hell
    At this point I would have to agree with you.
    just find the hacked version of mobile hotspot that's comes on the verizon phones. In this forum there are instructions on hw to set it up and it's free.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    just find the hacked version of mobile hotspot that's comes on the verizon phones. In this forum there are instructions on hw to set it up and it's free.
    Why would that make any difference? I am starting to think that it is the Sprint 3G network that sux!
    Have had much better success personally with Mobile Hotspot. Never was able to get MyTether to work reliably. And the support is virtually nonexistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rombo View Post
    Why would that make any difference? I am starting to think that it is the Sprint 3G network that sux!
    You would be wrong, the mhs works great, Its never going to be broadband speed!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Has aonic even posted anything on the mytether forums in the last 6 months?
    I dont get why anybody would use mytether! Its been useless or at least difficult to use since the first OTA. Aonic sells this software and doesnt support it? Use MHS it works flawlessly.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I dont get why anybody would use mytether! Its been useless or at least difficult to use since the first OTA. Aonic sells this software and doesnt support it? Use MHS it works flawlessly.
    Probably because it is the most publicized tethering app for the pre.

I know people with android phones and there are numerous free tethering apps for them that work great.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    My Sprint Pre is deactivated and in developer mode yet mytether still shows 5bars for wireless access AONET. Is there a way to use this service on disconnected phone?