Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Okay, so yes, I bought RemoteWin from the app catalog this morning, I thought it would be pretty cool to have because I'm always on my computer and it would be useful on the go. I followed the directions right, but I think I'm confused about some parts. I downloaded the RemoteWin server, and these are the questions I couldn't figure out-
    1. When setting up a new server in the app on my phone, what is the server name? Would it be RemoteWin? because that is the server I installed, or is it my router user name?
    2. The password on the app, is that just a password I make up when I setup the program on my computer? Or my router? (i tried setting up my wifi and evdo, that's why I'm asking this, I tried an ip forwarding software)
    3.when I put in the address on the app, is it my ip address or my local address? And when I enter it the instructions say [url] is that all I put? When I set up utorrent on my pre I had to put the port number after address.
    4. When I downloaded the servers 2 installed, RemoteWin and Remote Server , what is the right one?
    5. When setting up evdo (which is what I would mostly use) do I need to do anything to my router? When I setup ip forwarding, is the username and pass. My SSID and WEP password??

Sorry for the long post, I'm usually good with computers and phones, but when it comes to ip addresses, routers, and all that I get confused I know RemoteWin is not that great but I don't know of anything else like it, and I guess the dev doesn't care, hasn't emailed back and I hear alot about poor support.

So if you have set it up before or know how to please let me know! I have windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and I have allowed it through my firewall, when I set up the server and then try and log in, it immediately says "unable to connect" I've tried all the ip adresses I could see and everything all different ways and still nothing

Thanks for your time!!!!
    - Cole!
    I LOVE MY PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What kind of router do you have?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    What kind of router do you have?
    its a Motorola Netopia 3347

That is all it says on it, and my internet is through Quest (dont know if that matters though)
    I LOVE MY PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!