Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I am starting this official thread for the new Falling Sand for webOS available in the Palm app catalog here:

developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.jackpot.fallingsand

Let us know what you think or if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, etc.

L8tr,
    Rich
    Last edited by j@ckpotideas; 09/29/2010 at 08:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I think this app is really pretty cool. I gave it a four out of five star rating in the apps catalog. What would make it even better, IMO, is if the color bars at the bottom could be hidden from sight when desired, or as an option, being able to use keyboard keys instead of touchscreen keys to produce the effects. Plus, a way to clear the sand from the screen (to start over) without having to close the app and reopen it would be nice. But as is, this is still a nice, creative game to while-away my free time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    I think this app is really pretty cool. I gave it a four out of five star rating in the apps catalog. What would make it even better, IMO, is if the color bars at the bottom could be hidden from sight when desired, or as an option, being able to use keyboard keys instead of touchscreen keys to produce the effects. Plus, a way to clear the sand from the screen (to start over) without having to close the app and reopen it would be nice. But as is, this is still a nice, creative game to while-away my free time.
    Cosign both suggestions.
    Prē
    I'm going to agree with those, and suggest an option to erase lines already drawn. Nice app, reminds me of one I had on my Treo, Starter, I believe it was called.
    All of those options are already available guys. Try experimenting with the keys on your keyboard. z,x,c,v toggle the various sand flows.
    u clears the screen
    N makes a line of yellow sand
    m makes a flaming line
    g makes a line of blue sand that defies gravity
    h makes a line of normal blue sand
    k makes a line of brown sand
    b makes the normal line
    l makes a normal grey line
    Let me know if I got anything wrong!
    I had this on my HTC Touch Diamond a few years ago and LOVED it, so you can imagine the feeling I got when I saw this in the app catalog. Anyways, there should be a button to reset it, and also, instead of colors at the bottom, they should be icons. Right now they confuse me, on the windows mobile version there was icons so it was alot easier to click on what you wanted to. Thanks for the great game.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you everyone for your input, opinions and suggestions. I plan to put more work into the app, this was the initial release so I was hoping for, and expecting some improvements to be suggested. broncot and Nightburn are correct, there are actually quite a few key codes that can be used to create different effects and interactions with the onscreen elements. I have just submitted an updated description to the catalog, the key codes are on our website at jackpotideas.com and I am posting them here as well:

KEY FUNCTION
    0 Eraser
    1 Draw wall
    2 Draw water
    3 Draw dirt
    4 Draw salt
    5 Draw oil
    6 Draw acid
    7 Draw fire
    8 Draw electricity
    9 Draw torch
    k Draw mud
    h Draw saltwater
    g Draw steam
    b Draw ice
    i Increase pen size
    j Decrease pen size
    u Clear screen
    v Enable or disable oil emitter
    r Increase oil emitter density
    f Decrease oil emitter density
    c Enable or disable salt emitter
    e Increase salt emitter density
    d Decrease salt emitter density
    z Enable or disable water emitter
    q Increase water emitter density
    a Decrease water emitter density
    w Increase dirt emitter density
    s Decrease dirt emitter density
    x Enable or disable dirt emitter
    t Draw a bunch of random lines
    y Erase a bunch of random lines

As you can see those should keep you busy for a while. Please spread the word if you like what I am doing for the community so we can possibly place in the Hot Apps competition and provide more free apps / updates. It's hard for us little guys to stay afloat.

- Rich
    Last edited by j@ckpotideas; 09/23/2010 at 10:03 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any other suggestions, comments, problems? We are also thinking of making it Pixi compatible soon. Be on the look out for that. Are there many Pixi owners who would like this app ported over for them too?

Rich
    Last edited by j@ckpotideas; 09/23/2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: add Signature
    Some way to quickly clear the entire screen, maybe by shaking. A way to turn off the five streams falling from the top.
  11.    #11  
    Some way to quickly clear the entire screen, maybe by shaking. A way to turn off the five streams falling from the top.
    Currently pressing the "u" keypad button will clear the screen entirely.

z -> Enable or disable water emitter
    x -> Enable or disable dirt emitter
    c -> Enable or disable salt emitter
    v -> Enable or disable oil emitter

That is actually what is falling from left to right, water, dirt, salt, and oil. They can each be turned on and off.

- Rich
    Last edited by j@ckpotideas; 09/23/2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Then some easy to read instructions somewhere on the main screen, maybe a key command for each under the tile for them.
  13.    #13  
    Then some easy to read instructions somewhere on the main screen, maybe a key command for each under the tile for them.
    This is something I am working on for future updates. Thank you for your suggestions

- Rich
  14.    #14  
    Your Welcome, Jakeeeee, thanks for the thanks!!!

Hope that helps everyone have even more free fun with webOS!!!

-Rich
  15.    #15  
    Please spread the word, we are gonna try to keep the app Free, and definitely free til the end of this week.
    Hi I fell in love with this game while unemployed a while back. Maybe it was my dissillussion, but I really miss the ability to set little nitro, c4 and napalm bombs in my creations.

is this possible to add in?

nnb
  17.    #17  
    This is a great suggestion, I will look into adding these. Thanks!!!
    Update on a weekly basis. It gives your 'stituants a feel of reliability and constant improvement. Even if the update involves changing a header (you just don't have to document it as such). Also, revamp the UI every six months/one year for best results.
  19.    #19  
    Thank you Zen00,

Those are great suggestions!

- Rich
  20.    #20  
    Hey Everyone,

Falling Sand will definitely be free for at least another day. The future of the app after that is open. I have received many good suggestions and I have many good ideas. Keep on spreading the word, and keep the suggestions coming!!! Thank you for all of your support.

- Rich
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast