Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    Omg this better happen. That way I can listen to Glenn Beck through my phone!!!
    You already can... Glenn Beck's program is carried on numerous stations in RadioTime.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Been waiting for this for awhile as well. My favorite local station always advertises this app to listen to them so I'll be there day one. Don't have a Facebook though so I can't really show my support through the link.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Damn I wish this forum had a thumbs down button some days......

anyways on topic. @sjsharksfan, I wouldn't complain about getting some sharks games on my phone, once again if this app does decent AM coverage I can see big uses for me personally, the only live radio I like listening to any more is AM sports talk.
    KOMY 1340 in RadioTime carries the Sharks already. And a slew of sports talk stations listed under "Sports" interestingly enough.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    KOMY 1340 in RadioTime carries the Sharks already. And a slew of sports talk stations listed under "Sports" interestingly enough.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    No complaints at all..... I use RadioTime, err have it, don't use it much. I probably would use it more, if I had more time to plug in... for example I currently have probably 2 hours of the current weeks Adam Carolla Show (podcast) still to listen too.

Only posting in this thread, cuz I really don't know who is still listening to broadcast FM anymore if you have a data signal, and battery power (which you would need to use any app).
    :::: sigh ::::

If only I could find a station on RadioTime that carries the K.C. Chiefs . . .
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    :::: sigh ::::

If only I could find a station on RadioTime that carries the K.C. Chiefs . . .
    That's an NFL issue, same with the MLB.... at least as far as I know. Because of other contracts, they don't allow local affiliates to stream broadcasts at all.

Trust me I understand, Cowboys fan living in nor-cal, combine that with Dodgers and Lakers...... I never get live game coverage in nor-cal unless I want to subscribe to something.... Thankfully the Raiders are blacked-out Sunday, so I get the Cowboys this weekend!
    Which ones? I highly doubt all of the stations in your city are Clear Channel stations. iHeartRadio only plays a selection of Clear Channel stations. There are 750 Clear Channel stations available in iHeartRadio (300 in the Android version). There are thousands of stations available in RadioTime.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Exactly. iHeart is only Clearn Channel stations. I downloaded Radiotime several weeks back and I was able to listen to some of my fav stations in Phoenix even though I'm not in that part of the country. I thought that was so cool b/c I didn't know that such an app existed.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That's an NFL issue, same with the MLB.... at least as far as I know. Because of other contracts, they don't allow local affiliates to stream broadcasts at all.

Trust me I understand, Cowboys fan living in nor-cal, combine that with Dodgers and Lakers...... I never get live game coverage in nor-cal unless I want to subscribe to something.... Thankfully the Raiders are blacked-out Sunday, so I get the Cowboys this weekend!
    The Chiefs are different for some reason. They actually stream their games online because of some Cumulus Media license. The problem is that all Cumulus Media stations stream in WMA over mms://, i.e. they are not compatible with WebOS. We may have something in store to fix that in WebOS 2.0. We'll see if I can make this work.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I use radio time, way more channels than I heart radio...
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I use radio time, way more channels than I heart radio...
    You're a good man. Support the underdog! Down with Big Radio!

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Which ones? I highly doubt all of the stations in your city are Clear Channel stations. iHeartRadio only plays a selection of Clear Channel stations. There are 750 Clear Channel stations available in iHeartRadio (300 in the Android version). There are thousands of stations available in RadioTime.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Almost all of the stations that I listen to in my market (Pittsburgh, PA) are Clear Channel so I can not wait for this app.
    You're a good man. Support the underdog! Down with Big Radio!

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Mrs. has I *gag* radio on her BB and yep...it sucks. Very few worthwhile stations. RadioTime is a great app and after it dropped I was happy to have it mainly to listed to out of state radio when inclined.

Though I agree with the other poster who said that with a network conneciton and battery life, WHY are you listening to local broadcast radio anyway? The music selection is a million times better streaming from the net and with Pandora, Slacker, Net2Streams, and all the "specific genre" app (ala DI.FM) I just don't see the local station. I haven't heard Power96 or 99JAMZ, or Y100 since long before I got my Pre (used to stream through PocketTunes on the Treos)
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Almost all of the stations that I listen to in my market (Pittsburgh, PA) are Clear Channel so I can not wait for this app.
    You just need to expand your range in stations then. When I created the app, I really only wanted to listen to one of my local stations and nothing else. I was "hooked" on that station. But, when I was developing it, I saw thousands of stations that I had never heard of before, thousands of DJs, talk shows, etc that I had never listened to before. Now, I hardly ever listen to that one station. In fact, I don't even have it on my presets anymore.

We have an application that brings you the world. Literally. There's a whole lot of good stuff out there that you may never hear unless you explore.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    You just need to expand your range in stations then. When I created the app, I really only wanted to listen to one of my local stations and nothing else. I was "hooked" on that station. But, when I was developing it, I saw thousands of stations that I had never heard of before, thousands of DJs, talk shows, etc that I had never listened to before. Now, I hardly ever listen to that one station. In fact, I don't even have it on my presets anymore.

We have an application that brings you the world. Literally. There's a whole lot of good stuff out there that you may never hear unless you explore.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I'm sorry but you must have never heard of the Pittsburgh Steelers lol. We have two of the best sports talk/comedy relief/music intermixed DJs I have ever heard here on the same station that is Clear Channel. I use Pandora for music when I need it but I must have my Benz/Madden on my phone.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    The music selection is a million times better streaming from the net and with Pandora, Slacker, Net2Streams, and all the "specific genre" app (ala DI.FM) I just don't see the local station.
    For reference, RadioTime carries the stations in Net2Streams (mainly SHOUTcast) and all 37 channels of Digitally Imported (DI.FM). As for Pandora or Slacker, they're just mp3 servers.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    I'm sorry but you must have never heard of the Pittsburgh Steelers lol. We have two of the best sports talk/comedy relief/music intermixed DJs I have ever heard here on the same station that is Clear Channel. I use Pandora for music when I need it but I must have my Benz/Madden on my phone.
    You mean the Pittsburgh Steelers that have been broadcast on WTBO, WZXR, The Bear, and Radio Imagen on RadioTime since its release? Those Steelers?

And Madden isn't Clear Channel. He's WestWood. KCBS San Francisco (also available in RadioTime).

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Last edited by DocLee; 09/17/2010 at 07:47 PM.
    The Chiefs are different for some reason. They actually stream their games online because of some Cumulus Media license. The problem is that all Cumulus Media stations stream in WMA over mms://, i.e. they are not compatible with WebOS. We may have something in store to fix that in WebOS 2.0. We'll see if I can make this work.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    That's insane, didn't know that, I guess being a Cowboys fan I guess I should know licensing deals can be done outside the NFL if you own certain items (like how the old Cowboys stadium had the Nike logo and served a different soda brand than the rest of the NFL since JJ owned the stadium he could make his own deals outside of the NFL collective ownership deals)...... crazy.
    You mean the Pittsburgh Steelers that have been broadcast on WTBO, WZXR, The Bear, and Radio Imagen on RadioTime since its release? Those Steelers?

And Madden isn't Clear Channel. He's WestWood. KCBS San Francisco (also available in RadioTime).

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Doc, Radio Time is my most used app by far, it's on my wave launcher and you do a great job.
    Getting those WMA stations on the Pre with Web OS 2.0 would be awesome. Your work is appreciated greatly.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    But iHeartRadio is the only provider authorized to play Cleat Channel, right? The only reason I want to listen to commercial radio is to listen to a local morning radio show (WNCI Columbus)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    But iHeartRadio is the only provider authorized to play Cleat Channel, right? The only reason I want to listen to commercial radio is to listen to a local morning radio show (WNCI Columbus)
    My reason excactly as well I love and use RadioTime everyday but unfortunatley, my local news and traffic especially are on Clear Channel staions.... thats why I am so looking forward to iHeart but I will continue to enjoy RadioTime as well for its wide selection of stations.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast