1.    #1  
    This is a popular request and to quickly get one up and running for webOS, here's one which works with the NCEP online calculator
    As expected you require an Internet connection. I can consider a standalone version in the future but the calculations are rather complex and will require a fair bit of javascript coding.

This is an early version and there are some things to do

1) Horrible icon. if someone can design a nicer application icon I'd appreciate it
    2) US units (mg/dL) only - perhaps add in an SI unit option
    3) The output is the raw HTML from the NCEP website. It has been formatted as a table so in portrait mode the text is cut off to the right. You can rotate the Pre to landscape and view more text. A neater solution is to parse the HTML data and clean up the output. I'll do the latter later on.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/16/2010 at 04:39 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2.    #2  
    I have uploaded version 0.3.0 with most formatting fixes to homebrew. It will appear in this link once the moderator approves it:

http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...isk-calculator

and it should subsequently appear in Preware. If anyone can't wait please let me know and I shall upload a zip file here.

Screenshots attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    would like one!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Note that one input item is labeled LDL yet if you enter your LDL you get an error that tells you to enter the correct HDL.
  5.    #5  
    Whoops, you are right. It's a typo and it should be HDL and not LDL cholesterol. Fixed in version 0.4.0 and the app is now out in Homebrew and should be in Preware soon I hope.

http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...isk-calculator

PS If someone can point me to the actual equation used (not the point scoring system) I could make a standalone version
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 09/16/2010 at 05:05 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Major update: the program now uses the original Framingham equation to calculate (all) CVD risk (at 5 or 10 years). The NCEP 'hard' CVD risk is still maintained as an online calculation option.
    I have tested the equation using the online calculators here:

Cardiovascular Risk Calculator and Chart v1.2
    (select CVD (Framingham) )
    and
    Australian absolute cardiovascular disease risk calculator - National Vascular Disease Prevention Alliance
    (this one is a 5 year risk calculator)

and the results seem to tally.

Bug reports, comments, criticisms, suggestions welcome.
    sorry i havent been able to try this out much... will surely let you know once i get some action.
  8.    #8  
    I have submitted the app to the official catalog. Apart from the app id, it is identical to the Homebrew version. Hope it gets approved and appears in a few days.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Tried to download thru PreWare and get an error message, not an approved WebOS app.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    Tried to download thru PreWare and get an error message, not an approved WebOS app.
    Might be a glitch in the App Catalog servers. I get that from time to time too. Maybe because it has just been approved in the App Catalog - do try again. The version in Precentral Homebrew is identical apart from the App Id.